May
2010

Fluffernutter Cookies, 3 Ingredients!

Tags: , ,

Cookies

Phew, what a whirlwind this week has been!  I need one of these cookies while I unpack!  More about my trip later, we’ve got to talk cookies!

Seriously, wait until you try this recipe.  I am literally talking 3 ingredients and about 5 minutes of prep before they are in the oven!  Woo Hoo!

I have had this idea in my head for over a week now and had NO idea how they would turn out.  Peanut butter and marshmallow are 2 of my favorite ingredients so I had to play around with a cookie!  Come to find out they are awesome!  My oldest said, Mom these are the best cookies in the whole world!  Ok I wouldn’t go that far, but for as easy as they are…yes they are super yummy!

Grab a tall glass of milk and treat the family to these way too easy and oh so fun cookie gems!  Hope you all enjoy :)

Yes, you heard me right….3 ingredients!  Peanut Butter, marshmallow cream and a Large Egg :)

Mix, mix, mix

Ready to bake!

Bake 12-15 minutes

Fluffernutter Cookies

1 Cup creamy peanut butter

1 large egg

1 cup marshmallow cream

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl mix the peanut butter and egg until well combined with a spoon.  Slowly stir in the marshmallow cream until just combined.  You want to see the marshmallow cream not fully incorporated, almost like swirled through.  With a small-medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until baked through.  Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.  Definitely grab some milk with these bad boys and Enjoy!!

about 18 cookies

____________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!  Stay tuned for pictures of my trip and as always new recipes!!

Comments

cleawalford says:

I love easy recipes and these cookies look great.

megan says:

My daughter loves to make the flourless PB cookies but with mm cream? Cant wait to try these!

Monica says:

I couldn’t wait to try theses, but they didn’t work too good. I used the same silpat as you did, skippy pb, egg and fluff. They spread out a lot, and the consistency was strange when you bit into them. It seemed like something might be missing, like a bit of flour??? Not sure what went wrong. Was hoping they were as good as they looked! Can’t wait to try some of your others, like the chocolate peanut butter cookies! Thanks!

ingrid says:

Those are pretty interesting.
    ~ingrid

Westmonster says:

As soon as I saw these I knew I’d be making them tomorrow after work! I hope they turn out ok, since I, too, am going to use a dark cookie sheet. BUT I have a blue silpat liner, so maybe I’ll be fine. I’ll let you know. ;)

Westmonster says:

Soooooo… I did make them yesterday after work, and they did go reeeeeally flat. I like flat cookies, so yeah, they did turn out ok. :)

• Westmonster says:

Oh, I forgot to ask: Did you use a spoon or a whisk (or electric mixer) to mix the batter? I used a spoon, maybe that “helped” with the going flat??

• Jenny says:

Hi there, I just used a spoon :). I’m trying to figure out why the cookies are coming out flat for so many people. I just made another batch Sunday and they turned out great. As soon as I can figure it out I’ll share any info I can :)

Bennance says:

OMG, these look amazing. I can’t wait to make them.

Do you think you could also make something similar with nutella instead of PB?

I am going to be having fun baking today. Thank you!

Katrina says:

I have all those awesome Target plates, too!

I just made these. Some of them spread quite a bit and some of them look just like yours. I did use Skippy Natural (so less sugar, no added oils), probably made the difference. But they are good and are certainly going to get eaten, if not by the boys, by me! ;)

kristine says:

those cookies look amazing!!! i gotta try them! your site is adorable!!!! i’m a newbie with blogging so I’m always lookin around for inspiration!!! keep up the great work!

Shannon says:

I just tried these and mine came out flat as well. I will definitely give them another try though.

[...] about the cookies: They don’t exactly look like the ones in the original recipe. They look more like actual cookies, the way I personally understand cookies. Flat. Unlike actual [...]

Jamie says:

You come up with the coolest recipes! My daughters need to make this one.

Chris says:

I honestly didn’t believe that cookies could be done with 3 ingredients so I HAD to try these as soon as I came on it on StumbleUpon. THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!! Make sure you have a glass of milk ready though because you will need it. Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks for sharing Chris!! I’ve been so nervous with people telling me their cookies didn’t turn out and I can’t for the life of me figure out why! So glad they worked for you. My kids and I gobble them up, can hardly wait for them to cool :) Thanks again !

[...] to make these, a clever and glamorous cookie originally from Picky Palate (home of the recipe for Fluffernutter Cookies, a secret fantasy of mine that I promise you I will be baking before the week is [...]

Chrissy says:

I love these! So easy! And i even added mini-chocolate chips! YummmmY!

ransomedbyfire says:

For those of you who don’t have access to marshmallow fluff, you could try the recipe for it posted at http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Fantastic-Marshmallow-Fluff-Clone-75813. You probably have all the ingredients for it, and it looks easy.

Awesome! Not only do they look great but they are GLUTEN FREE! Thanks for sharing.

Sharon says:

Yummy.. the only thing that could make these any better is chocolate. Maybe I’ll try drizzling with or dipping these in chocolate the next time.

Thank you for a great idea!!

