Oct
2008

Classic Tuna Fish Sandwiches…..and Little Rugrat Helpers

Tags:

Dinner

Happy Thursday night everybody!

I don’t know what it is about tuna fish that makes my boys stop what they are doing and want to help me in the kitchen. I had some fun with the boys last week while they were fervently getting right to work to make our favorite classic tuna fish. I couldn’t help snapping them in action hard at work.

Tuna fish is kind of like chicken salad. There are so many variations. I like mine the good ol’ fashion way with nothing too crazy and so do my little rugrats. Don’t worry about the spinach, tell the kids that it’s like what Popeye eats to get really strong. It works every time with my guys.

Enjoy some fun in my crazy kitchen with my 2 silly boys! See ya’ll soon!

I seriously need to get my booty in gear with my 3 year old. I’m so not motivated this time around!

Classic Tuna Fish with Baby Spinach on Whole Wheat Rolls

2 small cans drained albacore tuna fish

½ Cup mayonnaise or miracle whip

1 Tablespoon mustard, regular or spicy brown

1 Tablespoon sweet relish

1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Pinch of kosher salt

Pinch fresh ground pepper

Soft whole wheat rolls

Fresh baby spinach leaves

1. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. Place on a whole wheat rolls topped with fresh baby spinach leaves. Enjoy!

Coming soon: Some yummy cookies, soup, A Giveaway and all kinds of other goodies! Come back soon!

Comments

Amy says:

Your tuna fish looks delicious! I’ve never added mustard or lemon juice to mine but I will have to try that next time.

Rachelle says:

I have been doing mine tuna Sand quite similar, I also add in some tartar sauce. Mmmm

Cute boys!

Andrew's Mom says:

So cute.

Jill says:

I love a tasty tuna sandwich, and I was happy to see that our combination of ingredients are almost identical. Your boys are darling, and good luck with potty training, it sure is a PAIN!

Becky says:

What cuties! I wish I were as good as you at letting my little guys help!

Anonymous says:

Your boys are darling!

My family will love these tuna sandwiches..

Brigitte@mvte.com

PheMom says:

My picky eater won’t even try tuna. That picture of your boys is so cute (the one where they are kind of messing with each other) – well they all are. As for potty training, oh how I hated that experience. We’ll see how long it takes this time around – we aren’t even close to having to do that yet.

Sorry I’ve been MIA, for some reason my Bloglines stopped updating your posts and I just realized it today!! So, I’m working my way back. Hope your Sunday has been great!

Hillary says:

Hey I love a good tuna sandwich. I love a little crunch to it though. So I add some onion and celery to mine. I also however prefer miracle whip.

Tracy says:

My mom was just on the phone bragging to me about cousins who have supposedly potty trained their kids at ages 14 months and 2. I’m sure it was a pointed reference that my boys both were well into age 3 before they were trained. They don’t show any damage for being trained at that age! Your boys are precious!

Cheryl says:

Good luck with the potty training, my 3 year old is still resisting too.

Ashley says:

Aww…your boys are adorable!

queenoftheclick says:

I must try this recipe.

Your sons are adorable. They say that kids will pottery train when they are ready so it’s good that you aren’t pushing him. Someone on television once said that you don’t see any kindergartners in diapers. He’s probably just on the verge of being ready. :)

Janene says:

I love that you get your kids cooking with you. I think one of the best things a mom can do is share her hobbies with her children. They might turn out to be famous chefs if you keep it up!

Coralie says:

Does the albacore tuna make a difference? Would it be much better than regular tuna?

Foushee's says:

Your boys are so cute…I love the tuna fish!!

The Thompson's says:

Your boys are so cute! What a yummy way to serve them! On wheat rolls with spinach! Mmmmm Mmmm Good! If you wait long enough with little Brady, he will most likely just do it on his own one day! :) Paige took FOREVER too.

Allie says:

Your boys are too funny! At least they’re not to manly to help in the kitchen. They’re growing up too fast!

Lauren says:

Mmmm…yummy tuna.

CoreyandShanda says:

I normally have just made tuna in the “boring” fashion…mayo, tuna and occasionally celery!
    I can’t wait to try this version!

Bridgett says:

Good luck with potty training. I was so sick of diapers by the second kid I was lucky my daughter was more than willing at an early age! Darling little chefs, who can resist making treats for them?

Lore says:

Your boys are just so cute! Potty train? Not right now please, let’s make tuna sandwiches instead :D. I’d fall for that, lol :). Love tuna too

mikky says:

love your blog’s new look, and your boys are so adorable… great sandwich, btw… :)

Hello friends, how is everything, and what you would like to say concerning this article, in my view its actually awesome designed for me.