Jun
2010

Giant S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Cookies

Happy Monday friends :)  Summer has “officially” started for us, this is the first official day off of school and we are spending it in sunny AZ with my family!  I must say despite the wicked heat, I am thrilled to be spending time in AZ :)

Before I left CA, I whipped up a batch of these awesome cookies!!  Remember those S’mores Stuffed Brownies from a few weeks ago?  Well, I had all the ingredients still hanging around my pantry so I thought I’d try my luck with a giant s’mores cookie.  So glad I did, this flavor combination just does NOT disappoint!  Don’t have a muffin top pan yet?  No worries, here is the exact one I use here on my Amazon Store :)

So, take a peek then grab the kiddos and bake some cookies :)  Hope you enjoy!!

Another muffin top pan recipe….have I mentioned that I LOVE this pan?!!

Giant S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup packed light brown sugar

3/4 Cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

4 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips

3 regular size Hershey’s Chocolate Bars

3 Full Graham Crackers

5-6 Large Marshmallows cut into fourths

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place butter and sugars into a stand or electric mixer; beat until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2.  Place flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.  Mix until just combined.  Scoop a heaping 1/4 Cup of cookie dough into muffin top pan cups.  Press down then gently press chocolate bar squares, graham cracker pieces and marshmallow slices on top of cookie dough.  Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are just turning brown.  Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.  Serve with milk and enjoy :)

**Note, this recipe may also be done without the muffin top pan.  Just flatten out your cookie dough slightly onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and press your s’mores toppings over the dough**  You can purchase those fun muffin top pans at TJ Maxx Home Goods if you are lucky, Sur La Table, Bed Bath and Beyond and of course you can google it as well!!

Makes 18 LARGE cookies from the muffin top pan

_______________________________________________

Happy Cookie Baking, these are sooo yummy :)  See you soon!

Comments

Jill says:

I made these last night in the muffin top pans… they turned out fabulous! My co-workers are raving about them this morning

Lorie says:

I love these cookies. I made them last night but I didn’t have graham crackers so I used Teddy Grahams in place of the graham crackers. They turned out really cute.

[...] Pie (Simply Recipes) Fourth of July Cake (The Pioneer Woman) Fourth of July Cupcakes (Baking Bites) Giant S’mores Cookies (Picky Palate) Lemon-Limoncello Cupcakes (Brown Eyed Baker, pictured above) Lemon Raspberry Bars [...]

Sarah says:

The muffin pan trick is awesome and these look so, so good. Bookmarking these right now; I think they will be a hit at the picnic we are having the day after my sister’s wedding, which is coming up. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the AZ heat!

Amanda says:

I went on a s’mores-themed baking binge last night–while your S’mores stuffed brownies were in the oven, I realized that half the ingredients for the cookies were already out anyway, the oven was already heated, and I had a new muffin top pan to break in, so I mixed up the cookie batter for these. The muffin top pan is wonderful and is great for making sure that all the cookies cook evenly. The cookies are tasty too, and now I have 2 batches of treats for the holiday weekend! Yummy. Thanks for the great recipes!

seriously those are amazing!!!

Ali Cakes says:

I am convinced. These look sooooo good, I need to bake these for next week.

Oh no…I actually started drooling. What madness is this? Where are my marshmallows…

Allison says:

These look so delicious! We had a YM/YW bonfire at the beach last week and I only got one smore and it left me wanting more!! Can’t wait to make these! Oh, and you can get muffin top pans on Amazon for $15 or less!! :)

Laurie Figone says:

I can’t wait to make these…..YUM YUM YUM

Sharlene says:

I think I have to invest in a muffin top pan now. The giant cookies look so good!!

Natalie says:

These were awesome. I was a little nervous at first because the dough was a little drier than my chocolate chip recipe, but I have loved all you stuff so not too worried. Once you take a bite with all the yummy s’more stuff. yum yum! We will eat them tonight watching the fireworks.

Stefanie says:

I got a little bit of drool on my keyboard.

DEBBIE ROBINSON says:

I MADE THESE FOR A OFFICE PARTY LAST FRIDAY AND THEY WERE THE HIT OF THE WHOLE PARTY. PEOPLE SAW THEM IN MY OFFICE AND WANTED THEM FOR BREAKFAST. OUT OF THAT I COULD HAVE SOLD 10 MUFFIN TOP PANS IF I HAD THEM!!!!

Oh my gosh – I loved the s’mores brownies and ate practically the entire recipe myself! I can only imagine what I’d do to this recipe – YUMM! A must try for sure!

Megan says:

I made these today, they are amazing! Thanks Jenny! I am so excited to experiment with this muffin top pan. You have such great ideas!

Lisa says:

Has anyone tried making them as bars?

scrappy buttons says:

I made these cookies…….Hubby shared them with co workers…..I am in good standing with all the guys now …….they loved them

Kara says:

I love these and so does everyone I have made them for! We actually almost had a throw down at work the first time I made them!

I have made them as a bar pan cookie too, which works well. I used mini marshmallows for that and threw a bunch extra on top. I know a muffin to pan is on my must have Christmas list this year!

Thanks, great recipes!

[...] found these on another food blog. I hope to be able to add pictures next weekend. Got a new camera that I was testing this weekend, [...]

Pretty element of content. I simply stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to claim that I acquire in fact loved account your weblog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing for your augment or even I achievement you get admission to constantly fast.

[...] Giant S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate.  Would someone please make me these? Image from Picky Palate [...]

Shannon says:

I made these yesterday for the 5th time for my 3 male best friends… I doubled the recipe and they finished them already! I just wanted to let you know how much they loved them, and how happy it makes me to be able to bake them something so yummy! Thanks for the great recipe… I’m sure that I’ll get many more requests for these in the future!

Allison says:

These were DELICIOUS. I just now made them, tasted them, and they are just great. Definitely going to make these again.

Audree Lytle says:

These look yummy! Are the chocolate chips semi-sweet or milk chocolate?

[...] Giant S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate (One time a friend made these for my sister and she couldn’t stop eating them.  Her husband got one of them and asked if there were more and she lied and said her friend had only given her two.  Hahahaha.  Apparently my “issues” run in the family.) [...]

[…] Brulee Chocolate & Peanut Butter S’mores S’mores Bars S’mores Shake Giant S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies Chocolate S’mores Cupcakes White Chocolate S’mores Gooey Cake Bars S’mores […]

Birdie says:

Your recipe says 4 cups of flour? Is that accurate? Most cookie recipes I know ask for less flour. Just for future references.