Mar
2008

A Little Good Competition…

Tags: ,

Dinner

For anyone who saw the competition last night, knows my mac didn’t take home the big prize, but I must say, this is by far my favorite mac and cheese recipe. Nothing fancy, just flat out delicious, and hey, it made it on Food Network! My family loves this!

It was fun to see my husband and son in the front row cheering me on, priceless actually. It really was a great time in LA, meeting all of the other finalists and participating in the competition. It was very game show like and brutal watching those judges! I love the dramatic “Ahhhh” when the lights go out on our kitchens, too funny.

I must say, that Brett’s French Onion Soup Mac Recipe is right up my alley, I really thought he would have won the show, his recipe was beautiful. I hope to try it soon.

Season 2 is now accepting recipes. Do you have a great recipe you think has a shot at the big bucks? Check it out HERE. Intense and fun all at the same time. Go for it!

Pepita Crusted Southwest Chicken Mac and Cheese

Click HERE to see the other Finalists and their recipes from the “Comfort Foods” Show.

Click Here for my Recipe on Food Network’s Website, Enjoy!

Comments

RecipeGirl says:

Shoot- I was watching the burger competition but didn’t see comfort food! Hey, you deserve huge kudos for making it to the finals!! I’m going to have to get into the contests… haven’t jumped in yet!

Patsyk says:

Wow! I didn’t even realize it was you when I was watching! I am fascinated by how everyone looks so calm while an audience watches you cook. It is really awesome that you had a recipe that made the top 3 and got picked to make it for the show. I’ll have to give your recipe a try since I am searching for the “right” mac & cheese for my family rather than the one out of the box.

Playful Professional says:

Sad I forgot to watch the show, but congrats on making it. I’m gonna try and convince my husband to send in a recipe. Some of his deals are amazing and very original.

Jen says:

Is there a video link to your show? I’d love to see it!

Christine says:

Congrats on being on the show! Your recipe looks so yummy! I have the episode on my DVR but haven’t watched it yet.

I’ve never posted here before, but I added you to my Google Reader awhile back and never realized till today that we live in the same area. I’m in Mesa. :)

Richard & Amy says:

Stayed up late to watch the show … I was so sad that you didn’t make it, I was rooting for you (though it was nice to go to bed right after the mac and cheese segment, instead of staying up till 11 for the whole show!) Your recipe was more along my tastes than the others. The recipe with the beers was just weird. It’s still great you made it that far in the competition. I can’t wait to try your recipe!!

Colin's Mom says:

I knew that was you! I have been reading your blog for a while now and have it listed as one of my favorites. I recognized you from your picture on your blog. I felt like I knew you, even though I don’t. I thought your dish looked fabulous – they all did. I only got to watch your round and a little of the second one. I’m sure it was so fun and exciting. Keep up the good work. I really enjoy reading your blog.
    Danielle

Cara says:

Congrats on being on the show! My husband and I watched last night. Your recipe looks yummy and I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Shelley & Scott says:

I’ve been watching the show since it started waiting to see which one you’d be on. I was so excited when I saw the show last night. My hubby watched it with me and said we’ve got to try your recipe. My kids will be so excited to get their two favorite things in one dish – chicken and mac & cheese.

I’ve got to admit though that the onion soup one was also a favorite for us and we thought if you couldn’t win then he at least should. Thanks for posting his link as well.

Recipe Girl,
    You’ve got to give it a try, it really is exciting. Good luck!

Patsyk,
    Thanks and I bet your family would enjoy this, my boys love it.

Playful Professional,
    Tell your husband to give it a try, nothing to lose!

Hi Jen,
    I don’t know of a link to watch the show, just the recipes.

Hi Christine,
    Thanks, hope you enjoy the show! I’ve got to finish watching the last 2 groups tonight.

Thanks Richard and Amy,
    I’ve learned that you win some and lose a bit more. You learn to just roll it off your shoulder and move onto the next one! It really was fun though.

Thanks Danielle! All the recipes really looked great.

Hope you enjoy it Cara!

Hi Shelley,
    I’ve been following all the shows as well. It’s more fun to watch when you know the finalists. I’ve been rooting all of my friends on. I agree, the French onion mac looked great, I only got to taste a bite and it was heavenly!

Jen says:

Ok, I looked it up and it will be shown again three different times on Wed March 5. Cool!

erik&sammy says:

I watched it and I was cheering for you! you don’t know me but I’m a big fan!

