Sep
2008

Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cookies

Tags:

Cookies

Hey everyone. It’s hard to believe tonight is already here. I leave for NY tomorrow morning. I’ve been dying to go to NY for years and I finally get my chance. I’ll be sure to post pictures of some adventures my sister and I get into. There is a huge storm brewing up here, so I’m going to make this snappy before my internet goes out.

Since I’m off to have some fun this weekend, I thought it would be fitting to post something that has fun written all over them. These cookie cups will not disappoint. They are so EASY and done in no time at all. The peanut butter cookie dough consists of a whopping 3 ingredients. Do try them and let the kids help, it’s a breeze of a recipe! Does it get any better than Reeses Peanut Butter Cups tucked inside warm peanut butter cookie dough? I think not!

Have a great weekend everyone, I’ll see you next week for some NY pics! I can hardly wait to get my hands on one of those Levain cookies, woo hoo!

Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cookies

1 Cup creamy peanut butter

1 Cup sugar

1 egg

12 mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped

36 mini marshmallows

1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips

2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream

1/4 Cup mini M&M’s

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place peanut butter, sugar and egg into a large bowl and mix until well combined. Scoop dough evenly into a 12 count mini cheesecake pan or mini muffin pan. Cook for 13-15 minutes until almost done. Remove from oven and press a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie until flush with cookie top. Top each cookie with 3 mini marshmallows and return to oven for 2-3 more minutes or until marshmallows are puffed. Remove and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.

2. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted smooth. Stir in 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream until silky and smooth. You can return back to microwave for 15 seconds to get a thinner consistency. Spoon chocolate over top of puffed marshmallows and sprinkle with mini M&M’s.

12 cookie cups

Comments

Tasty Trends says:

my mouth is watering looking at those pictures! i love love love peanut butter! i will definitely have to try this one out!

have a great time in NY!

Lisa says:

My sister made these this weekend and they are incredible! Love your site.:)

Katrina says:

Made these today. They are GREAT! Please spray the muffins tins with cooking spray! I tried some without and some with and they definitely need the spray. Really fun. I switched up a few things, like what is inside and the candy on top. I’ll be trying to get it blogged soon and give you major props for a fun, yummy treat!

Kitchen Flavours says:

Wow looks awesome.

Jaime says:

mmmm those look fabulous! pb cups are great for that pb craving but mini snickers and milky ways are great inside pb cookies too, check these out – http://www.goodeatsblog.com/2007/11/not-your-typical-peanut-butter-cookie.html

Colleen says:

These look delicious! What a cute idea!

Megan Fletcher says:

I’ve made these twice now. EXCELLENT reviews! Everyone loves them! I have one question for you–your recipe says this makes 12 mini muffin size cups, right? I can’t imagine making it into 12…I make 24, the # of wells on my pan. Do I have something wrong? Just wanted to make sure. Love your blog and all the recipes!!!

Whitney R says:

I’m a bit late, obviously since it’s November. But I just had a friend – I think a relative to the Fletcher in the last comment that gave me these. I LOVE THEM. They are so good. I am going to make them over and over and over.

Lindsey Springfield says:

These are rich, but oh so yummy!! You are amazing Jenny! (BTW – I am Tiffany Phelps’ sister in law). I love all of your recipes! -Lindsey

jill says:

I stumbled across your blog site and keep finding myself coming back to check it out-all of your recipes look amazing-especially your desserts!

[...] Source: slightly adapted from Annie’s Eats; cookies adapted from Picky Palate, ganache from Baking: From My Home to [...]

[…] Annie’s Eats, cookies originally adatped from Picky Palate and ganache from Baking: From My Home to Yours, by Dorie […]