Sep
2008

Giving Oreos a Major Face Lift

Tags: ,

Cookies

Good Tuesday night! Can you believe October is already here?!!

When I was in NY a couple weeks ago, I was able to briefly meet Lauren Chattman, who is a very talented pastry chef/cookbook author that was also taping some videos for Pillsbury. She was recently on the Today Show demonstrating some recipes from her newest cookbook, Dessert Express. This particular cookie caught my eye where she layered marshmallow cream over a cracker, then covered it with chocolate. I of course put my own crazy spin on it and have found a gold mine! This is 100% a must try and is so much fun!

I made these goodies for my cute Dad or “Teedo” as I call him, who had a birthday last week. Let’s just say they didn’t last very long. Enjoy!!

Peanut Butter, Marshmallow, Chocolate Covered Oreos

12 Oreo Cookies

12 teaspoons peanut butter

12 Tablespoons Marshmallow Cream

½ Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

2 Tablespoons heavy cream

1. Place Oreos onto a wax paper covered baking sheet. Spoon peanut butter evenly over Oreos, spreading gently. With cookie scoop, place marshmallow cream over peanut butter layer. Place entire baking sheet of oreos into freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.

2. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until chips are melted. Stir in heavy cream until shiny and smooth. If not smooth, add a touch more cream until smooth and shiny. Spoon chocolate over cookies, spreading carefully around edges. **If marshmallow cream starts peeking through a few minutes after coating with chocolate, just add additional chocolate over white areas.**

3. Place in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes and serve. Keep any leftovers in refrigerator.

12 cookies

See Y’all Soon With More Goodies!

Comments

Proud Italian Cook says:

How is it you look so good and make all these sinful desserts???
    Whats your secret? It must be pilates, right?

CookiePie says:

Those look fantastic!!! And I love Lauren Chattman – she does recipe development for the magazine where I work — she’s so talented! Her books are incredible.

RJsharp.blogspot.com says:

Who are you!? A woman after my own heart! I haven’t seen one thing on here that I wouldn’t love! I am new here and just discovered your blog through a friend. Thanks for all the time you spend doing this!

Jessica Sharp

Jessy and her dog Winnie says:

**gasp** those look AMAZING

hot garlic says:

Okay, I’ve never been an oreo fan, but my kids might have a coronary if I let them have a crack at these! They look like a way fun treat to make together with kiddies.

Jaime says:

wow, these are over the top!

Colleen says:

Wow, these look ridiculously delicious!

Birdie says:

Ooey Gooey, Rich and chewy—Yum Yum Yum!

Mandy says:

yowza! I can feel my jeans getting tight just looking at the pictures. YUM!

Anonymous says:

I just wanted to say that I LOVE your recipes. I tried this recipe but I used white chocolate chips to cover them in and then crushed up pecans to put on top. They were to die for !!! Thank you for the idea !!

Thanks everyone!

Anonymous,
    I bet the white chocolate and crushed pecans was delicious!

Kari says:

These were so good, we made them first with the Oreo’s and then we wanted to make them again, and we were out of Oreo’s, so we used Ritz Crackers instead, and they were really delightful!!

Mrsblocko says:

I made these and wrote about them here. Thank you for a great way to use up an excess of leftover homemade marshmallows!

watch says:

watch 9 May 2012 … Watch this video of Actress Karyn Parsons talking about the steps you can take to help prevent pollution. youtu.be/EVBnHf1SImw 1:15 PM May …twitter.com/EPAgov/status/200318151211233281…