Feb
2009

My Two Sweet Desserts From Ultimate Recipe Showdown!

Tags: , ,

Desserts

Even with with the outcome of the show not in my favor Sunday night, I will say that being on the show was the experience of a lifetime. Being in NYC and in the Food Network Studios is such a prize in itself and I’ll never forget it. Guy Fierri is exactly how he is on tv, so cool and down to earth.

All in all, both of my recipes turned out great while cooking on the show. My doughnuts are so much fun. I put a lot of TLC into creating that recipe and will treasure it for years to come. Do give them a try sometime. The peaches are a beautiful dessert as well, simple and delicious with only a few ingredients. It was great to hear comments from the judges, they only showed a few seconds of it on the show, but they spent a good 10 plus minutes talking with each of us. I was happy with what they said about both of my recipes.

Thanks for all of your thoughtful emails, comments and facebook notes. You all are wonderful. Are you ready to give the show a try this year? We’ve got just a couple weeks left to enter I highly recommend the experience to every one, you’ll have an amazing time! Check out Foodnetwork.com for all the details.

Hope you’ll all enjoy some pics and links for my recipes from the show.

Click HERE for my recipe, “Caramelized Roasted Banana Bread Doughnuts”

__________________________

Click HERE for my recipe, “Sweet Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Bean Mascarpone and Walnut Sugar”

Click HERE to see the FN Dish “Dessert” After show Video

See ya’ll soon! More comfort food coming right up!

Comments

Laura P. says:

I thought you did a great job. : ) You were *this* close! Maybe next time, right? : ) These recipes sound delicious!

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

I saw you on the show and you were great! I loved both of your recipes. Can’t wait for peach season!

Allie says:

You looked great on the show! I loved your food it looks to die for!

Krista Lou Cook says:

Great job on the show. I was thinking, man, they should have built you a little stage to stand on. That must have been hard to not be able to see into all your work!

carol says:

Jenny, you did a wonderful job on the show….Bob and I really thought you were gonna win the way they were going on about how they loved your 2nd dessert. Will you do it again next year?
    Your banana donuts look so good-my 2 grandsons would LOVE these-they’re the perfect size for little guys-and big guys (and gals) too. I can’t wait for fresh peach season here in the Northeast to try those peaches too…YUM!!!
    I’m sure you have some great stories and memories from the whole competition….we’re all so proud of you! You done GOOD!!! :)

Meg says:

My husband and I watched the show and you did awesome. I would have totally picked your desserts. Congrats on a job well done and having such an amazing experience.

Sara says:

I watched the show and was rooting for you the whole time! Both your desserts look so good, I can’t wait to try them!! You did a great job on the show and you didn’t look nervous at all. :)

Terah says:

you were AWESOME on the show! you looked FABULOUS and appeared so at home! your recipes, especially the doughnuts, ROCK!!! i’m a blogstalker of food blogs and love trying out your recipes! thanks for sharing and good luck in your future endeavors!!

Nicole says:

That is so awesome, congrats! Those desserts look wonderful and I will need to try them. Too bad I missed the show.

Bob says:

My brother forgot to tape it so I didnt get to see. :( I’m sorry you lost, but glad you had a good time! Both those desserts look awesome, I think I’ll make those peaches for Valentines day. :)

Emily says:

Jenny congrats again! Your recipes look d-lish! Have a great Valentines day!

Colleen says:

Wow congrats to being on the show! I am glad you had a good time!

Meghan says:

It was so much fun watching you on tv.
    I love that show & you were so robbed on the win but you got to go & be on & like you said that is good enough :>)

My dh kept asking me which one was my "friend" I said "See the chicky standing on the box! Her!"
    LOL

Good job on camera!
    Can't wait to try these.

Becky says:

I thought you did a great job! I thought you should have won! I can’t wait to try those donuts! And the peach dessert looks so good too!

Congrats!! You were awesome!! I loved the recipes you showcased!! You are truly a star!!!

The Inexperienced Foodie says:

I saw you on sunday they both looked really tasty you did a great job!

katskitchen says:

Bummer, I missed it! Hopefully I can catch a rerun! The doughnuts look AWESOME!

Helene says:

We can’t watch the show in Canada but you must have been excited to be there.

Amanda says:

I had a blast watching the show. I felt like I knew you. Anyway, I got my toffee… THANKS AGAIN. it was delish!

That Girl says:

I can’t decide which looks more delicious!

The Bertone's says:

I watched the show! I thought, it was great! I am so JEALOUS of you. I have loved Guy since he was on The Next Foodnetwork Star. Such an awesome experience. Congrats!

Carrian says:

I’m so excited to try these! My husband asked me to grab the recipe when you posted so both of us are excited!! Great job!

