Oct
2008

White Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon and Banana Bread Biscotti

Tags:

Cookies

Good Monday afternoon everyone! I rarely post during the middle of the day, but here I am putting this before my shower. I’m a mess!

I’ve had black bananas staring at me in the kitchen for over a week now and I finally put them to good use this morning. I’ve seen some beautiful biscotti on so many blogs lately and since I’ve never made my own, I decided to give it a shot. Since I practically have a year supply’s worth of cinnamon chips I knew I’d be adding them to the banana bread dough. Let me tell you, it is a perfect match. I know we’ve talked about this before, but do try to get your hands a bag of cinnamon chips. They are great in so many baked goods!

Take a peek and Enjoy!!

White Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon and Banana Bread Biscotti

¾ Cup mashed over ripe bananas

1 egg

2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 ¾ Cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour

½ Cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon cinnamon

½ teaspoon salt

½ Cup cinnamon chips

1 Cup white chocolate chips

White non-perils

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bananas, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla into a large bowl; mix until combined. Place flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cinnamon chips into a large bowl; mix to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry until combined. Divide dough into 2 equal parts and place onto a silpat lined baking sheet 4 inches apart from each other. Form each piece of dough into a 7 inch logs, about 2 inches wide. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven, reduce heat to 250 degrees F and let cool for 10 minutes. Using a serrated knife, slice biscotti into ½ inch strips, on the diagonal. Place slices back onto cookie sheet and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until crisped. Let cool completely.

2. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until smooth. Dip top corner of biscotti in chocolate then sprinkle with non perils. Let dry on wax paper.

Makes about 30 biscotti

More goodies coming soon, enjoy your week!

Comments

mikky says:

they look beautiful indeed!!! :)

Veronica says:

I love those cinnamon chips! What tasty looking biscotti-I would love one right now to dip in my morning tea!

RecipeGirl says:

Cinnamon chips make every baked good taste better! There was a sale on these chips for a $1 one day at my local market. I went nuts and bought literally 10 bags. I thought sure they had made a mistake!! Now I’m a little overloaded w/ cinnamon chips.

These look wooooonderful!

Aggie says:

Look at these cookies! They are awesome Jenny! Can’t wait to try them!

Sophie says:

The biscotti looks so elegant with the white frosting. Bananas and cinnamon chips does sound like a tasty combination :).

Bob says:

I fell in love with biscotti when I worked at Starbucks almost a decade ago (ugh, that long?). Never tried making them myself though. I will have to try these, they look awesome.

Tasty Trends says:

i have never made biscotti either! i am not a fan of bananas but i would love it with chocolate!

CookiePie says:

They look fabulous!! I bet they’re amazing with a hot cup of coffee.

Mandy says:

The non-perils are such a great idea! They add a nice, special touch! Yum!

Leslie says:

grrr.I went looking for those darn cinnamon chips today, and no luck!
    These look sooo delish!

My Sweet & Saucy says:

I haven’t had biscotti in so long, but I truly love it!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

Such nice biscotti Jenny! Loved the idea of making a banana dough AND addind cinnamon chips AND dipping in white chocolate! Yummmmm!

Amy says:

Oh wow! These look super yummy!

Robin says:

Those look…and sound HEAVENLY!

Carly says:

I have a batch cooling right now – thanks for the great recipe!

For anyone still looking for cinnamon chips, I bought mine at The Prepared Pantry – they’re wonderful to deal with, and they have a lot of premium products.

[...] Banana Biscotti Recipe adapted from The Picky Palate yield: 20 – 24 biscotti 3/4 cup Ripened Bananas, mashed 1 Egg 2 TBS Brown Sugar 1 tsp [...]

KK says:

I stumbled across this recipe and was very excited to use up my over-ripe bananas! I was disappointed after making them because I could not get them to crisp up. Perhaps some of my measurements or baking times were off. Despite the lack of crispy biscotti-ness, they were still delicious! I used peanut butter chips instead of cinnamon and dipped in a mixture of melted down peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Hopefully next time I make these they turn out more like biscotti and less like slices of banana bread!! haha