Mar
2009

Naughty Little Cookies and Cream Banana Bread

Tags:

Breakfast and Brunch

Good Tuesday to you!

This is one of those recipes that is just going to make you happy. When I was putting it together last week, I just knew it would be a star. Sure enough I was right, it is just perfect. With a giant mouthful, my little 3 year old kitchen helper mumbled, “Mom, you make the best bread ever!” With this recipe, I’m not going to argue with him!

The Oreos get nice and soft, so you get little bites of chocolate cookie and sweet cream on top that is irresistible. It’s a combination that was really meant for each other. I am looking forward to you guys trying it and letting me know what you think.

Take a peek and give it a whirl!

Cookies and Cream Banana Bread

1 1/2 sticks butter
1 Cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
4 medium size ripe bananas (or 3 Large bananas)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
15 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces

1 Cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until well combined. Slowly beat in egg, bananas and vanilla until combined. Place flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Stir in Oreos until just combined.

2. Scoop dough into 16 very mini loaf pans or 2 bread pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Muffin tins would work great too. Bake for 28-35 minutes if you are using the mini pan or 45-55 minutes for the normal bread pan. Toothpick comes clean from center.

3. Whisk powdered sugar and cream in a medium bowl until a nice drizzling consistency is reached. Drizzle over top of each bread and serve. Makes 16 mini loaves or 2 full loaves.

__________________________________________

I leave you with my little helper enjoying some of the batter, I can’t blame the kid! Have a great rest of the week! See you soon with another tasty recipe!

Comments

crystalb says:

Made these as muffins last night! So easy and delicious! Who would have guessed that adding the cookies would be soooooooo good!

Batsheva says:

Wow-it’s so good that it made it’s way to Isreal and spreading all around with people who love baking!! :)
    Thanks!!

Toni Legates says:

Hi Jenny,
    This recipe sounds absolutely wonderful. I can no longer eat gluten but I simply love baking and sending care packages to the people I love. I think I’m going to try this one and instead of putting oreos in it. I’m going to swap them out for nutter butter cookies and play up the peanut butter banana Idea. Thanks for sharing.

Angelica Hedges says:

Oh my goodness, how do you come up with these ideas? I just baked your chocolate banana bread with the marshmallows, I can’t wait to try it.

kolagen says:

My relatives every time say that I am killing my time here at net,
    except I know I am getting experience all the time by
    reading such nice articles.

Becky says:

I had high hopes for this bread but it didn’t really work for me. First, this does not make 2 full size loaves. It made 2 loaves that were only 1 1/2″ high- I should have just put all of the batter into one pan. Second, the bread wouldn’t come out of the pan, I’m not sure why. I had to use a flexible spatula to get under the bread in order to release it. I think that perhaps a little more flour would be good in the recipe, as this batter was very thin/runny. It did taste good, but I’m not sure I’ll try this again. : (

daphne says:

can you tell me the amount of butter in grams please as i tried it and the result was quite greasy.