Oct
2008

Yogurt and Banana Spice Muffins and a New Look!

Tags: ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Hey Everyone, the new look made it safe and sound. Now, I know you all wear your heels to go grocery shopping don’t you, I mean who doesn’t? No, seriously I know I’ll miss that great Viking kitchen, but it was time for a fun change to celebrate another year and I love what Shannon at 8 Crazydesigns did for me.

I was so excited to get an opportunity from 3-A-Day of Dairy to do some writing for them. Check out my latest article for some surprisingly healthy Halloween Treats!

I posted a great year in review last night and blogger erased half of my pictures, so this is a test to see if this post will work! Wish me luck! Looks like I need to work out a few kinks! These muffins are really good and great for anytime of the day. I used low fat yogurt and bananas in place of the oil, so they are almost guilt free! Enjoy.

Yogurt and Banana Spice Muffins

Spice Cake Mix, 18.25 oz size

6 oz container low fat vanilla yogurt

2 eggs

2 medium overly ripe bananas, mashed with fork

¾ Cup water

2 Tablespoons powdered sugar for garnish if desired

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, yogurt, eggs, bananas and water until well combined. Spoon batter into 24 traditional size muffin cups that have been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 20-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center of muffin.

2. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Garnish with powdered sugar if desired.

24 muffins

Thanks for your patience while I figure things out around here! I’ll re-post my year in review soon! Have a good week!

Comments

aztami says:

oh man……LOVE your blog, don’t like the new look at all. sorry :)

Hi Tami,
    I knew there would be people who wouldn’t like my new look in fact my husband hates it too. I get so bored looking at the same thing, I’m positive it won’t be the last new look around here!

Proud Italian Cook says:

Beautiful new look Jenny! It’s so you, with the heels and all! You’re so glam!!

aztami says:

I hope I didn’t offend you Jenny, I am still a big fan!! Keep up the good work!

Potato Chef says:

Congrats on the new look. I think that it looks great.

The muffins sound pretty good too!!

Andrea and Casey says:

These are so yummy! I just made them and love them. Easy, Fast, and Tasty. Thanks for the recipe!

Theresa says:

Love your new look. Muffins look great too. Congrats on your 1 year. I’m glad I stumbled upon your site.

Thanks Everyone!

AZtami,
    No offense taken whatsoever.

Helene says:

Beautiful look & of course I do wear high heels anywhere. Can't believe that actually people do.

Lori Lynn says:

Your new look is adorable!
    Muffins with ribbons, too sweet!

My Sweet & Saucy says:

I am loving the new look! It is simply fabulous!

skinnybovineskitchen says:

i love the new look with the shopping in heels! its so 1950s housewife – perfectly “heeled” everywhere she goes! :) but i’m like you – it’s pjs to the grocery store for me!

and you are so creative with your food photography. love the bows around the muffins. cute idea!

~Holly says:

Love the new look!! Alot of times I go shopping right after work and so I end up going in heels. By the time I get home I fall on the couch and my wonderful husband brings the groceries in! :) I can’t believe it has allready been a year for you! How exciting! Your blog is definitely on the top of my list! :)

hot garlic says:

These look great! Congrats on the write-up!!

Heidi says:

I tried these when you first posted this recipe and they’ve become a staple item in this house ever since!
    I went to make them today (because I have over ripe bananas and we’re SO tired of banana bread!) and realized I had no spice cake mix. :( So, I tried them with chocolate- YUM! Kinda like a brownie, but not as rich. It was the only other cake mix I had on hand and I’m glad I tried! :)

Anne says:

I just made the yogurt banana spice muffins this morning(great easy recipe!), however, the consistency turned out more like a cupcake than a muffin. The photo looks more dense like a muffin, just curious as to whether they should be like a cupcake or a muffin? How can I make them more dense like a muffin?
    Thank you in advance and thank you for all the great recipes and mouth watering photos!

Anne