Sep
2008

Greetings From New York!

Hi Everyone! What a crazy week here in New York. The last couple days have been really exciting. I promise to talk all about this first trip as soon as I can, and no I’m not a secret agent!!

New York is definitely a whole ‘nother world. My sister and I were cracking up in all of our cab rides, they are ruthless and everyone honks like it’s going out of style. We were sure the driver was going to run something or someone over. Talk about shopping central, why is it so fun to shop on vacation? I am so bummed that we didn’t make it to Levain Bakery, I gotta get one of those cookies, maybe later this week.

As soon as I fly home tonight, I fly out again Wednesday to NYC to do something really exciting with Pillsbury that I will talk about later too. I look forward to getting back to everyday life with my family and blogging later this week, but for now I get to experience more of NYC!

Here are a couple pictures we’ve been snapping of our adventures here.

Friday night we were able to go see Legally Blonde at Palace Theater in Time Square, this Lion King Picture just turned out better. It was a fun show to see despite the the hour long wait for our taxi, having to eat Sbarro’s pizza for dinner, the pouring rain that night AND the zipper on my skirt breaking wide open. I don’t sound bitter do I?

This Toys R Us on Time Square was incredible. My boys would have run a muck here!

My sister is so good to me! She is did my hair and make-up everyday even when it meant waking up at 5am to help me. Thanks sis!!

Loved this cute bakery at Chelsea Market. Great shops and places to eat in the market. It was nothing like I pictured it to be.

Our hotel was walking distance from Canal Street, we had to go get our knock off’s!

A girl can never have too many bags right? My husband is going to kill me when he sees all the crap I bought! We couldn’t leave NY without experiencing the secret vans and hidden rooms full of bags and wallets, could we?! So bizzar.

Loved Time Square

Have a great week! See you all soon!!

Comments

Erin says:

I just saw your post pop up on my google reader. I’m SOO jealous. I ADORE NYC. I went last fall and it was fabulous. If you don’t mind, I’ll make some recommendations!

Crumbs Bakery
    Max Brenner (a chocolate place.. to die for)
    Dos Caminos (Soho, and other various locations. VERY COOL.)
    Highline (Thai fusion in the trendy meatpacking district)

Leslie says:

Live it up girl..live it up!!!!

Patsyk says:

Looks like you are having the time of your life! And, you are heading back again in another couple of days? Wow!

Legally Blonde is such a fun show, I saw it with girlfriends last summer and we loved it!

Can’t wait to hear more about your NYC adventure!

Mary Ann says:

Sorry, that was me, I can’t spell! Anyway, it looks like you are having so much fun. You and your sister are absolutely gorgeous!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

You and your sister look so adorable! Keep having fun and I hope you find the time to visit all places you wanted! Can’t wait to know about the Phislbury thing!

Pam says:

What a fun trip… I gave you an award so check out my blog when you get back.

Rebekah says:

So much fun!!! I love Canal St. for all the knock off, it’s one of my favorite places. Have a great trip!!

carol says:

Jenny, it looks like you and your sister are taking in all the sights and sounds and having a blast! Had to laugh about the cab drivers-kinda sounds like Boston!
    Have even more fun and can’t wait to hear what you’re up to with Pillsbury!!! :)

Kelly says:

Looks like you are having a great time! Can’t wait to hear everything that is going on.

Aggie says:

Oh Jenny what fun! I love NYC!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Deborah says:

How fun! I love NYC so much… I didn’t make it to Canal Street last time I was there and I was bummed about that – especially now that I see all of your loot!

Wow, looks like you are having a great time already! Keep having fun!! Thanks for the update!

Allie says:

What a fun and exciting time! Best of luck with everything you have going on while on your trip. Can’t wait to hear more about it.

nicole says:

I gave you a food blog award. Check it out on my blog.

Have fun in NYC.

Colleen says:

is one of the bags for me? please? no, oh well. so adorable. looks like you had so much fun.

Bridgett says:

Woohoo! I knew you would love NY! Its fabulous and looks like you are living it up. Enjoy.

Lucy says:

Have fun, lots of fun… and can’t wait to hear all about your trip… hey you can even stop on by just a train ride to the burbs ;-)

Katrina says:

Sounds like so much fun! I’m not sure I could handle living in NYC, but I could visit there over and over and over and probably never do or see the same thing twice, although, I’ll probably always make sure to stop in and get me a Levain. You gotta get there. (You may not totally LOVE the cookie, but you have to at least be able to say you’ve had them!)
    Safe travels.

Jaime says:

Sounds like a blast! Love all your purses & other misc. knock offs. What trip wouldn't be complete without those cute little items. LOve the purses!

Stephanie says:

So fun! You and your sister look just beautiful!

alexandra's kitchen says:

looks like a blast. There is no place on earth like New York! Can’t wait to see more pics from the trip.

PaniniKathy says:

Wow, you girls really went out on the town! I had vicarious fun looking at your pics (especially the one with the handbags :-))

Noor says:

I am glad that your having fun. The last time I was in NYC it was cold, I was pregnant and was very sick, it was a nightmare. I was just complaining the entire time and then my gloves feel in a potty, eww :)

HoneyB says:

How awesome you are having so much fun! Did you get hit with high winds on Sunday evening? We had remnants of Ike hit us Sunday evening up north of the city and we are still without power in our little area! Thank goodness for work where I have power and internet! LOL. Have a safe trip home and continue on with the fun!

koopermom says:

I’m drooling over the awesome pic with all the “coach” purses!!!!

Mandy says:

I’ve had such a great time going through all the fabulous recipes you posted while I was gone! I’ve got a bunch to try this week!! I’m glad you’re having a great time in NYC, we can’t wait to hear your Pillsbury news!:)

Lisa says:

I am jealous!What a great picture of you and your sister.

hot garlic says:

Oh! You look like you’re having so much fun! I can’t believe you are back and heading right back -I seriously can’t wait to hear all about it.

You and your sis look NOTHING alike! Both so cute though and I love your cute dresses.

Anne says:

It looks like a great trip! Have fun on your next one, too! :)

My Sweet & Saucy says:

Wow, what a fun trip! I have never been to NY and you are making me want to even more!

Live.Love.Eat says:

You look awesome!! You were working out and losing weight weren’t you?

maris says:

Looks like you had a great time! I love Chelsea market – I actually had lunch there today :o)

Emiline says:

I just got home from New York. It was a fun trip, but not as fun as I wanted it to be. :( Disappointing.

I went to Chinatown too! My mom and I bought purses. This woman led us into a basement with all of these rooms full of handbags. I got a Prada.

Enjoy trip #2 in NYC. I know this sounds weird, but my mom and I were walking around the Times Square area today, before we left for home, and I saw someone that looked like you. And I was like, nahhh. But it may have been! Were you wearing yellow?

Sharon says:

You and your sis are gorgeous! You’re such a great blogger. I’m just returning from vacation and trying to catch up on everything. I can’t imagine having my act together to blog from vacation. Hope you had a wonderful time!!

Theresa says:

Looks like you had a great time in the city. Yes there is a lot of hustle and bustle in the city and no mercy. I won’t even drive into the city and I’m only 45 minutes away. Much rather take the train! Canal Street is great. You and your sister are adorable!

Jaime says:

glad you are enjoying NY! are you in another pillsbury bake off contest? or maybe something even more exciting?! can’t wait to hear all the details…

Crockett Family says:

Where did you get your dress? so so cute.

Kristie

Alli grins says:

How cute and glamourous are you? Congrats on your fun trip to NY! Can’t wait to hear what you’ve been up to. You continue to amaze me!