Oct
2008

Giving "Kisses" For Fall

Tags:

Cookies

Boy, already Wednesday evening. This Fall Break is flying around here.

Have you all seen these crazy new Pumpkin Spice “kisses” from Hershey’s? They are fantastic and the second I heard about them I knew I had to have them. The trick is not eating them all before you bake with them.

I decided to make a fun fall cookie with my new kisses. These are just like those peanut blossoms we all know and love, but with great fall pumpkin flavors. Now, I don’t know if we can all handle the 4 ingredients it takes to make these so brace yourselves for some slaving in the kitchen. No, seriously you can have these done from start to finish in about 15 minutes! Woo Hoo, I love cake mix cookies and kisses!

Alright, I think I’m a little sleep deprived today. One more thing, go find yourselves some nice sanding sugar, it’s a bit bigger than granulated sugar and makes a big difference. I got mine at Michaels, a craft store, in the cake decorating section. I know William Sonoma carries some too. It makes for a perfect crunchy coating, definitely a must!!

Don’t they have “Fall” written all over them? Thank you Inside Hershey Blog for the great photo.

Pumpkin Spice Blossoms

1 Spice Cake Mix 18.25 oz

14 oz can Libby’s Pumkin

½ Cup sanding sugar

1 bag Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the cake mix and pumpkin until well combined, about 45 seconds. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll top half in sanding sugar (dough is sticky) then place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cooked through. Quickly transfer to a cooling rack and immediately press kisses into the center of each cookie. I immediately place cooling rack into the fridge for 15 minutes so the kisses don’t melt. I tried both ways and it melts down if just left at room temperature. Enjoy!

About 36 cookies

_______________________

I couldn’t resist! Have a Great Rest of the Week!

Comments

Bunny says:

I haven’t seen these yet but I’m going for groceries tomorrow and will have an eye out for them, thanks Jenny!

CookiePie says:

Those are adorable and so festive!!! Great scarecrow too ;)

1215656559s20768 says:

Jenny, these are too cute and look perfect for autumn. I haven’t seen the little kisses, but I’m going to look for them.

www.adorn-jewelry.blogspot.com says:

wow, these look amazingly cute and so fast and easy! i can’t even believe that they have all of 2 ingredients! i will have to put these on my list of cookies to try. i am a cookie addict!

Brandy says:

I know you have a million readers and are loved and admired by many, but I had to be true to my favorite blogs when choosing who to give this award to. Check out my blog to get your award!

Steph says:

I haven’t seen these kisses in this neck of the woods..the cookies look fabulous Jenny!

Colleen says:

The sanding sugar makes them look so pretty!

The Bertone's says:

After reading your post this morning, I went on the look for the pumpkin kisses, for my girls and I to make the cookie. However, we were unsuccessful in our hunt. Though, we did find another flavor…have you seen the Caramel Apple kisses?? They are really good. I’m gonna keep looking though!

alexandra's kitchen says:

that is awesome! i’m laughing.

Thanks for the tip about the sanding sugar. I never would have thought to try Michael’s

Dawn says:

I have not seen these. I must make these. How festive indeed. Thanks so much for sharing.

CookingCourtney says:

hey havnt arrived here yet! grr i hope they do soon they look delicious.

Sara says:

Wow, these look delicious. I need to find some of those pumpkin kisses.

Denissa says:

I HAVE to find those kisses!! I love anything pumpkin flavored so those are a must have!
    Thanks for sharing…

Smithfamily says:

Well I think that these are a new family holiday tradition… Thanks

Rolyndia says:

I have not seen the pumpkin kisses, but I am on the look now. My kids and hubby would love these. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes with all of us.

The Wilson Family says:

Oh my word… That pumkin/scarecrow has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. I love it!!!

Lori Lynn says:

Your baked goodies look wonderful! I have got to try those pumpkin kisses.

You gave me a real good laugh with that pumpkin photo!

Maggie says:

These were SO EASY and tasted great. They were a huge hit at my family dinner party today. Thanks again!

Marcella says:

My friend brought these over to me the other day, and without know they were from your site, I mentioned how I’ve been loving your recipes. Then she said I think these are from the same site! They were amazing!

Mandy says:

These look so yummy!! I have called all the Target’s in the area and they are out of the Pumpkin Spice kisses right now. Hopefully they get some more in soon. I was wondering if raw sugar would work instead of sanding sugar? I do not know if there would be a taste differance or not, the size looks simaliar. Thanks for the great recipes.

Pineapple Hill says:

I can’t wait to try that recipe! They look deeeelish! That scarecrow buy is the funniest. Love it

Lisa says:

Did you use Libby’s pumpkin or Libby’s pumpkin pie mix?
    Lisa

Lisa,
    I used Libby’s pumpkin. Enjoy!

