Jan
2009

The Ultimate Recipe Showdown is Back!

Hey everybody, just putting a shout out for Season 2 of Ultimate Recipe Showdown on Food Network starting tonight! I don’t know if you remember, but I competed in season 1 last year with my Pepita Crusted Southwest Chicken Mac and I was lucky enough to be chosen again as a Finalist for Season 2! I’ll be in the Dessert Category this year that will air February 8th. This was the NY trip my sister and I went to back in September and had the time of our lives. After my show airs I’ll be sure to post my recipe along with some fun pictures of the show and talk more about it. For now, here’s a LINK to the Dessert Group finalists and a LINK to my little video.

Keep an eye out for a number of other Food bloggers who were on this season’s show as well. Below is a little information about this Season with Guy Fieri as the host, I can’t wait to watch them all!

About the Show

With more than 12,000 recipes submitted from home cooks across America, Ultimate Recipe Showdown returns for another season of delicious competition as the top 24 contestants battle head-to-head for national glory. Hosted by Guy Fieri (Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives; Guy’s Big Bite), the series features six categories: Comfort Food, Burgers, Cakes, Hot and Spicy, Desserts, or Hometown Favorites. Each week, the judges crown an “ultimate” winner who receives $25,000 and the chance to have his or her recipe featured nationwide at T.G.I. Friday’s® restaurants.

Just got to home from the Holidays, so I’m gearing up for some new and exciting recipes! See You Soon!!

Comments

Emily says:

I wish you the best of luck in this competition!! I’m sure you’ll do great!! If anything, your recipes will be featured at the best eatery around – MY HOUSE! =]

Webinsider says:

Hello Jenny:

Congratulations and Good luck for the show!

We (Blogoxy) have a service that brings new readers to your blog by connecting your similar articles together.

For food bloggers, our new contextual slideshow widget it perfect. It displays related images from your blog in a slideshow. For example, if you write an article about Pasta, the widget will display Pasta related images from your own articles that you wrote in the past. This provides additional value to your readers as well as brings more page views to your blog.

Similar Articles button widget increases your page views by displaying other “related articles” to your readers.

We want to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets. Feel free to play around with them.

Happy blogging.

Thanks,
    Deek (blogoxy team member)

Patsyk says:

Jenny – that is so exciting! I’ll be sure to tune in and will be cheering you on! :)

Barbara Bakes says:

I watched your video and I definitely want some! Good luck!

Leslie says:

Congrats girl!!! I have a feeling this is YOUR YEAR!!!!

carol says:

Congratulations Jenny! I’ll be sitting in my living room rooting for you. I love this show!!!

Shelby aka HoneyB says:

Awesome Jenny! I’ll be sure to watch the show! :)

Laura P. says:

I have to admit, I missed that show last season so I’ve never seen it before. But, I’ve seen the previews and have been super excited to see it. : ) That’s awesome that you were on last season and I’ll root for you all the way this season!

Meg says:

Good luck and Congrats! I love Guy!

Bunny says:

Jenny that’s wonderful!! You go girl!! We’ll all be rooting for you!!

Brooke says:

That’s so exciting! And your video is great! I’ll definitely be watching on Feruary 8th.

RecipeGirl says:

Good luck to you! Can’t wait to see it :)

Are you in CA yet?

Aria says:

How exciting! I didn’t know you were from Gilbert! My dad was in the Air Force so we lived in Gilbert for a couple years growing up. Maybe ’85-91-ish? I loved it there! :) Anyway… good luck! Can’t wait to hear more about the competition!

Dawn says:

awesome! good luck girl! did you make it to cali yet?

Suzanne says:

Hi Jenny,

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now!! I watched the show last season but had no idea that was you!! I’m going to set the dvr right now!! Good luck!!

Hi Everybody, Thanks for all of your good wishes. Yes, I am back in CA just as of late last night. Today is our official first day with the whole family. It seems like a beautiful day here!

Super Healthy Kids says:

Thanks for the heads up. I’m setting my DVR too. You are such an inspiration!! Keep it up and good luck.

creative one amanda says:

That is great! I will make sure I watch the show.

AliG says:

Congrats, that is so exciting. Good Luck!!

PaniniKathy says:

Best of luck to you, Jenny – I’ll be tuning in tonight!

