Oct
2007

My Shrimp Won A Prize at Southern Living Cook-off!

Tags: ,

Dinner

Coconut Macadamia Shrimp with A Warm Tropical Salsa
The Southern Living Cook-off is held every year. I was so excited to be a finalist this year. 15 of us were duking it out for 100K big ones. I was able to win my category and took home 10K. What a great time they showed us in Birmingham. Click on the link and check out all of the yummy winners.

Comments

Karen says:

Hi Jenny! Welcome to the blogosphere.
    I’m so glad you’re here!

Your shrimp recipe is on my list to make soon; it looks like a winner to me.

Hi Karen,
    Glad you popped it.

I was just thinking the same thing about your shrimp salad. I’ve got to try it soon! SL was so much fun, it was great talking with you!

Cami D. says:

Jenny Congrats on your winning- I didn’t even know you are such a fantastic cook or shall I say CHEF!? See – all these things we learn from blogs – I’m totally going to try one of your recipes from the ward cookbook today! You’re great!!

HI Cami,
    I am no Chef by any means, I just like experimenting with recipes. Hope you like the recipes!

Carrie says:

This looks great…I’ve got to try it! Have you paired it with anything to make it more of a main course? You stopped by my friend’s flog…(food blog) Mudpie Gourmet…I saw your comment and link yesterday and then last night they replayed your chicken competition on The Food Network! What a coincidence. Looking forward to trying your creations!

Hi Carrie,
    Glad you found my blog. I usually would serve a nice vegetable pasta with this shrimp. Like a fettucine with steamed broccoli, sauteed onions, garlic, red bell pepper, really whatever veggis you like. Then drizzle with a good olive oil and season with some salt and pepper. Enjoy, this shrimp is so good. I think I’ll make it again this week!

nuthouse says:

Congratulations Jen!
    This was a real winner! You deserved it…Love Mona

Alli Elggren says:

A huge CONGRATS!!! Hope I didn’t embarrass you by announcing this in the RS October newsletter. Just thought you should be celebrated! You are amazing;-)

Jamie says:

Great looking recipe. I will try this!
    The link you provided isn’t working, today anyway! :-)
    Here is the address I finally found it at:
    Thanks,
    Jamie

LillyB says:

Wow! You are so blessed and talented!!! You are a winner!!
    Love your blog!
    Lilly

Congratulation!:) The dish looks delicious.

Congrats on the award! I too will be making this soon.

Lauren says:

I know this is a really old post, but I just stumbled upon it and I am SO glad that I did. I have been looking for the perfect coconut shrimp recipe for almost 2 years now and I can’t wait to try yours. I’ve loved every recipe of yours that I have tried so far. Congrats on winning this (even though it was a while bak). Thanks for your blog.

HOW I GOT MY $50 PSN CODE FOR FREE

1.) DOWNLOAD apptrailers from app store or android market for iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Android Phone

2) GO to VIDEOS and then you’ll see a star that says ENTER BONUS CODE…click it

3) THEN put the code: sabedloach

Earn PSN CODE and Redeem! Its that simple! But HURRY and Do it now while the code is still working!

WhoooWHEE! That looks delicious. Congratulations on the shrimp, finals, and 10K!

Diy for Home says:

Yes! Finally someone writes about trish stratus.