Molly says:

We made these today and they were so easy and delicious. My 8 year old daughter made them they were so easy. I couldn’t find the kisses so we just put candy pumpkins on the top instead. Thanks for the great recipe. It is a keeper!

Annie says:

Love this idea – so quick and easy!

Skamamama says:

i love your cookie idea and i can’t wait to make them with our boys. unfortunately it might have to wait until next year b/c i can’t find the pumpkin spice kisses anywhere. target, kroger, cvs, walmart, food lion…i hit them all up to try this cookie recipe out! i haven’t given up just yet though!
    i’m new to your blog and LOVE it!

Catherine says:

Oh I love those cookies!! I think I have to try them! Love your new blog look too!!! Your boys are adorable and so are you!!!

Hugs!
    Cath

jvaughn0311 says:

These cookies are in the oven now! Can’t wait to try them. I love creme cheese so I added half a pack of creme cheese! Yummy! I am such a messy baker…It was real sticky…how do yours look so perfect?? You are such a great cook, and you make it all look yummy too! Thanks for this blog!!

Marian says:

Just made these for Halloween at work! They were super messy to scoop and roll in the sugar, the dough is so sticky! But they taste amazing!!! Also, I didn’t have wire cooling racks to move to the fridge so the kisses wouldn’t melt, so I unwrapped all my kisses and put them in the freezer for about 30 mins ahead of time. That seemed to do the trick! Thanks for this great idea!!

[...] had found a great sounding recipe from Picky Palate.   But trying to be more cost conscious I opted for the Betty Crocker Pumpkin Spice cookie mix [...]

Nicole says:

OK, its 2011 but I am making your 2008 recipe :)
    I could only find the standard size box cake mix, 15.25oz smaller than
    the recipe calls for. I am going with it, and hope these turn out ok.
    Thanks for the great ideas, this is a great blog!

[...] picky-palate.com via Deanna on Pinterest Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like [...]

kim says:

Do you mix the cake mix first with eggs and oil?

lisa says:

Hi I’m very interested in making there, I just wasn’t sure about something, it says mix spice mix and pumpkin only, do i mix the spice cake ingredients like eggs and oil that require on box to mix with pumpkin, sorry i just want to make sure i make it correctly. thank you for your time.

Lauren says:

I am so sxcited to make these. I could not find spice cake mix, so I bought Pumpkin spice COOKIE mix. Do you think I can make this recipe with that?

Marina says:

I just made these and they turned out great! I don’t usually make cookies using box cake mixes, so I was getting kinda nervous when I didn’t see them flatten out. I used two sheet pans at a time, so I left them in there for about 15 minutes instead.

Also, I couldn’t find plain sanding sugar when I was at Michael’s. I DID however find CHOCOLATE sanding sugar which worked gloriously. These are soooo good.

kim says:

I didn’t read all of these comments, so if this is a repeat, I apologize. But freeze the kisses before making cookies and they won’t melt.

Stargazer says:

What a bunch of sugary, high-carb JUNK!

Robyn says:

My cousin just found the kisses at Walmart!!

Kathy says:

I made the first cookie sheet following the directions exactly, they were ok. Not great tasting and the sugar was a real pain to deal with.
    I took the remaining dough and mixed in cinnamon chips and toffee chips, a handful of each. Eliminated the sugar, sprayed the parchment paper with Pam, then baked them according to the directions.
    They were oozing with flavor. Everyone loved them!

Nusra says:

Can you make this recipe with yellow cake mix? Can’t find the one you’ve mentioned. Also, the pumpkin pie mix can is the one for the pie, not the 100% purée, correct? I have the 32 oz can of that…

[...] Reference: Falke, Jenny. Picky Palate. 2008 « The American [...]

Angela says:

How do you typically store these? I made them yesterday and they’re very tasty but feel veryyy moist this morning.

Can you purchase sanding sugar at a regular grocery store?

Lindsey says:

I wasn’t able to find the hershey kisses but I was able to find cinnamon chips in the baking aisle. They were by the chocolate chips; the cookies turned out great!

Elizabeth says:

I’m about to make these right now and I was curious if you combined the spice cake mix from the box ingredients first or just mixed the dry spice cake mix with the pumpkin??

Excited to try!

[…] Pumpkin Pancakes 17. Pumpkin Spice Kisses 18. Pumpkin Snickerdoodles 19. Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee 20. Skinny Pumpkin […]

[…] Have you heard of the blog Picky Palate??? Well head over there for her take on using these two ingredients with two others for some super cute (& delicious) pumpkin spice cookies! (Click Here) […]

[…] these….call ahead first and find those kisses! Here is the link to the recipe… Picky-Palate…Giving Kisses for Fall I followed it exactly for the ingredients….but my dough was not really able to be rolled and […]

[…] Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling Pumpkin Spice Blossoms Mini Pumpkin Pie […]