Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 3-6 hours | Total time: 6 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounce can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 14 ounce can Cheddar Soup
- 14 ounces Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups steamed broccoli florets (Boiled in hot water for 3 minutes then drained)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place soups, chicken broth, Cajun and garlic salt into a crockpot over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Add chicken, pressing to the bottom. Cover lid and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, use 2 forks to shred into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream and broccoli.
- Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Makes 4-6 Servings
Don’t like using canned soup? Here’s an option for my Homemade Cheese Sauce
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- To prepare roux, melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes until color of roux will gets slightly darker. Slowly whisk in broth, stirring continuously until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in cheese until melted.
- Please note, if you choose the homemade sauce, you have to prepare it first, you can’t just add all of the ingredients to the crockpot. You’ll also cook your chicken breast in the broth first, shred then add the homemade cheese sauce. Before serving add sour cream and steamed broccoli.
PIN to your favorite Dinner Recipe Board!