Aug
2009

Blondies With Chocolate And Peanut Butter Cookie Centers

Tags: , ,

Desserts

A couple of things here… 1st, quickly grab any leftover cookie dough from my last post and save it for these!! 2nd the lighting was horrific when I was photographing these blondies, so I appolagize for the mediocre pics.

Yum with a capital Y is all I can say here. As I was rummaging through my fridge yesterday, I noticed that I had a little cookie dough left over. As you can see from the pictures, I pressed little cookie dough pieces into these blondies and they are spectacular! What a perfect combination. A little bit of cookie and a little bit of blondie….I’m in heaven! Hope you’ll all enjoy!

Blondies With Chocolate And Peanut Butter Cookie Centers

¼ Cup butter

¾ Cup white chocolate chips

½ Cup sugar

¼ Cup brown sugar

1 Cup flour

½ teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

½ Cup white chocolate chips

2 eggs

2 Tablespoons sour cream

2 Tablespoons Turbinado sugar

Chocolate Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Cookie Dough (click link for recipe)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl until hot. Stir in ¾ Cup white chips until melted and smooth. In a large bowl add the sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and ½ Cup white chips. In a small bowl whisk the eggs and sour cream. Pour into the dry ingredient bowl along with the melted white chip mixture. Mix until just combined.

2. Pour into an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and press alternating 1/2 inch pieces of cookie dough into the blondies. Finish baking for an additional 15 minutes or until cooked through and just starting to turn golden around the edges. Let cool completely before digging in!

9 blondies

______________________________

Check out my Meet and Greet on “Or So She Says” blog. These ladies have a fabulous blog where you’ll find a daily dose of great ideas. Check em’ out!

Have a great new week! See you soon.

Comments

Denise says:

Jenny, these, of ofcourse look magnificent. I posted your last cookie on my blog. You should check it out.

Katrina says:

Awesome yumminess! Cookie dough is good in everything! Well, maybe not stew, but you know what I mean!

Miranda says:

These look incredible.
    You always have the best sweets.

I made a few of your cookies and they were huge hits at are kiddie playdates.

The Japanese Redneck says:

Another great looking post. That chocolate is making my mouth water.
    Ramona

Sara says:

Mmmmm! With all these delicious treats, how is it that you don't weigh 500lbs?! :) They look SO good.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged says:

Your blog is so amazing! I am redoing my kitchen right now, and don't have an oven, but my son and I have been going through choosing what recipes we want to try first!

Caitlin says:

These look delicious!

btw I was watching an old Food Network challenge the other night and my mom loved you on the episode. (it was the chicken one) I was like, "she has a blog!" haha

Mommy's Kitchen says:

Jenny those look so darn stinkin good. I love cookie dough so this is great.

Laura says:

Girl, all this peanut butter is going to be the death of me! These look fabulous.

Hess Fam says:

you know i'll be about 1 minute from your house in the next week or so, depressed about my nasty hospital food. what will it take to place an order with the P.P. herself?! will pay BIG BUCKS!!!

Maybe I'll just have to try this recipe in my 'nesting' state! Looks DELISH!

CookiePie says:

Oooooh – those look divine!!

Lynda says:

Addictive looking! You always have the the most drool worthy sweets!

StuffCooksWant says:

WOW! Those look amazing and I wish you'd stop it. Not really. I've gotta make these first. Great idea for us peanut butter lovers.

Nutmeg Nanny says:

Oh these look amazing! I love seeing the chocolate running down the sides of the cookie…yum!

Karine says:

MmM peanut butter and chocolate.. always such an amazing combination! Your blondies look great!

Mini Baker says:

MMMM i’m definitely going to be trying this recipe out tonight! Thanks for sharing! You’ve got a great blog!
    Happy Baking,
    Mini Baker

Christy says:

O.M.G. Those look absoultely divine!! Excuse me while I go make a grocery store run!

dana says:

Great blog you have! Found you through the Spotted contest. I’m in the creative section. These blondie/pb are seriously too die for. Well…I’ll take your word for it since I can only drool from my computer screen.