Melanie C. says:

I watched the show last night! I knew you were on –the author of one of my favorite blogs–so I was looking forward to it all weekend! My boys watched it with me–we were cheering you on—we were very sad that you didn’t win–your recipe was the most appealing to us! Anyway–you looked very cute and CONGRATS for getting that far–that is amazing!

Jen,
    I didn’t know it came on again, thanks for checking that!

Eric and Sammy,
    You are so sweet, thanks for rooting for me, at least I had fun!

Melanie,
    Thanks so much for your kind comment. I’ve definately learned that you can’t expect to win, so I just go with the attitude of just have a good time!

Catherine Wilkinson says:

Jenny,
    You are sweet and humble, but I am not…you SHOULD HAVE WON AND YOU WERE ROBBED! I mean, I like the looks of that guy’s soup/mac&cheese, but I see an adorable son like yours? No. So, there, you have the advantage.
    Ok, I’m just kidding, it was a tough choice for the judges in all categories. The winner of the show really had a beautiful sandwich. Very creative.
    It was fun to do, and I hope we get to do it again!

Emiline says:

I have to make this quick…Congrats! You should be so proud! You did a great job.

Anonymous says:

Jenny:
    I’m so glad I got to watch last night. You were adorable as always and your mac looked utterly scrumptious. Congrats on getting there and good luck with next years! Erin Mylroie

Teddi says:

This is my first comment – coming out of the lurking shadows. I DVR’d the show and watched it this morning. Yours is the only recipe I think I will actually make and enjoy! The Black and Tan – yikes! and while the french onion probably was tasty – too much richnesss for me! You looked adorable and loved seeing your family rooting you on! I’ll continue visiting here for more yummy recipes! Kudos to you for making it to the show! (I’m a fellow Arizonan who moved to UT a year and a half ago!)

Deborah says:

I watched, and your dish looked fantastic!! I bet the whole thing was exciting, although you seem to be an expert at these cooking competitions! I really am excited to give this recipe a try!

Jaime says:

hey jenny! i tuned in last night to see you – it was so fun to watch since i “knew” someone that was competing! your recipe looks great i can’t wait to try it. i want to try the french onion soup mac too :)

Birdie says:

I thought you were great on the show. Personally I thought your mac and cheese the best! I made it to the semi finals for the sandwich round and I’m still trying to figure out why they didn’t pick me. Oh well maybe next time!

Bonnie says:

You looked like you were having so much fun – and isn’t that what it’s all about – and if you win – the prize is nice too, right? The Mac & Cheese is delicious. Hope we get to see you on more shows. Thanks for sharing your recipes through your blog. I’m the Bonnie that doesn’t have a blog.

Proud Italian Cook says:

You did a great job Jenny, so composed! I would have been freaking out! I told my Hubby, “thats Jenny, my blogging buddy” You should be real proud, not many of us can say we were on Food Network! and btw, your dish looked like a winner to me!

Barbara Bakes says:

I am new to the tomatoes with chilis you’ve used in this recipe and your Chicken Taco Cornbread recipe. I loved them in the Cornbread recipe. I’m definitely going to have to try this recipe.

amanda. says:

I’m finally getting to see the show! Your mac & cheese looks scrumptious! Congratulations for making it on the show and maybe I’m biased since I read your blog, but I think you should’ve won. :)

PheMom says:

Yea! I’m watchting the rebroadcast right now. I didn’t realize this was you until I was going through the DB posts today (last month was my first challenge). Your recipe was my fave by far. I think this is on one more time in the middle of the night. I am recording it on my DVR, now if I could only figure out a way to save it for you! It does look like it will be on two more times this weekend though. Congrats on getting on there. I know I will be trying your recipe!

PORTER FAMILY says:

is the right side of your recipe cut off or is it just me? i was reading through the recipe and some of it just didnt make sense because a word or two seems to be missing from each line. help!

Hi Porter Family,

Thanks for catching that. Really wierd. I can’t even edit it.

Right under the recipe title I linked where you can get the recipe off of Food Network’s website. Let me know if you can’t get it, I can always email it to you.

Thanks for catching that!

Cate says:

I *knew* I recognized your name from somewhere. Sorry you didn’t win, but sounds like you had a blast nonetheless. :)

Deb says:

I saw part of that show, your recipe looked delicious! I really enjoy reading your blog.

nicole says:

Well I made this and posted it on my food blog. http://www.testkitchenrecipes.blogspot.com
    This was different from the regular mac and cheese and I love the chicken filler. I could totally eat that without the mac. It makes so much and I have been eating it for leftovers everyday. Thanks for the great recipes.