Apr
2008

The Million Dollar Cookie!

Tags:

Cookies

What do you think of the new look here? Huge thanks to Leelou’s Blog for helping me with the fun new design. She was so wonderful to work with, if you are ever in need of a blog make-over she’s great!

Last Tuesday morning The Pillsbury Bake-off announced the new Million Dollar Winning Recipe and it was these Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies from Carolyn Gurtz of MD. The Pillsbury Bake-Off will always be near and dear to me since this is where I first started my cooking contesting hobby. I was lucky enough to be a finalist in 2004 and 2006, no luck in 2008, but I knew I HAD to make the latest Million Dollar winning Recipe! My cooking friend Tracy from Rah Cha Chow was a finalist this year, check out her blog for some cool pics at the Bake-off.

It’s funny, just as I had these cookies in the oven, I noticed there are lots of bloggers featuring these cookies. These cookies have certainly caused quite the controversy over using pre-made cookie dough. I must first say, my first response when I heard about the winning recipe was, “A Peanut Butter Cookie?!!”

I will admit, after I made them tonight and took a bite, I was pleasantly surprised. They really are tasty, however I will probably make a homemade version next time, which many other bloggers have done. I had to make the original first to get the true test! I give these a big thumbs up. It’s kind of nice to know that even a simple recipe can win you a million bucks. Get those ideas ready for 2010!

Here’s the yummy peanut butter center when cut open. Really good.

Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
(click recipe
title for link and recipe)

*The only thing I changed in the original recipe was, I didn’t cut the cookie dough slices in half, I used 12 slices to make jumbo cookies rather than 24 smaller cookies.*

Comments

Kim A says:

Love the new facelift to your blog! Looks so professional you little business woman!

Oh Kimmy,
    I’m up way past my bedtime! How was shopping tonight? You are totally the business woman, not me!

Frantic Home Cook says:

Love your new look. Good luck!

Barbara Bakes says:

I’m glad you brought the kitchen picture back! I’m going to have to try the million dollar cookie recipe.

Lisa says:

Your new blog look is great! I am a fellow CCC member that has just started a blog and loves looking at all the blogs to get ideas. I am making the cookie today. Hope mine look as good as yours.

Thanks Frantic Home Cook!

Me too Barbara, I’ve missed it! I think you’ll enjoy this cookie more than you think. I was pleasantly surprised.

Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for your comment, it’s always nice to hear from a fellow ccc’er. Best of luck with your new blog, I’d love to know your blog site. Thanks! Hope your cookies turn out, we enjoyed them.

dobetter says:

Great fun new look! And the cookies look great.

Nikki says:

Thank you for replying. Also, Love the look of the blog. We all need make over’s at some point haha. Great Job.

Zen Chef says:

So this is the famous recipe! How come i couldn’t come up with it? I would be a million bucks richer right now. haha. Oh well, i’ll just keep working then. They look delicious by the way.

giz says:

I must be having trouble – can’t see the photos – the title alone is enough to make me want to try these.

Kevin says:

Nice new look! Those peanut butter stuffed peanut butter cookies look amazing!!

Heather says:

Love the new look! Those PB cookies look so yummy with a creamy center, will have to try when I am not “eating better”.

Leigh Anne says:

Love the new look – I love the font she used. I just had my blog redone too and I love just going in and looking at it!
    Can’t wait to try the cookie recipe.

Emiline says:

Wow! I was so surprised to see your new blog design. It looks great!
    The cookies look great, too.

Lori says:

I love the look especially the font you used. Looks great. Very professional.

Thanks Dobetter!

No problem Nikki, I get bored of looking at the same blog for too long. I think I’ll stick with this one though.

Zen, tell me about it, how nice would a big fat million be right now!

Hi Giz,
    Hope the pictures come back for you soon.

Thanks Kevin, if you try these make sure you eat them the day they are baked. They were not so good today.

Thanks Heather. You dieting? I can never stick to it, oh well, I always bake too much to diet.

Hi Leigh Anne,
    It is fun getting a make-over isn’t it?

Thanks Emiline, I get bored so easy!

Thanks Lori, I take NO credit for it! It was all Leelou’s blog design, she was so patient with all of my requests.

Tracy says:

I love the new look. I have wanted a three-column layout for ages but I can’t figure out how to do one, and there’s no three-column template on blogger.

I liked the winning cookie, too, and I’ll bet it’s even better doing great big cookies the way you did!

Glad you liked the photos! Thanks for mentioning them!

Lina says:

I love your blog! its wonderful. I wish I had that kitchen in your banner too…

Thanks Tracy,
    I finally has someone else step in and help with my blog, I couldn’t figure out how to customize it how I liked.

I noticed the winning cookie loses it’s appeal after the first day like you mentioned. Definitely need to eat these over the first few hours.

Thanks Lina,
    I know wouldn’t it be nice to have a huge kitchen like that. That kitchen’s about the size of my whole house!

DM says:

Love the idea of making the jumbo cookies. I am planning to make these this week and was going to experiment with some variations. I’ll definitely try your method as I love jumbo cookies.

PheMom says:

I really like the new look. Very nice. The cookies look pretty good too!

Stephanie says:

These look so good! My hubby’s been begging for peanut butter cookies. I think I just found the perfect recipe! Thanks!!

Kristen says:

Jenny –
    Those look so delicious! I’m so hungry now!

RecipeGirl says:

The blog looks great! I’m in the middle of a “remodel” myself :)

I had a feeling you might make these cookies. I guess I’ll have to give them a shot sometime soon. They do look good. Wish I had that million, but there’s always next year!

momof3crazykids says:

Your blog looks great! I’m going to have to try those cookies. I’ll get right on it!

HoneyB says:

Oh wow, those cookies look totally awesome!

Your blog looks great! Love the look!

Deborah says:

I think it’s kind of funny that there is so much controversy, especially that people are mad because it uses pre-made products. That’s the whole point of the Bake-off!! That being said, I agree with you and would probably make the dough from scratch because I don’t like the premade dough very much. Your cookies look just wonderful!

Veronica says:

Jenny, I love your blog-the layout is so nice. I just started one and I think I might contact Leelou…she did such a nice job on yours. I tried the cookies too, my family loved them.

Angela says:

LOVE the new design!!

Tarah says:

I meant to tell you that I really like the new look to your blog; And I’m drooling over these cookies as well!

Karen says:

I have to admit that I’m intrigued by the simplicity and the fun surprise of these cookies.
    I’m having fun looking at all the versions being blogged about.

Jaime says:

i can’t believe the winning recipe was something so simple.

love the new look of your blog :)