Mar
2008

Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie Cheesecake Cups

Tags:

Desserts

Got any girl scout cookies Left? As usual, we bought our fair share this year. This time, from my adorable niece Courtney. I was excited to get my boxes in because I knew I wanted to bake with them.

First up, was these cute little cheesecake cups that I created yesterday. It started out somewhat disasterous as my 5 year old came rushing into my room telling me “Mom, you’ve got to see what happened!” I ran into the living room to find my 2 year old with an entire cupcake tin that I had filled with cookie crust, dumped onto the carpet while he was eating it off the floor. Argggh! Good thing I had extra cookies on hand.

I love the mild mint flavor of the cookies with the cream cheese. My kids gobbled these up, I’ll definitely make these again. The nice thing is, you can use the Mint Oreos if you don’t have any girl scout cookies. They would work as well.

We’re off to the zoo today. Have a great day everyone!

No, it’s not Feta cheese crumbled on top, it’s chopped white chocolate chips that could pass for Feta!

Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie Cheesecake Cups
13 Thin Mint Cookies, ground in food processor or blender (you can also use the mint Oreos)
2 Tablespoons melted butter
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 Tablespoons buttermilk
5 Thin mint cookies coarsely crumbled

1/4 Cup chocolate chips
2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream
3-5 Thin mint cookies, crumbled (for top of cups)

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine ground cookies and butter in a medium bowl. Drop about 1 Tablespoon of cookie mixture into 24 mini cupcake tins that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (If you have mini cupcake paper wrappers I’d use them, it was difficult to remove my cheesecake cups from the tin itself). Press crust into cups with back of a spoon.

2. In an electric or stand mixer cream the cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Add egg and buttermilk until well combined as well. Stir in crumbled cookies. Pour cheesecake mixture into cupcake tins filled almost to the very top. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and cool for 15 minutes. Melt chocolate chips in microwave until melted and smooth. Stir in heavy cream until smooth and shiny. Spoon about 1 Tablespoon over each cheesecake cup and sprinkle with additional crumbled cookies.

24 mini cheesecake cups

Comments

Melanie says:

Wow! Wow! These look so yummy – and I am a HUGE fan of the Thin Mint cookies. Have you tried the Dreyer’s Thin Mint ice cream? Oh…divine.

Sarah says:

As soon as Lent is over and I can eat chocolate again, I am breaking into my boxes of Thin Mints…this recipe sounds like a great way to enjoy them!

Karen says:

Oh my goodness! What a site, your 2 year old eating out of the pan! Funny. Those look great.

Patsyk says:

Oh wow those look good! It may be a good thing I don’t have any Girl Scout cookies left because I would just HAVE to make these this weekend… and probably finish them off within a day! You come up with some of the best recipes! You certainly are inspiring me to be more creative in the kitchen.

Deborah says:

I made mini mint cheesecakes with Thin Mints last year!! This makes me really want some more!

Proud Italian Cook says:

I wish I was your neighbor! Boy, those sure look good!

Ryley says:

Holy Cow!!

These look amazing and I don’t even like cheesecake! These look like a great Easter Desert. I might just try it..

As always. .you never disapoint! :)

Holly O. says:

I would follow you blindly even if you said it was feta cheese on top!

RecipeGirl says:

I’m so mad at my husband. He ate the last box of thin mints when I had TOLD him that I wanted to save them for dessert making recipes!! I might be able to still pick up a box outside the grocery store where they are selling them.

Your dessert looks great!

Frantic Home Cook says:

Are you KIDDING me!? Now I’m going to have to scour the Girl Scout booths to find more Thin Mints to make this drool-worthy dessert. Oh, thanks EVER so much (snark.)

careymc says:

Man, these look amazing! Thank you!!! I just polished off my last Thin Mint, but this recipe gives me an excuse to go buy more!

Thanks Melanie,
    I haven’t tried the Dreyer’s Thin Mint ice cream. Sounds terrific!

Hi Sara,
    These would be a great way to endulge in some chocolate!

Hi Karen,
    Yes, it was a funny, awful site!

Hi Patsyk,
    Thanks for your kind comments!

I just love these cookies in cheesecake, really good!

Thanks Ryley!

Thanks Holly! Too funny!

Recipegirl,
    Sounds like something my family would do!

Frantic Home Cook,
    Good luck finding more boxed. I wonder if they sell them online during the year?

I must have just missed your post careymc! Thanks, I know both my boxes are gone now, I want to go find a few more! Good luck!

Steph says:

Wow Jenny, those look amazing! It made my mouth water just looking at the photo’s!

Kim A says:

PLEASE save me one…they look unbelievable!

Catherine Wilkinson says:

I just love the girl scouts! I get so excited when I see their table set up in front of the grocery store! I love little girl capitalists! These are such a great idea, Jenny…even if the kids couldn’t wait! If only I could keep my eldest child (husband) out of the thin mints!

Anne says:

Those look amazing! What a great flavor combination.

