Dec
2007

My Holiday Plates Part 1

Tags:

I feel horrible, I haven’t made a homemade dinner for my family in almost a week! It has been so busy and I’ve had so much baking to get done! My husband called this morning asking if I was making dinner, it was kind of funny.

So, these are my Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Candy Cane Dusted Frosting. They are incredibly easy, but look very fun. I even used a store bought frosting to save time, but feel free to use the cream cheese frosting that is listed in my recipe below.

One word of advice, sprinkle the candy cane on the tops just before boxing or plating up. The candy cane almost starts to melt if you wait too long.

I got these cute Martha Stewart boxes from Michaels that fit the cupcakes perfectly. They came with tags, bows and printed parchment. You could also plate them, I would recommend those disposable silver bakers you find in the baking isle of the grocery store. They are deep enough, so when you cover them, the frosting doesn’t get smashed. Just add a nice Christmas bow and it looks cute too!

I’m sad there are no more leftovers! My husband and youngest little guy were fighting over the last one this morning!

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Candy Cane Dusted Frosting

1 box devils food cake mix
½ Cup water
½ Cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix (4serving size)
8 oz sour cream
12 oz bag chocolate chips

24 oz softened cream cheese
1 stick softened butter
16 oz powdered sugar

1 box of candy canes, put into food processor, pulsed until in tiny pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cake mix, water, oil, eggs, pudding mix, sour cream and chocolate chips into a stand or electric mixer. Mix on medium speed for a minute and a half or until well combined.

2. Fill 24 cupcake tins ¾ full with batter and bake 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes clean when poked in the center. Let cool.

3. Place cream cheese, butter and sugar into a large bowl. Whisk slowly until well combined and frosting consistency. Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.

24 servings

Comments

Emiline says:

Did you give most of them away? I would keep them for myself.
    I love cupcakes…

I gave all but 3 away. I want some more.

kristen hansen says:

Okay now THAT is just mean! It’s the most wonderful time of the year for sweets galore and I can’t eat them! (I am pregnant and for some unknown WEIRD reason the sugar makes me sick! Bah!)

These look absolutely DELISH!!!

That’s almost a good think Kristen! I don’t think I’ll ever have that problem! Good luck with your pregnancy.

Carpenters says:

So glad I found your blog..Your recipes are to die for…I had to share your blog on my blog….My mouth is drooling over all you yummy creations. I wish I could have you make them for me…..

Proud Italian Cook says:

Jenny, nice and festive and fast!!They look great, love the peppermint!

Kim A says:

Yummy mummy!

The Cummard Family says:

my mouth is watering-really. anything peppermint mmmmm!

Marci says:

Hi Jenny, I have loved reading your blog! I have tried several of your recipes and loved them! I’m glad you posted this one. It is such a cute idea!

Karen says:

These look adorable and sweet.

I can’t resist the Martha stuff at Michaels. I get that old crafty feeling.

Carpenters,
    Welcome to my blog, hope you find some good recipes!

Proud Italian Cook,
    Thanks! I too love peppermint.

Kimmy and Cummard Family,
    Thanks, they are really worth every calorie. I need to make them one more time before Christmas. Maybe for Christmas eve Kimmy!?

Hi Marci,
    So glad you and your sisters found my blog! Hope you enjoy!

Hi Karen,
    I agree, I still love all of Martha’s fun craft stuff! Have a great holiday with your fam!!

Anchor1 says:

Excellent site. Plenty of useful info here. I’m sending it to several friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you to your effort!