Sep
2009

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars!

Tags: ,

Desserts

IMG_3926smpicnikPP

Good Thursday!

Phew what a week, school started Tuesday for the boys and we are all still trying to get used to the new schedules.  The earlier bedtime has been the trickiest.  I have to admit, it’s been 7 years since I’ve had 4 hours to myself in the mornings.  I hardly know what to do with myself, ok that was a joke.  It’s great and I’m finding plenty to do.   Crazy how fast 4 hours fly by!

Once September hits, I seem to go into “Fall” mode.  I LOVE Fall decorating, the rich colors and all the wonderful comfort foods it brings.  These simple little Fall cookie bars are ooey gooey and “appley” delicious with warm soft caramel oozing off the sides.   Hope you all enjoy!

IMG_3918picnik.jpeg

IMG_3919picnik.jpeg

IMG_3930picnik.jpeg

IMG_3954picnik.jpeg

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars

3 Tablespoons melted butter

3 Cups Golden Graham Cereal, ground in food processor

1 Roll Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough or 2 pkgs Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Dough Mix prepared and divided into 2 equal parts

8 oz softened cream cheese

1/4 Cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

21 oz can apple pie filling

1.5 oz package Nature Valley Oats N’ Honey Crunchy Granola Bars (2 count), crushed (I use a rolling pin to crush them right in the bag before opening)

9.5 oz Kraft Caramels

1/2 Cup half and half

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Combine melted butter and ground cereal into a large bowl; press into an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.  Crumble half of the cookie dough over partially baked crust.

2.  Place cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into a mixer; beat until smooth.  Pour over crumbled cookie dough layer.  Bake for 25 minutes then remove from over.  Top with 3/4 of the apple pie filling (I chose to just add part, but you can add the whole can if desired).  Next top with remaining cookie dough, breaking off into little pieces evenly over top.  Sprinkle with crushed granola bars and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.   Let cool completely then cut into squares.  Melt caramels and half and half according to package directions.  Drizzle over each bar.  Refrigerate leftovers.

9 squares

__________________________________

Picnik collagepicnik.jpeg

I’ll leave you with my little goof balls on their first day of school pics!

Have a wonderful rest of the week!!  Come back soon for more cookin’!

Comments

amy says:

this looks absolutely amazing!!!

These sound amazing, omg! I am making these without a doubt! I love the Golden Grahams crust, great idea!!

Molly says:

These look great, Jenny! I love anything apple cinnamon. I’m the same way about Fall decorating and cooking. I’ve been stocking up on Fall decorations and candles all summer long! Can’t wait to bust them out.

VeggieGirl says:

SOOO luscious-looking!

Perfect for Fall… these look SO good!!

Your boys are precious Jenny!

dawn says:

Oh man oh man girl these look to die for. I would love one or four with my boring morning coffee right now.

Jessica says:

YUM!!! You make the most delicious-looking, ooey gooey desserts. I’m not really a fan of apple desserts, but I have to try this. It looks too good! And your boys are adorable!

Katrina says:

These look great! Love the caramel.
    Cute boys!

First of all, your boys are so cute! Secondly, that caramel is making me drool!!!
    Happy Baking :)
    -Mini Baker

Joycee says:

I am in Fall mode too. These are on the list for the weekend! The boys look so cute…

Ramona says:

Wow those sure a decadent looking. Awesome.
    Ramona

HoneyB says:

Looks delish! Love the pics of your boys! :-)

Killer combination! So mouthwatering! Already stumbled.
    Btw I guess you need to check and clean your inbox at StumbleUpon. It gives an error message of “inbox full” when we leave a message on your stumble note.

Cheers,
    Banu

I need to bust out some fall treats. These look wonderful!

Bridgett says:

Oh my…I need to go work out just after looking at these. How delicious! My husband would adore these with the apple.

patsyk says:

Jenny – these look amazing! Looks like your boys had a great 1st day of school!