First off, I’d just like to clear one thing up. I got an anonymous comment yesterday from someone gently accusing me of copying this recipe. Most of my recipes I put together as I go including this one. I know there are a zillion thin mint cheesecake recipes out there, but If anyone can find this exact recipe somewhere please let me know, I’d love to meet the person that thinks/writes recipes exactly like me.

I’ve been writing recipes for 4 years now and have no desire to steal recipes. Anytime I use someone’s recipe here I ALWAYS give the name and place of where I got it.

Since I just met the CEO of Southern Living Magazine last Ocotber and had dinner with him and his wife, it would be pretty stupid of me to claim one of his magazine’s recipes for my own. Hope this is clear.

Ok I’m done with that!

Thanks Steph!

Sorry Kimmy, these have been long gone! We’ll make them again soon though.

Catherine,
    I love those girl scouts too. 2 of them hit up a toys R Us over the weekend. Now that’s a good spot to hit up parents!

Thanks Anne!

Emiline says:

These are so cute! I LOVE thin mints. Seriously, I go crazy over them.
    I can’t believe your kid dumped the pan everywhere. Kind of funny, but I’m sure it was a mess.
    Have fun at the zoo. I haven’t been to a zoo in years.

Birdie says:

How do you ever have enough Thin Mints to cook with? I always eat them too quick!

Birdie says:

Not sure if my last post went through. (Darn computers!) How do you ever have enough Thin Mints to cook with? I always eat mine all up!

Tarah says:

Oh yum! I have left over girl scout cookies. This would be perfect!!

Tracy says:

Another wonderful Jenny creation — they look great!

And about the copying business, there are only so many flavor/ingredient combinations in this world. Unless you’re doing molecular gastronomy, chances are that something you make is somewhat like another recipe in existence. Your response was right on.

Kevin says:

Mint, cream cheese and chocolate…mmm…

The Black Hole says:

Um, seriously… how de-e-e-lish do these look! My mouth is totally salivating. mmmmmmmmmm……

Anonymous says:

hi! these look delicious and i can’t wait to make them! i have a couple of questions though :)
    if i only have regular sized muffin tins, should i adjust the time of baking? and about how many do you think it would make?

or, do you think they are too rich for a full muffin size and i should just break down and buy a mini muffin tin? (good excuse to do so, right?)

thanks for your help!

Anonymous says:

or on second thought, are they just “mini cheesecakes” because it isn’t a full sized cake?

okay, thanks!
    (can you tell i’m slightly new to baking? :) )

Hi Emiline,
    Yah, my little guy is known for being awfully sneaky. It’s certainly not the first time he’s done something like this! Little stinker!

Hi Birdie,
    I had to buy another box to make these. Once you open a box, forget about it!

Hi Tarah,
    Perfect way to use them up!

Thanks Tracy.

Thanks Kevin and Black hole

Hi Anonymous,
    If you really want to use a regular size muffin pan, that’s fine, I’d say just watch it carefully after about 35 minutes. It would most likely make 12 regular muffin size cheesecake cups. You’d also have to double the chocolate ganache topping. Email me if you have any more questions!!

CamillaCooks says:

Jenny, these look absolutely amazing–YUM!!!! I wish I could dive right into the pictures (mouth open!) I’m gign to have to try them–we have an overload of GS cookies, too (oh, no! ;))

Josh and Katy says:

You are an amazing cook! This looks delicious- thank you so much for sharing!

Jaime says:

yum! what a great idea! i love girl scout cookies :)

scoopalicious says:

these look YUM-MY!

Amanda says:

I made these tonight and everyone loved them!! I went and bought thin mints just so I could make these… forget about extras… those don’t exist at my house

Ali says:

oh my Lord, Jenny! These look amazing!!

You already know thus considerably in the case of this matter, made me for my part believe it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested unless it is something to do with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs excellent. At all times maintain it up!

buy traffic says:

Wow, wonderful weblog structure! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is fantastic, as neatly as the content material!

MADJAH says:

It’s the best time to make a few plans for the longer term and it’s time to be happy. I have learn this put up and if I could I desire to suggest you few attention-grabbing things or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things approximately it!

Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to say that I acquire actually loved account your weblog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing in your augment and even I fulfillment you get right of entry to persistently rapidly.

Wonderful post, very informative. I’m wondering why the other specialists of this sector do not understand this. You must proceed your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!|What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & assist other users like its helped me. Good job.

I’m really impressed together with your writing skills and also with the format to your weblog. Is this a paid topic or did you modify it yourself? Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it?s rare to look a nice weblog like this one these days..

naturally like your web-site but you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very troublesome to tell the reality then again I’ll definitely come back again.

[…] 11.) Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie Cheesecake Cups […]

[…] Thin Mint Cheesecake  //  Picky Palate […]

[…] Mint Cake Pops | Double Mint Creamy Dip | Thin Mint Cupcakes Chocolate Thin Mint Ice Cream | Thin Mint Cookie Cheescake | Thin Mint Fudge Brownies | Thin Mint Gooey Cake Bars Thin Mint Hot Chocolate | White […]