Dec
2007

The Ultimate Reeces Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Tags: ,

Desserts

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. As luck had it, both my boys were coughing, needed breathing treatments and had fevers! They still managed to have fun opening their presents though. Let the clean up and returns begin!

Since I have a few more days before I’ve got to start eating better, I decided this morning, to use up some of my stocking candy and what better candy to choose than Reeces Peanut Butter Cups! Yummm! I’ve used one of my favorite banana bread recipes and added peanut butter, chopped up peanut butter cups and a peanut butter sweet drizzle for a knock out bread. I can hardly call it bread, because it is so deliciously sweet! Enjoy!

The Ultimate Reeces Peanut Butter Banana Bread

3 Sticks softened butter
2 Cups sugar
5 eggs
½ Cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 small box vanilla pudding mix (4 serving size)
2 Cups flour
5-6 ripe bananas

20-30 recees peanut butter minis

½ Cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
2-3 Tablespoons milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs until smooth. Add peanut butter, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, pudding mix and flour until combined. Stir in bananas and Reeces.

2. Pour batter into 3 greased bread pans. Bake 45-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of each loaf. Let cool.

4. Place powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and drizzling consistency.

5. Drizzle over each loaf.

Comments

Emiline says:

Oh wow, that sounds delicious! I love banana and peanut butter combinations. I got some Reeses peanut butter cups in my stocking, so I might try this. Maybe in muffin form. Have to do before the new year, though.

Muffins would be great with these. Seriously, I’ve got to stop with all my sweets. The new year is coming soon, time for better eating!!

Kameron says:

How yummy! I think I’ll try mini-loaves and take them around for VTing this week (keeping some for me, of course).

Definately keep one for yourself. They are such a treat!! I froze my other 2 loaves for later.

MrsPresley says:

wow, what a great idea!

Deborah says:

This sounds amazing!! I love Emiline’s idea to do it as muffins, too. I’m gonna be making this!

Thanks MrsPresley
    Anything with Reeces Peanut Butter Cups is sure to be delicious!

Deborah,
    You’ll really like this recipe. The muffins would be even more convenient! Enjoy!

Deborah says:

I just wanted to let you know that I made this recipe recently – and we LOVED it!! I just posted about it on my blog. Thanks for the recipe!! I will be keeping this recipe!

Hi Deborah,
    So glad you and your family enjoyed this bread. It really is incredible! I’ve got a loaf frozen in my freezer that I’m about ready to get out and enjoy again!

The Llewellyn's says:

I want that delicious bread. mmmmm. You are talented

Mary says:

I think I’m going to try these in muffin form. Maybe early next week.

Holly,
    You’ve got to try these, totally worth the calories! Hows the baby? Hope you both are doing well!

Mary,
    Great idea, I think I’ll try muffins next time too!

Proud Italian Cook says:

Peanut butter banana bread???? OMG!!

evette says:

This recipe sounds delicious. Would you use salted butter or unsalted butter for this recipe?

Hi Evette,
    I used unsalted butter. Enjoy!

Sherri says:

Do you put the Reese’s in whole or do you chop them up?

Hi Sherri,
    Chop up the Reeses before putting them in the mix. Enjoy!

The Larsen's says:

I’m new and love trying your recipies. This looks great…until I can find some PB cups, would you mind posting your regular banana recipe? I have been looking for a good one for awhile now. Thanks!

snbjork says:

In one word: Delicious! I made these into muffins last night. I always make my banana bread that way so that they can easily be frozen, then we can just grab one or two at a time (and don’t eat an entire loaf in one day!). I honestly didn’t think I would like the peanut butter drizzle so I left some plain just in case. But, I loved it!

Thank you for all of your wonderful recipes! Tonight I’m making your open-faced lasagna ciabattas (although my Wal-Mart didn’t have them, so I’m using french bread instead). I’ll let you know how they turn out.

I have referred many people to your blog now and they all love it, too! I look forward to many more great recipes and ideas! Thank you!

jami says:

I was wondering if this was suppose to be kinda gooey in the middle? I made them into mini loaves and left them in the oven for about 38-40 minutes but they are still gooey. I was just wondering if I didnt leave them in long enough. Thanks!

Andrea says:

fFor the Reeces cups did you use minitures (the ones that are a step down from regular Reeces cups chopped up) or the really little mini ones? FYI- I love your blog. I have introduced all my family and friends to Picky Palate!

Anna says:

I made this today and WOW, FANTASTIC!!!! I’ll be making this for Christmas gifts this year!!

[...] A great twist on the classic banana bread- The Ultimate Reeses Peanut Butter Banana Bread! [...]

Renee says:

I tried this recipe today. I made 1 loaf and a 10 inch cake. absolutely delicious and very moist!! Thanks for sharing! I will be making this again!

Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too.

This kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the great works guys I’ve incorporated
    you guys to my personal blogroll.

Belinda says:

I was wondering if the pudding you used is instant or cook ?

[…] of peanut butter and chocolate, so this has always been a favorite candy of mine. So when I saw this recipe on Picky Palate, I just knew that I would be making it. I had never thought of adding peanut butter […]