Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Oct
2008

Happy 1 Year Blogger-versary To Me!

Tags: , ,

Desserts

Good Saturday night everyone. Yowza, how fast does a year go?!! It has been so much fun sharing my recipe creations with all of you who read them! I have learned so much this last year. Thanks for all of you who comment. It really makes my day to read all of your comments!

So, in celebration of my 1 year blogger-versary, I have created the best blondies in town, in my opinion! They were inspired by my visit to Chelsea Market during my recent trip to NY. They had a fab little brownie shop called the Fat Witch where I bought a white chocolate blondie that was heavenly! I quickly got to work in my kitchen and came up with my own version. I was hesitant at first about adding the raspberries, but whoa they are good tucked inside with the white chocolate.

Take a peek and make yourself some blondies!

Since it’s a celebration, seriously add the ice cream!

Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies

¼ Cup butter

¾ Cup white chocolate chips

½ Cup sugar

¼ Cup brown sugar

1 Cup flour

½ teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

½ Cup white chocolate chips

2 eggs

2 Tablespoons sour cream

1 Cup fresh raspberries

½ Cup finely chopped pecans

2 Tablespoons sanding sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Stir in ¾ Cup white chips until melted and smooth. In a large bowl add the sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and ½ Cup white chips. In a small bowl whisk the eggs and sour cream. Pour into the dry ingredient bowl along with the melted white chip mixture. Mix until just combined.

2. Pour into an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Top evenly with 1 Cup raspberries. Mix the chopped pecans and sanding sugar in a small bowl until combined then sprinkle over top of blondies. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean from center.

9 blondies

Coming Soon: My New Blog Look and a Fun Givaway!! Check back in soon!

Comments

go boo boo says:

Happy Anniversary! Your recipes look amazing (I say look, because I google reader star 98% of your posts with really good intentions to make them the next day…someday). I loved your “reminded me of Paris, even though I’ve never been there”..I am so with you.

The Inexperienced Foodie says:

way to go on your 1 year anniversary! i hope to learn from you on blogging, those blondies look delish!

Emiline says:

HAPPY BLOGGER-VERSARY! Yay!!!!
    Thank you for all your hard work. You have a wonderful blog…congrats.

Mine is on Tuesday. I suppose I’ll have to make something special.

Raspberry blondies sound great!

The Inexperienced Foodie says:

congrats on your win

Katherine Aucoin says:

Congratulations on you Blog Anniversary! Your blondies look awesome!

Susan Macaluso says:

Congratulations on your first year! I just started this past summer. I have a giveaway!! So, it’s another ocntest you can enter!

Donna in VA says:

Those look sinfully delicious! I’m making them tonight!!!!

Congrats on your anniversary!

Sara says:

Yummy blondies, and congrats on the 1 year blogger-versary! Love your blog and look forward to the new look!

Laura says:

What white chocolate chips do you buy? I have not found a brand that I like. I almost think it would be better to buy my own white chocolate and just chop it up.

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! I enjoy reading them.

Laura,
    You could absoulutely buy your own white chocolate and chop it up. I just buy whatever is at the grocery store. No specific brand. Good luck!

Deborah says:

What a great way to celebrate!! Congrats on your 1 year!

Marcella says:

Over the past 2 weeks I have used so many of your recipes! Now all my friends are talking about their fav recipes from Picky Palate! Keep up the great work! You make me look good at the dinner table, Thanks!

Kaime says:

Congrats! I have to say you deff make the best food. You never fail me and not only does the recipes you make taste so good but they are so simple.
    THANK YOU!!!

Live.Love.Eat says:

Yay. Happy Blogiversary to you!!!!!! It’s always a joy coming here to see what you whipped up. The Blondies look outstanding!!!!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

Hapy blooger-versary!!!!! What a sweet year, my dear! Keep up the good work! I’ve heared of fat witch, I haven’t had her brownies/blondies but I don’t think I need them, after seeing yours!!! They look amazing and don’t worry, I’ll add the ice cream!

Bridgett says:

Congrats! These look perfectly decadent.

Kara, Garrick, Rylee and Jadyn says:

Happy Blogger-versary! I really enjoy your site and your many mouthwatering dishes, thanks for sharing!!!!

CookiePie says:

WOW – those look amazing!!! Especially with the ice cream melting on top… yum! Happy Blogiversary!!