Joyce says:

Oh my God! Fluffernutter but in cookie form! Genius I say! Looks fabulous. I am making these this wknd for sure. Hello!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it wrong that I want to make these solely for the name? Good, I didn’t think so ^_^

Ok – just discovered your blog and you are killing me with all of these magnificent cookies! I LOVE how easy these are – you will always have the ingredients lying around to make them! And the salt on those chocolate chunk looks like heaven! xxSAS

David says:

To help stop the spreading, you can chill the cookie dough before dropping it on the cookie sheet and baking it.

I am so happy to have found your blog. These look so yummy – with Memorial Day Weekend right around the corner I think these might be the perfect treat! ox

Jan says:

My husband and I just made these. We had problems making sure the marshmallow fluff didn’t mix in all the way, so they ended up looking light brown instead of swirly. When they came out, they were really gooey… but they tasted really good!

Amber says:

Yummy! Just wanted to let you know that I used a regular baking sheet with parchment paper and natural peanut butter and they turned out great! Plus I’m at high altitude, so that’s not always the case. Can’t wait for my hubby to try these!

I’ll bet these are so good! mmmm!

~ calista ~ says:

I made these tonight for my son’s kindergarten teacher as a thank you/last day of school gift. They are delicious!!! Thanks for posting :-}

Chelsea says:

I need you to know— YOU SAVED ME WITH THESE COOKIES!
    My son is on the GFCF diet (no gluten & no casein=milk) These have none of that in them, and they are actually YUMMY!!!!! This is the first cookie I have made that tasted like a treat and wasn’t grainy (that’s what the Gluten Free box mixes taste like, grainy…
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THESE! And of course, if you know more amazing GFCF recipes… share! (not that you knew that these were GFCF, but they rock! Again, thank you!)

diana says:

i made these tonight and they burned on the bottom and didn’t fully cook. what the heck did i do wrong?? i put them on parchment paper… epic fail and with only 3 ingredients c:

Sarah says:

My mouth waters every time I look at these cookies. I can’t wait to make them!

Sarah says:

Yum! I’m going to make ‘em with Nutella and see what happens.

Margo says:

I have not heard of fluffernutters since leaving New England! I was introduced to them as a sandwich (also 3 ingredients)while living there, but I had never thought of making a cookie out of the combination. They look so easy – easy cookies are good!

[...] Fluffernutter Cookies, 3 Ingredients! | Picky Palate to get the recipe and look around for more tasty goodness. [...]

brittany says:

i threw in a few chocolate chips for fun. my kids that i nanny for LOVED them. thank you for sharing your treats with us

Margaret says:

I do this all the time, but just substitute sugar for fluff… cheaper and easier!

[...] Chipsters from Two Peas and Their Pod Peanut Butter Chip Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod Fluffernutter Cookies, 3 Ingredients from Picky Palate Fluffernutter Cupcakes from The Novice Chef [...]

beth h says:

i made these..they were so good..but i HAD to have some chocolate in them..so i chopped up some reeses stix..omgosh..heavenly!! <3 thank you for the recipe!

[...] foods either!) I got today’s Baking Monday recipe from Picky Palate, the boys tried Flutternutter cookies 3 ingredients…eggs, peanut butter and whipped marshmallow stuff. I don’t think it took [...]

[...] Risotto French Bread Pizza (another of J’s favorites) Pepperoni Pizza Puffs Snickerdoodles Fluffernutter Cookies (must drink milk!) Cinnamon pies Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars (amazing) Snickers [...]

Megan says:

Aw man, I tried these tonight, and…total failure. It was probably user error (I’m new to this whole…cooking/baking thing) but my cookies turned out flat and burny. I also tried to mix in Nutella, because hey, -chocolate-.

I bet they turn out just fine if you don’t leave them in the oven too long (derp), but mine were totally messed up. Maybe I’ll try again some other time.

In the meantime, I’ll get my sweets fix by having some of my frozen yogurt.

christine says:

okay mine came out flat too! i think i need to decrease the marsh to the pb ratio. I did add mini chocolate chips. YUM!

Jane says:

Wait a second…three ingredients? How is that possible? I think this is a great recipe for teaching smaller children how to cook. You can be very simple and still provide an amazing product. Thanks for sharing!

Brooke says:

Jenny, I just made these using the same baking equipment as you, but mine also turned out spreading quite a bit. Do you think it could be caused by overmixing (Mine aren’t as marbled as yours) or maybe the egg ratio (too much or too little)? I’m just curious. I’m sure my kids will still eat them! ;)

Meredith says:

These are great :) Mine also spread out quite a bit, but I figured they would since I just used a plain ol’ non-stick baking sheet with no SilMat or parchment paper. I’ll probably add some chocolate chips next time too sweeten them up, but I’m definitely keeping this recipe in my arsenal :)

[...] Favorite easy baking project: Fluffernutter Cookies [...]

[...] Pleasure: Making Fluffernutter Cookies! [...]

These look awesome! I don’t have fluff though and never seen it in my stores…is there an alternative?

[...]  All sorts of overloaded cookie recipes by The Picky [...]

Ruth Mclucas says:

Going to have to try these !

looks so delicious and yummy.
    i have to check the fat and calories on marshmallow cream.