Bob says:

Congratz Jenny! I wish I had cable so I could watch. I’ll have to get my brother to tape it for me. :)

Cristine says:

Congrats! Can’t wait to hear more about the show!

Sharon says:

Wow! So exciting :) I’ll keep my eyes out for the show. Can’t wait to see you!

Katrina says:

Already had the Ultimate show ready for the DVR, but had no idea you’d be on it! Awesome! Can’t wait to see it, especially the desserts (my fave!) What fun for you!
    Happy Settling In!

Kelli says:

Wow your voice is nothing like I imagined it to be– now I will read your posts with the correct “Jenny voice” in my head!

Good luck in the competition– I will be watchin and rootin for you!

Caitlin says:

I just stumbled across your blog and love it so far! I will definitely tune in Feb 8!!

Helene says:

I’m excited for you. Good luck.

We can’t watch it in Canada.

Marisa says:

Thanks for the heads up!!! I’m running downstairs right now to tivo it….hope I didn’t miss it already!

CookiePie says:

Congrats – can’t wait to see the show!!

Shelley says:

Congratulations Jenny! That’s awesome! Kim did a great job on your hair, you looked so pretty in your video.

Clumbsy Cookie says:

How cool is that Jenny!!! I wish I could see it, but we don’t have FN here in Portugal. Maybe I can catch it on youtube later? That’s really exiting! And so fun to watch your video!

Katherine Aucoin says:

Congratulations on being chosen Jenny and good luck. My fingers are crossed for you!

Catherine Wilkinson says:

Hey Jenny! Just saw comfort foods last night (wasn’t that Emily a cutie???) and love the new format…much better than last year, huh? Good luck!!! Can’t wait for your show!

Anne says:

Congratulations Jenny, that’s so exciting. I can’t wait to see it!

alexandra's kitchen says:

Congratulations! THat is so exciting. I can’t wait to watch you in action! What fun.

My crazy crazy life says:

OMGoodness…how exciting!! I hate that you don’t still live in Gilbert (that’s where I live), because I wanted to brag…hahaha. I do vacation in New Port Beach…does that count? have fun and I’m rooting for you!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun says:

I am so excited to get to watch it! I will be in AZ and my parents have cable – yeah! I saw your season one apperance at the hospital with my husband after his surgery. We were flipping through the channels and suddenly your face flashed accross the screen and so we watched. I hope you win!

ALISHA JOY says:

Can’t wait to see it. I watched last nights. My husband thought I was loosing my mind, ’cause I was so into it. I tried to explain that I follow some of these blogs, but that only made me seem crazier. Anyway, good luck and can’t wait to see it.

Allie says:

I’m so excited the show is finally showing! Best of luck and I’m sure you’ll be the cutest one on there!

DandL says:

Congrats…I’ll have to tune in! Good Luck!!

Rachelle says:

How exciting!! I’ll definitely tune in and watch! Can’t wait to see what you make, Good luck!!

-My Niece was just here over the Holiday visiting, and went to Disneyland, and saw Guy there! -jealous!-

Denissa says:

Good luck Jenny!! That is so exciting :)
    No matter what you’ll be the winner in my book, everything that I’ve tried of yours has been awesome!! Thanks for sharing your gift with us!

snbjork says:

How fun! I can’t wait to try those donuts! Good luck to you!!! I can’t imagine you NOT winning because there has yet to be a recipe of yours that I haven’t loved! Happy New Year!

Amy says:

YEAH JENNY!
    I hope you won!
    Watched the video, the doughnuts look so good. Can’t wait to try.

Aggie says:

Oh Jenny that is awesome!! I’m so excited for you!!

Alycat says:

I can’t wait to watch it!

Kara, Garrick, Rylee and Jadyn says:

Besf of luck! (although I guess technically it’s already over…right?) Anyway, I’m sure you did great, they look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your recipes, I’m tried and loved many of them!

ConversationsWithACupcake says:

Congrats!!!

Congrats and good luck! I can’t wait to see the show. Desserts are my fav!

PheMom says:

Good to know that you are going to be on again Jenny! That is awesome and well deserved. I can’t wait to watch.

Happy New Year to you and your family. I hope the move is treating you right!