Good Monday morning!!
So apparently I’m on some Hershey Kiss kick, can’t stop buying them! I picked up another bag at Target, but this time the Mint Truffle kind. Oh man, this one is equally as good as the others! The options were endless as to what I could do with that bag of kisses, but I decided on a minty chocolaty biscotti that was incredible!! I have to admit, since I’m not a coffee drinker I typically only enjoy biscotti in the winter months when I drink hot chocolate like a mad woman. Looking forward to dipping it tonight with our hot chocolate!! Can’t wait.
Pretty basic recipe. You make your dough like typical cookie dough, form it into a giant log, bake it, cool it, slice it, re-bake the slices and voila you are ready!
The next few weeks are going to be crazy, I’m sure for you all too. Trying to finish up Christmas shopping and keeping up with all the school festivities! Can’t wait to get back with our family in AZ! What a fun time of year :) Hope you’ll all enjoy some fab biscotti during your holidays!!
Here are those dreamy little kisses I was talking about. Look for the mint green bag….creamy mint truffle filling inside, dark chocolate on the outside, does it get any better?!
Wrap them up with a bow and they make great gifts for your family and friends. These will be going to the boys teachers today
Chocoholic Mint Truffle Kissed Biscotti
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
- 10 oz bag Hersheys Mint Truffle Kisses, unwrapped and halved
- 1 Cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined, scraping sided to incorporate all ingredients. Place flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add to wet ingredients following with the chocolate chips and kisses. Mix on low until just combined. Transfer to a large baking dish lined with a silpat liner or parchment paper. Form into a long log, approx 4 inches wide, press dough to about 1 inch in thickness. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes. With a serrated knife, carefully cut biscotti into slices on the bias about 1 inch thick. Place slices onto baking sheet and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove and let cool completely, at least 20 minutes or until nice and crispy.
- Melt chocolate over a double broiler or carefully melt in microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth and melted. Dip tips or drizzle chocolate over entire surface of biscotti then sprinkle with sprinkles of choice. Let chocolate harden on wax paper then enjoy with your favorite cup of hot chocolate!!
Servings: Approximately 16 slices of biscotti
Have a great new week, see you soon with more Christmas goodies
Before you go, help my friend Michaela win the Ile de France Contest! Click HERE and give her yummy recipe a 5 star rating. It only takes 2 seconds. Thanks friends!!