Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Feb
2008

Chicken Artichoke Panini with Prosciutto and Swiss

Tags: ,

Dinner

Another excellent sandwich inspired by my absolute favorite sammy at Paradise Bakery. So sorry for those of you who aren’t fortunate enough to have one close by. However, I like my version even better, and it’s so easy!

If you don’t have a fancy panini press or grill pan like I used in my pictures, no worries, just use a skillet like you would a grill cheese, but use a medium weighted pan to press on top of the sandwich while the bottom half cooks. Flip and do the same for the 2nd side.

There’s just something about a hot, crispy, cheesy sandwich that is so tempting. I could eat this any day of the week and be so happy! Give it a try and enjoy it with a good bowl of soup or salad! Have a great week everyone!

I used those ciabatta rolls again that I find at Walmart, but any crusty roll will work fine.

Chicken Artichoke Panini with Prosciutto and Swiss

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ciabatta roll or other crusty roll of choice, split
2 slices swiss cheese
1-2 slices prosciutto or crisped bacon if you’d prefer
4 slices deli chicken breast meat
1/4 Cup artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil, drained
1/2 Cup packed fresh baby arugula leaves
2 slices roma tomato

1. Prehat grill pan, panini press or large skillet to medium high heat. Brush both sides of roll with extra virgin olive oil. Layer bottom roll with 1 slice of swiss cheese, prosciutto, chicken breast slices, artichoke hearts, arugula leaves, tomatoes and 2nd slice of swiss. Close with top roll and place onto grill pan. Place a weighted pan on top to press sandwich down and form grill marks. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned, crisped and cheese has melted. Remove, cut in half if desired and enjoy!

Comments

Jaime says:

i love all the sandwiches you make at home! great inspiration for those meals i need to make in a pinch! :) this looks wonderful!

Emiline says:

My sister and I are just sitting here, admiring your delicious looking panini.
    We looked at each other and started nodding our heads, when we saw that sandwich. We’d both sooo eat that.

What About Mom? says:

looks so delicious!

favorite foods:

in New Orleans — muffuletta

in New York City — Ruben

in Florida — Cuban

you’re right. there IS something about a hot pressed sandwich!

Bonnie says:

These looks delicious !! So delicious, in fact, that I’m sending people over from my recipe blog to check it out !!!

Thanks so much Jamie,
    Sammy’s are definately one of my favorite things to make.

Thanks to you and your sis Emiline!

What about mom,
    I’m with you, all those sandwiches sound deliscious!

Thanks Bonnie,
    I’ll be checking out your recipe blog. Thanks for the link!

furiousBall says:

one day when my mouth stops hurting i want this in my mouth

The Harris Family Daily Chat says:

Yum jen..
    hey I need your email o I can add to you my private list. Email me at lisafharris@hotmail.com

Nash says:

HOly Crap, I cannot keep up with you. I don’t know how you stay skinny ( just saw your cheesecake). Ok I love potato & cheese, or broccoli/cheese soups, specially from Paradise or Outback. Maybe you already have a good recipe for these.

Deborah says:

Another yummy sandwich! I love that it has artichoke hearts.

Cara says:

This sandwich looks great! I’ve been needing some new and exciting sandwich ideas for lunch.

Sharona May says:

Wow! very nice! I just recently received a panini maker for my b-day and I really like it!

Thanks for the great idea.
    Sharona May

Catherine Wilkinson says:

There you go…making these delicious sandwiches, making me crazy when I’m hungry! You should open a gourmet sandwich restaurant! Artichokes are an overlooked item for sandwiches, I think…but they have perfect texture and taste for a sammy!

Kevin says:

That sandwich looks good. Great idea to use a grill pan if you don;t have a panini press!

Tracy says:

I’ve never heard of or been in Paradise Bakery, but that panini looks wonderful! The nice thing about paninis for dinner is you can make a different one for everyone.

Michelle says:

I’ve wanted a Panini Grill for the longest time. It just seems to make the best sandwiches!

Gorgeous photos

Tracy says:

I really need to get out my George Foreman more often to make panini! These look great!

Oh my goodness…this panini looks so fresh and tasty! I love a good panini and this one definitely looks like one!

LilSis says:

I wish I could have one of these for lunch today! I love a great Panini and the Artichoke and Prosciutto with the Chicken on this one is making me drool!

Maggy says:

This looks so delicious! Such great flavors – love pannins!

Prosciutto and artichoke make a fabulous taste treat. This sandwich would be a very welcome lunch or dinner at my house.

[...] Jenny and I are on the same wave length when it comes to sandwiches as she created a Chicken Artichoke Panini with Prosciutto and Swiss [...]

That is very interesting, You are a very professional blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to searching for extra of your great post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks