Mar
2009

Apple Dippin’ Peanut Butter Cookies

Tags:

Cookies

Good Sunday morning! I am so excited to share this little gem of a cookie with you all today. One of my all time favorite flavor combinations is apples and peanut butter, alright just about anything with peanut butter is fantastic. It’s ridiculous the amount of peanut butter we go through in this house! I remember dipping apples with peanut butter as a kid and have recently introduced it to my little rugrats. They seem to love it as much as I do.

In celebration of my love for this mighty fine combo I created a cookie that is hands down Fabulous! Make sure you find yourself some Turbinado Sugar at your grocery store. It gives the best sweet little crunch to each bite. I’ve seen it in quite a few grocery stores, so look a little closer down the baking isle and pick some up for these cookies.

Next time you feel like making a batch of cookies, you gotta try these babies, just try not to eat all the dough so you have some cookies to make! Enjoy!

Apple Dippin’ Peanut Butter Cookies

1 stick softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 Cup vanilla flavored granola clusters
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup diced apples, about 1/4 inch, I used fuji

1/2 Cup turbinado sugar, or other sugar of choice to roll cookies in

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light mixed well. Beat in peanut butter until combined then add the egg and vanilla until well combined.

2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, granola, baking soda and salt. Slowly mix into the wet ingredients following the apples until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough, roll into sugar then place onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. With tines of a fork, press down slightly making an X on top of each cookie. Bake for 8-9 minutes, cookies should look somewhat soft inside when you take them out. Let cool/finish baking out of oven for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.

3. Grab some milk and dig in!

3 dozen cookies

Here’s to a great new week and great new recipes to come. See you soon!

Comments

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth says:

You can’t go wrong with the apple and caramel combo. I can’t wait to try these cookies!

Jennifer says:

APPLE peanut butter cookies! You are brilliant!!! I love putting peanut butter on apple as a snack!

Sophie says:

Oh how tasty! I remember dipping apples in pb as a little girl, it’s a genius idea to combine them into a cookie. :)

BaileysMommy says:

I made these cookies and put vanilla granola that had flaxseed in it, and boy were they delish! Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

koopermom says:

I can’t wait to try these! I am sooo excited about it I can’t even tell you!

Deanna says:

We are on Spring Break this week and I can’t wait to let my boys bake these. These look good enough to eat for breakfast.

The Inexperienced Foodie says:

those look so tasty.

Kevin says:

Those look and sound so good. What a great flavour combination!

penniesonaplatter.com says:

I made these this week for our small group and they were delicious! However, I noticed they must be eaten within a few hours or they get soggy. Did you have the same result?

koopermom says:

We made these this weekend, and they are delicious! They are very soft, and can get sort of soggy, so we just stuck them in the freezer and have been just grabbing them out a few at a time to eat! SO GOOD!!

Amanda Relph says:

Jenny, I LOVED these! Perhaps the most fabulous (and SOFT) peanut butter cookie I’ve ever tasted! Thanks!

[...] On my list for the month were these delicious apple peanut butter cookies I found here at Picky Palate. The whole family loved them. Especially Scott. I made mine extra large because I didn’t want [...]