Apr
2008

White Chocolate and Cinnamon Chip Island Style Banana Bread Mini Loaves

Tags: , ,

Mouth watering? These little banana bread loaves are such a treat! Sorry for the ridiculously long title, I’m known for having mile long titles for my recipes. This is my entry for The Banana Bread Bake-off with Not Quite Nigella. There’s still time to get your entry in, check it out. I’m always up for a good bake-off!

Also, do check out Phemomenon’s blog for her very sweet”Blogging for Babies” Little Wonders Event round up!

I was brainstorming as to what kind of banana bread I wanted to make and I started thinking of some of my favorite ingredients right now. Cinnamon chips, white chocolate and coconut. These little loaves were the perfect combo of my favorites right now and are so tasty. I highly recommend trying them when you see you need to use up those bananas! Who can resist that sweet drizzle? Not me!

Don’t those cinnamon chips look yummy inside?!

This is how I prefer it, more drizzle please! Enjoy everyone!

White Chocolate and Cinnamon Chip Island Style Banana Bread Mini Loaves

1 1/2 Sticks softened butter
1 Cups sugar
2 eggs plus ½ egg beaten
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ small box vanilla pudding mix (4 serving size)
1 Cups flour
4 ripe bananas
1 Cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 Cup white chocolate chips
1 Cup cinnamon chips

¼ Cup butter, melter
½ Cup powdered sugar
2-4 Tablespoons hot water
1 Cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted in oven (350 degrees) until browned.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs until smooth. Add cinnamon, baking soda, salt, pudding mix and flour until combined. Stir in bananas, coconut, white chocolate and cinnamon chips.

2. Pour batter into 16 mini greased mini pans. Bake 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of each loaf. Let cool.

4. Mix melted butter and powdered sugar until combined, it will look separated. Mix in 2-4 Tablespoons of hot water until desired consistency.

5. Drizzle over each loaf and top with toasted coconut shavings.

Comments

Grace says:

that title is indeed a mouthful! speaking of mouthfuls, i’d love to wrap my lips around a hunk of that bread–it’s got all my favorites! brilliant recipe!

Tarah says:

Mmm, I like how you topped it with icing. Finger lickin good :]

Also like how you used pudding mix. It really makes it better and moist :] I’ll sometimes use it when I make Cinnamon Rolls :]

Love the photos, by the way! :D

Lisa says:

Jenny,
    Wow! That looks good and the loaf looks so cute. I am going to be searching for banana bread recipes this weekend to get an entry in next week. Have a great weekend!

Lauren says:

WOW – this looks amazing. I am totally making this soon. YUM!

Nikki says:

I am going to try this tonight. I will let you know. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes. I am always cooking and baking. Like to try new things.

Thanks Grace,
    Hope you enjoy!

Hi Tarah,
    I noticed you and I were both thinking coconut banana bread. I saw your cute little muffins, they look equally delicious!

Hi Lisa,
    Will be looking forward to seeing your recipe!

Thanks Laureen Hope you enjoy!

Let me know how your bread turns out Nikki! I feel like I am cooking or baking all the time too!

Patsyk says:

That looks incredible! I love the drizzle of icing… yummy!

RecipeGirl says:

I made my banana bread recipe yesterday for this event… haven’t posted about it yet!!

This looks like a wonderful dessert-style banana bread. I LOVE cinnamon chips, but I’ve never thought to add them to BB! Brilliant!

Thanks Patsyk!

Lori,
    I try not even looking at all the food events going on, because I’d never get anything done around my house! However, I’ve always got time for banana bread! And plus I had 4 mean looking black bananas staring at me in my kitchen! Can’t wait to see your bread!

Stephanie says:

Wow, that takes banana bread from comforting to BLING!! Looks great!

Melanie says:

Now THAT is a deluxe banana bread and not for the faint of heart, it sounds like. Delicious!

Deborah says:

I’ve been on a coconut kick lately, so these really have my mouth watering!

Kameron says:

Yum yum! Question for you: where did you get those adorable blue bee plates? My sister-in-law does the bee thing (our last name is Bybee, after all), and I’d love to get her some…

Thanks Stephanie,
    They do look kind of fancy don’t they!

Hi Melanie,
    Definitely need to be a sweet tooth to enjoy these little breads!

Me too Deborah, I love coconut.

Hi Kameron,
    I get a lot of my little random dishes at thrift stores. I got the little blue plate at DI in Mesa. It was probably a few weeks ago. They had more, maybe they’d still have some. They were a whole 25 cents. Isn’t that fun!? Good luck, hope you find some.

Helene says:

Yummy! I make banana bread every week.

dobetter says:

Jenny, that looks AMAZING!

My Sweet & Saucy says:

This banana bread looks so good! What a fun twist you put on it! Love your blog by the way!

Hi Helene,
    One of my favorite things about making banana bread is how wonderful the house smells when it’s in the oven. Yum!

Thanks dobetter!

Thanks for your nice comment sweet and saucy!

Andrea says:

Jenny
    Sorry about the picture usage…I originally posted the recipe and picture on my home blog and I explained that it came from your blog. It won’t happen again –
    Thanks
    Andrea

Jaime says:

wow what a great recipe! mouth watering!

Lina says:

lovin the drizzle! fo sizzle!

Kevin says:

That banana bread looks so good! I really like the idea of using white chocolate and cinnamon chips in banana bread!

Zen Chef says:

Okay, I declare you the winner!! You’ll be receiving a million bucks anyday now. :-)
    What a combination! It looks delicious.

Emiline says:

These look so decadent. Really beautiful pics, too.

I googled “Starbucks coffee cake recipe” today, and guess who’s blog came up?!
    I forgot that you made that.
    I made coffee cake muffins, but I totally screwed them up. Oh well.

Leah says:

Jenny, you just amaze me with these recipes you come up with. I feel like I’m pretty good at following directions, but I’m no good at winging it! I’m in total awe! ;-)

Kandi says:

You are talkin’ my language hear! Yum!

Erika says:

Looks great, where do you find cinnamon chips?

jj says:

Do these ever sound heavenly!!!!!

Pattie says:

I made these little loaves yesterday and they tasted great. I will definitely be keeping this recipe. The only thing is my glaze looked nothing like yours…..not white. The taste was very good though.

Glad I found your blog site.

Megan says:

Jenny,
    I love your blog. I stumbled across it a few months ago. I am wondering where you buy your cinnamon chips. I have looked and looked here in WA with no luck. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Anonymous says:

The best banana bread i have ever had!!! Sooooo good!!!!!
    I did not make the glaze but it was still the most moist bread and i will make it again and again.

Thank you for everyone’s nice comments! Megan, I had a hard time finding them myself, but finally the SuperTarget by myself started carrying them. If you have a Super Target close by that’s where I’d check first. Good luck!