Live.Love.Eat says:

Regardless of the outcome you should be super proud of yourself. The 14 minutes I saw were great!!!!!

Bunny says:

I practically ran home from work Sunday night to see you on the show! You were fabulous! I loved both of your desserts! The judges said such wonderful things about them!

Melissa, Ryan and Addy says:

I saw you on that challenge show and I believe on another one before that. What an honor to be on a show like that! I thought you did a great job and your desserts looked amazing, especially the banana bread doughnuts! Thanks for sharing them here.

Shirla says:

I saw you on the show and thought you did a great job! I cant wait to try your desserts.

Katherine Aucoin says:

We watched Sunday night and I think you were terrific! I am biased and think you were the best! We were pulling for you. I can wait to try the doughnuts.

Tasty Trends says:

i didn’t get to see you …but congrats!! that is really great!

i absolutely love grilled peaches! they are so refreshing!

Dawn says:

Jenny I loved watching you. Sorry you didn’t win, but hey this is only the begining for you…plenty of contests and smackdowns for you to win Momma!

Jen says:

I thought you got ripped off, because you totally should have taken it for your doughnuts! I made my husband watch and he kept asking, “you know this girl?” to which I answered, “no, I just stalk her awesome food blog, and I feel like we are friends, but it is totally one sided!” You have cheerleaders you did not even know you had, keep up the great work! And, how are you so thin if you cook like you do???

My Sweet & Saucy says:

They look sooo good! What a fabulous experience!

Sharon says:

THanks for sharing these amazing recipes! I just watched the show after recording it on DVR and you were so adorable! I’m a 1/2 inch sorter than you so I felt for you! :)

Ashley says:

I just got to watch the show (I missed it on Sunday) and you did great! I can’t wait to make your banana bread donuts. They look amazing!

I laughed when they had to bring you a box. How tall are you? If I ever get on the show, I’ll have to do that too. lol

Anonymous says:

Save America, sign the petition to stop the Stimulus bill:

Jackson Wright Family says:

I just made these yesterday and they were sooo yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

CookiePie says:

Both of your recipes look amazing!!! Congrats!

Natalie says:

K funny story. My husband and I moved last week and I’ve been behind on my blogging. We were flipping through the TV the other night and came across Food Network (one of my faves!). I was like, “sweetie…I think that lady is on one of the blogs I follow”…I watched for a few minutes and wasn’t 100% sure and then I log on today and it was you! So cool! What an awesome opportunity! I will not be the last to know next time you’re on TV! Thanks for having your blog!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

I really wish I could have watched the show Jenny! I did watch the little video they had on the FN site. Your desserts are too cool, I’m in awe as for you didn’t win!

Alyssa says:

That is so cool! I don’t even know you, but I found your blog through a friends–just to have your own recipe on Food Networks website is awesome! Congratulations!

Shannon says:

Oh…I wish I would’ve seen this before it aired! I would’ve love to have watched it! HOW COOL!!!! Is it going to air again? let me know

MindyMac says:

I can not believe I have stumbled upon this blog! My kids are down for naps and I’m doing a little “blog stalking”, and somehow I found your site. I love Food Network, but have never seen URS before until the other night….when you were on! I thought your recipe for the banana bread donuts looked just incredible. Thank you so much for sharing that recipe! I’m still laughing at what a small “blog world” it is… Great job!

Jennifer says:

De-lurking to let you know that I made the drop doughnuts yesterday and they were sooo good. Even a day later the leftovers are wonderful.
    (And I only had 2 bananas and no cinnamon chips, and they were still fabulous!)

Kathleen says:

WOW! WAY TO GO ON THE SHOW!!!

I have a picky eater, I think I need to spend a little more time over here!

Alicia says:

WOW I didn’t realize that was you until now! AWESOME JOB! That is one of my favorite shows on tv!!

Jaime says:

wow those both look fabulous, jenny! sorry you didn’t win but even getting to the finals was a huge accomplishment!!

meagan says:

OMG that was YOU wow I am pretty new to your blog but I saw the show (I am such a foodNetwork addict, no realy I need a support group type of addict) and thought your doughnut recepie was the bees knees, I have been trying to recreate it for my husband and son and wow and I glad Stumble brought me to you!!!! Hehehehehehehe I am so excited now to explore your blog and see what other dealdly treats you have in there! You just got another fan!

Love them both. You are a star!

Tracy says:

Those grilled peaches look AMAZING. Great job!!

Michelle says:

OH YUM…the caramelized Banana Doughnut sounds so good!

Wow! The Caramelized Roasted Banana Bread Doughnuts look like they’re heaven on a plate! Yum!