Crystal says:

Looks absolutely amazing, but I know these would not be good for my waistline. I’m tempted to make them this fall for a great treat. Maybe around Halloween.

So mouthwatering! Really they’re gorgeous :)

Cheers!

Gera

These photos are fabulous! I personally prefer to make my own sugar cookie dough. But, when there is a time crunch, this recipe would hit the spot!

Jeff Blackwell says:

Dear Zen:

I’ll try your “summer breeze”. I’m a sucker for citrus. I’m also interested in the guitar behind you, in your picture. I’m a beginning cook and starting guitar lessons. Can you give me any info? Thanks.

Yen says:

its official. i need to make these stat!

Valerie M. says:

How creative—as always! I have some apples here that aren’t looking so good to eat fresh now when I could use them in these.

[...] Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars! from Picky Palate by Jenny [...]

Ha! We both posted ooey gooey things today! these look awesome!!

Steph says:

Oh, these look ridiculously delicious! And Kraft sells caramel bits in a bag by the chocolate chips. That way you don’t have to unwrap anything.

CaSaundra says:

These look like they require a bit of effort–but totally worth it! I’ve always been curious as to how you get your recipes? Do you create them all yourself?!

SARAH! says:

wow those look so good!

What font did you use for the header of the caramel apple cookie bar?! It’s so cute and festive!

mmmmmmmm send those my way.

Meghan says:

Wow! You had me at the title, but your pictures are amazing! That caramel looks incredible – love everything about these! I’m soooo excited for fall. We are going apple picking next weekend – I know what I’m making! :)

Lynda says:

These look amazing-very drool worthy cheesecake! And it’s bookmarked!

There is a local food warehouse that sells something like this, and they are sooo good. Can’t wait to try out this recipe!

This is my kind of ooey gooey dessert!

Anne says:

Arrrrrggghhhhhhh – I want some, they look divine, I neeeed some and I live in France. I can’t get the ingredients and don’t even know what most of them are. What am I going to do???????

This looks awesome. Allrecipes has an Autumn Cheesecake recipe that rocks. I always make it around this time a yr.

This recipe remind me off that. Flavorful and screaming Fall.

Carol says:

Oh my…………….those scream fall…….and these 4 words…….
    There goes the diet!!!!!

That’s OK…there’s always next week.
    I can’t wait to try these, Jenny.

leslie says:

making these this weekend, thanks for the recipe!

CookiePie says:

Those look amazing – and I love that they have Golden Grahams in them!!

Monica H says:

I don’t love caramel on it’s own, but with apples, that’s a whole other story.

These look fantastic!

peabody says:

Wow! Those look incredible. They have so many things I love going on at once.

Oh Jenny these bars couldnt scream Fall anymore! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!! They look amazing, i am saving this recipe to try soon! Yours boys are just too cute, they look super excited about school.

OMG! I am already a fan of caramel apple pecan cheese cake! I love your idea for the crust. LOL Refrigerate the leftovers???!!!! In my house? You are kidding right? leftovers? What leftovers?

Xiaolu says:

Okay – I’m seriously wiping the drool off my desk. So perfect for fall, too!

Laura says:

Oh my! Those look so tasty. I wish I could grab one right now and eat it!

Sues says:

These are what I imagine heaven to look like :) Seriously… they look so delicious!!

katzes says:

i think those cheezecake cookies look just delish .

Christine says:

I’m making these NOW. They look amazing and combine all of my favorite things — cream cheese, apples, caramel — Awesome!

Trillonario says:

wow, that looks very tasty! :)

Dale Bertrand says:

Web browsing never looked so tasty. Thanks for posting this.

Polly says:

These. Were. Amazing. I made them yesterday for our bible study group. You should’ve seen their eyes bulge when I told them to drizzle the caramel on top. I doubled everything, and put it in a 9×13 pan. Seriously, heaven on a plate. Thanks for the awesome recipe!

Jessica says:

OH.MY.GOODNESS!
    Totally gonna make these!

Kami Jensen says:

Wow that recipe looks fab-u-lous!!