Care says:

YEAH!! Congrats to you and to the rest of us for finding you. I wish you nothing but sweet and yummy abundance for the next great year! Thanks for always sharing your upbeat thoughts and delicious treats

*Priscilla* says:

congrats on this new look jenny! n-e-a-t!

Bunny says:

Happy Anniversary Jenny! These look wonderful!

Diana says:

What a cute blog look! I love the high heels!

Happy one year to you! These blondies look awesome! Love the white chocolate in them!

Meg says:

What a wonderful flavor combination! Happy blog anniversary a day or two late!

susan says:

Congratz on your blogger-versary! those blondies look terrific~!

Claire says:

Happy blogiversary! You’ve had a great year!!! These blondies look great.

Brindi says:

Love your new header. I do miss your dream kitchen – but truth be told, that is how I rock out my local Walmart – high heels and a grocery cart. Congrats on your one year anniversary! Thanks for always providing such delicious recipes!

Sharon says:

Congrats!! I love your new look :) Oh, and these blondies…YUM!

Hillary says:

Love the new layout. I just made the pumpkin spice cookies. They were delicious. Also made your shredded beef taco cups with corn salsa and they were awesome. I made them for a dinner group I am in. We have four families that we each take a night monday-thursday and make a main dish and drop it off at each others houses on our night. We plan out our calendars for four or five months and rotate between chicken, beef and other dishes. We just met to plan our next four months and I am going to be using so many of your recipes. I am exciting to try them all. Thanks for your recipes. Can’t wait to try your blondies.

Anne says:

Happy blogaversary! :) I love the new look and I think blondies are the perfect way to celebrate- keep up the great work!

The Curtis Family says:

Jenny how perfectly sassy of you :). What are you talking about you don’t shop in heels? I totally do.

Love the new look.

Amy~ says:

Congrats on a year! I love your blog so keep up the good food! Those bl;ondies will be mine. oh yes they will.

Mandy says:

The new look is luscious! I love it!

The Blonde Duck says:

Those look wonderful! I adore them!

Stephanie says:

I love the new look – those shoes in your header are adorable! But I will miss looking at that awesome kitchen…

Lore says:

Wow, what a great new look (I had to check the sidebar for your photo to make sure I’m in the right place :D)! And happy blogoversary!! Here’s for many more to come

Jaime says:

happy blogiversary! i can’t believe your blog is so “young”

i love white chocolate and raspberry together…great creation!

Lorrie says:

I made these brownies for Boss’ Day today. Everyone in the office absolutely loved them! Kuddos to you for creating such a great treat. THANKS!

Lori Lynn says:

Congrats on your one year anniversary! The raspberry white chocolate blondies, a fine way to celebrate.

PaniniKathy says:

Happy Blogiversary!! Congrats on what’s been quite a year of accomplishment. And love the new look – tres swanky! Well, you had me at the blondies but then the ice cream just put me over the top :-)

Janene says:

I loved this recipe so much I decided to make it as a gift for my Mother-in-law’s birthday. Although I loved it the first time. My gift recipient loves walnuts so I combined chopped walnuts with a little butter and brown sugar for the topping and then sprinkled sugar in the raw over the top. I added more raspberries. It was wonderful! Thank you for sharing your ideas and recipes with us!

PheMom says:

Hey! Happy blogger-versary to you (belated!). I really like the new look by the way, those heels and the cart are awesome! :)

I think your blondies look really amazing and pretty.

Tracy says:

Happy blogger-versary! Wow, I can’t believe it’s only been a year! Your blog looks so professional.

queenoftheclick says:

Happy blogger-versary!

Donna in VA says:

Oh my goodness! I just made these this past weekend and they are to die for! I just posted about them giving you kudos!

Thanks!

Tami says:

These blondies are amazing!! I am linking to this recipe from my blog as the treat for the week! Thanks for all you do.

[...] Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies From Picky Palate [...]

[...] I started looking through some recipes I had starred on my Google Reader and came across these Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies from Picky Palate’s blog. I’ve made these a couple of times in the past but completely forgot [...]

Anna says:

Everytime I come to your website, which is amost everyday since I discovered it, I find another recipe I want to make!! These look so delicious, I can’t wait to make them!!!

[...] Tuesday: Hubby’s birthday! His dinner of choice is kielbasa, buttered noodles and steamed broccoli/cauliflower with white chocolate raspberry bars for dessert. [...]