Nov
2008

Southwest Shredded Chicken 3 Bean Chili and Cornbread Muffins…

Tags: ,

Dinner

Good Monday afternoon everyone! Hope ya’ll had a great weekend! Can I have a drum roll please for the latest POM winner…… Congrats to The Dave and Tricia Folsom Family!! Email me with your home address so I can get your case of Pomegranates out to you courtesy of the POM folks. For the rest of you, now you have a list of 81 ideas to start your own recipe for a chance at $5000, good luck everyone!!

Now for my all time favorite chicken chili. I am excited to share this recipe with you all, it’s simple to prepare and tastes like it spent all day simmering on the oven. I have made this chili more times than I can remember and it’s a hit every time. Hope you all will enjoy!!

Southwest Shredded Chicken 3 Bean Chili

6 oz tomato paste

1 Tablespoon Tabasco hot sauce

1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice

2 heaping Tablespoons chili powder

1 heaping Tablespoon cumin

1 ¼ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper

1. Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and shredded chicken breast; cook for 1 minute then stir in chicken broth, beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, hot sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes then reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.

Green Chili Cheddar Cornbread Muffins

This cornbread recipe tops any cornbread I’ve ever tried. It’s sweet and fabulous. Whenever I have to make cornbread, I hands down always go to this recipe. I got it from Shar’s Bosch Kitchen in Gilbert years ago and have been making it ever since. You’ll 100% love this cornbread recipe, Enjoy!

Green Chili Cheddar Cornbread Muffins

1 Cup butter (2 sticks)

1 Cup sugar

4 eggs

1 ½ Cups flour

1 Cup cornmeal

1 ½ Tablespoons baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt

½ Cup ultra gel (optional-available at Shar’s Bosch Kitchen Store if in AZ)

1 4 oz can chopped green chilies

1 16oz can creamed corn

1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until well combined. Slowly add eggs until well combined. Pour in remaining ingredients in no particular order until just combined. Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish or 24 muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray. If baking in 9×13 inch dish bake for 25-30 minutes, if baking in muffin tins, bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.

Any Grey’s Anatomy fans here? I am dying to talk about the return of Denny with Izzy, is he dead or not!?? Have a great week! I’ll be back soon with some more good eatin’!

Comments

Mom2three says:

Oh this looks so yummy! I just put a chicken in the crockpot for some chicken noodle soup with leftover cornbread for tonight. Will have to try this on another day!

Liz says:

I’m making a vegetarian chili tonight (it’s been in my pile of must-make recipes for quite some time now) and think I’ll try your corn muffins on the side. It’s a yummy combo.

Mandy says:

I can’t say much about Grey’s since I dont’ watch it, but what a yummy dinner for a cold day! I can’t believe I missed 3 of your posts! I am waaaaay behind on reading my favorite blogs!!:) I’m working on a POM recipe, hopefully I’ll have it up tomorrow.

Veronica says:

I love your chili…looks delicious and I looove Grey’s Anatomy. Oh I think that Denny is dead-how could he not be? Maybe it’s just that anyone that hooks up with Alex goes nuts!!

Crazy Lady says:

yo picky palate lady, i just made your chili….BUT i accidentally put cayenne instead of chili powder (but fortunately did only one heaping tablespoon instead of two) but now I have a heaping gigantic pot of fire chili. i’m eating it with lots of sour cream…. don’t you hate those days?

Crazy Lady,
    I am cracking up at your comment! I have certainly had those days where I’ve goofed on a recipe. I’ll never forget putting 1/2 salt in my cookies thinking it was sugar at my sister’s house. What do you do?!!

Jamie @ Baldwin Bungalow says:

Some have said that Izzie has a brain tumor and is imagining that Alex is Denny. I say who cares why Denny’s back – let’s just be glad that he’s back!!! Last week’s episode was SO good – I can’t wait for tomorrow’s episode!

Anne says:

Yum! I’m making that cornbread tonight- it looks great!

As for Grey’s Anatomy… I was really hoping she would finally settle in with Alex! It’ll be interesting to see where they are going with that.

Laurie says:

I made this recipe last night, it was wonderful! Just like all your recipes I have tried so far.

Jaime says:

what a comforting fall meal!

Dawn says:

I am a huge fan of chili. I love how you added lime to this. This looks soooooo darn good Jenny! I will have to steal this and report back to you. It’s 32 degrees here, so I need this warming food.

Pam says:

I may just make this tomorrow night. I am roasting a chicken today and I always have leftovers. This looks amazing and full of great flavors.

Where do you buy the Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes? The chili looks delicious!

Bob says:

Alright girlie, I’m tagging you. So show a dude some love and play along. :) Rules are over here…

The Blonde Duck says:

I’m on such a SW food kick…I love this.

Maggie says:

That looks sooooooo good! Can’t wait to make it. :-)

Jennifer says:

I made the chicken chili last night and it came out really good. We’ll be having the leftovers tonight with cheese quesadilla’s so that I can begin my thanksgiving prep work!

Chef E says:

Your popular here! I love this one, and will get to looking through your blogs when I get a chance. I usually spend one day a week reading as much as I can…cornbread and southwest got my attention!

Susan says:

I love your blog! I made this chili and cornbread last night and it was super. Everyone (even my fussiest eater) loved this meal. We’re having a potluck at church where everyone has to make their favorite chili recipe and this one is coming with us! The shredded chicken is an great twist.

Keep the delicious recipes coming!!!

[...] powder and cumin. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve. Serve with cornbread muffins. Green Chili Cheddar Cornbread Muffins (click name for [...]

[...] Chicken Chili Smoky White Bean Chicken Chili Bush’s White Bean Chile Verde with Sonoma Pesto Southwest Shredded Chicken 3-Bean Chili Amy’s Amazing White Chicken [...]

[…] Tuesday- Southwest Shredded Chicken 3 Bean Chili […]