Jul
2008

Summer Snackin’ Made Easy

Tags: ,

Well, I finally managed to snap some pics of my 60 second lunch that never seems to last more than 2 minutes on the table. My boys and I love having these pizza roll-ups for lunch or even a midday snack when we are on the go. Who can beat lunch in 60 seconds? Cheesy, saucy and not that bad for you either. Check em’ out and grab one next time you are impatient for lunch, you’ll be glad you did!

Pizza Roll Ups

Guerrero Whole Wheat Tortillas (they are the best around, I find them at Walmart)
Handful of Tillamook shredded mozzarella cheese
5-6 turkey pepperoni’s per tortilla
2-3 Tablespoons of Ragu Pizza sauce per tortilla

1. Place tortilla on microwave safe plate. Sprinkle tortilla with cheese, layer with pepperoni’s and drizzle with pizza sauce. Microwave for 30-60 seconds in microwave until cheese is melted. Roll up and dip in additional pizza sauce if desired.

________________________

Graham Cracker Bruschetta

These little graham cracker bruschetta snacks are fun, quick and the kids love them! They are colorful, creamy and you usually have everything in the pantry and fridge to whip them up anytime. Once the sweet cream cheese is combined, you can top these with just about anything and they taste great. Totally kid friendly, they’ll love creating their own little crackers! Enjoy.

Nutty Raspberries and Cream

graham crackers cut in half
4 oz softened cream cheese
2 Tablespoons sugar
fresh raspberries
crushed walnuts

1. Place graham crackers onto a serving plate. Combine cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until combined. Spread onto graham crackers and top with fruit and nuts.

Peanut Butter, Banana’s And Cream

graham crackers cut in half
4 oz softened cream cheese
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
sliced bananas
honey
crushed walnuts

1. Place graham crackers onto a serving plate. Combine cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter in a bowl until combined. Spread onto graham crackers and top with bananas, drizzle with honey and top with crushed walnuts.

Cookies And Cream
graham crackers cut in half
4 oz softened cream cheese
2 Tablespoons sugar
Oreo cookies

1. Mix broken pieces of Oreo cookies in cream cheese mixture and spread over graham crackers. Enjoy!

Have a Great Week!

Comments

Nash says:

I just remembered that I had asked you a question last week and forgot to check your response. I’m glad you still have time to respond to ALL your fans.
    I didn’t realize I said my husband worked for pixar, it’s his good friend. Sorry! My husband’s job isn’t that cool.
    I did go to that market and it was perfect.
    I made shortcake, and a cake from stephanie’skitchen.
    It was like the better than sex cake, everyone loved it.
    How are you surviving the heat? I was outside working and couldn’t take it. I don’t know how you bake in this weather.
    Love your blog, I don’t know how you do it.

Sharon says:

These all sound like great snacks! I especially like the graham cracker ‘bruschetta.’ Such a cute idea.

Clumbsy Cookie says:

I’m so sure I would love those roll-ups! I have never seen turkey pepperoni, you got me curious now! And those cute bruschetti, your kids are so lucky to have a mom that planes fun treats for them!

Shumway Family says:

This is perfect for dinner tonight – it’s me and the kids again and I’m still on a holiday from cooking and entertaining family for the past two weeks. We have all the ingredients for both the pizza roll-ups and the yummy bruchetta snacks.

Thanks for always posting such fun and yummy recipes!

My kids really love grilled pizza as well. It’s so easy to put together pizza dough and have them create their own pizzas – it tastes so much better on the grill and my kids eat twice as much that way – plus I think it’s healthier b/c I can have them ‘try’ new things. We always have the fixings around for a quick, easy dinner – I like the more adult version – pine nuts, basil, caramelized onion, fresh tomato and mozzarella, etc…

Lisa says:

What fun recipes! They all look delicious and I know my kids would like them.

Amanda says:

I forgot all about pizza roll-ups! I used to eat them all the time when I was in college. Thanks for the reminder!

Katie says:

What a great idea! All of your photos look wonderful.

I love your blog!

Steph says:

How fun Jenny! I’m always looking for fast and healthy snacks and lunches for my kids. I think they will love these! Thanks!

bunny says:

the pizza roll ups is a great idea for the kids this summer, thanks!!

Patsyk says:

I totally have to make both of those recipes! So simple and yet they both look completely yummy!

Kimberly says:

Oooh! Yummy! I think I will be fixing meals like this more often b/c I am “on the go” a lot! :) Great ideas!

Kristen says:

Those look like fantastic snacks! Mmmmm! Such a great idea.

Sara says:

Love the pizza roll-ups. My boys will love them. What a fun idea with the graham cracker bruschetta. You are so creative. Thanks for the ideas.

Emiline says:

Yum. Everything sounds great! The raspberry walnut bruschetta sounds really good.

EAT! says:

the bruschetta look like a great treat. your photos are mouth watering.

Bennance says:

These are so wonderfully family-friendly! Thanks for your blog. I love all your recipes, and check here whenever I need inspiration for what to cook for my kids.

HoneyB says:

You have just some of the most impressive ideas! I love your graham cracker bruschetta! I also love the pizza wrap idea…something great to have for lunch today!

Donna says:

What a great snack idea! And so simple. I love simple, easy AND tasty.
    Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie says:

I love the pizza roll-up idea! I’m going to have to try that – we love quick lunch ideas here!

Lynne says:

What a great quick lunch. My picky two and three year olds LOVED them! Can’t wait to try the ‘bruchetta’ with them. Thanks for the fun ideas!

www.adorn-jewelry.blogspot.com says:

you make the simplest things look so fantastic!

I am having a giveaway on my blog! come check it out!

Amy says:

Oh man these look good! Thanks for sharing. I can’t wait to make them for my son.

Sadie says:

Thanks, can’t wait to try these with my kids!

Leslie says:

Oh I sooo need to try those pizza pitas on my kids! I am struggling with their food selections right now..or should I say LACK of food selections!!LOL

Rachel says:

These look so yummy and easy. I’m excited to try them out. I think my kids will love making their own. I love that you put oreo cookies on one, what kid would pass that up? I love you recipes.

Deborah says:

What great snacks! I have a tortilla with cheese quite often, but I love the idea of adding pepperoni and sauce!

browngirlspeak says:

This dessert is my favorite pregnancy craving right now. I Love anything with peanut butter and bananas :) I can’t wait to try the popcorn brownies…your desserts are wonderful! Great blog! I have sent your link out to all my friends and co-workers! Keep blogging!

Thanks for everyone’s comments, I always enjoy reading what my friends have to say!

browngirlspeak,
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and passing it on to your family and co-workers. Best of luck with your pregnancy! I’ll keep on bloggin!

My Sweet & Saucy says:

What fun recipes! Perfect for when I have my sister’s kids!

Noor says:

Those roll ups look amazing and with that turkey I am sure loving it. I wish I had one now :)…

Sara says:

We tried the pizza snacks, and loved them. They remind me of a homemade pizza pocket. I want to try them with a ham & cheese filling. Thanks for the great idea!

Jaime says:

wow! it all looks so great. i love that everything on your blog is so quick and easy for those of us who lead very busy lives!

Shannon says:

Wow! What a great idea! I’m going to do this one day this week. Thanks :)

Lore says:

Both pizza rolls and fruity bruschettas look great for kids and not only kids :D…please pardon the drool :)

Sara says:

those graham cracker bruschetta are such a cute idea!!