Dec
2010

Brownie Covered Oreos

Tags:

Cookies

Can it really be December 6th?  I LOVE this time of year, but wish it would SLOW down just a little!  Mama’s got lots of shopping to do still :)

To help the you in the kitchen this Holiday Season I have whipped up an ULTRA simple cookie that is not only the cutest little thing I’ve seen but is absolutely delicious!  I mean come on, can’t you just imagine how good oreos wrapped in fudgy brownies are?  Well lucky for you this recipe only involves a couple ingredients and is done in record time!

These will be so cute on any Christmas plate or cookie exchange, have fun and enjoy!!

Can you even stand how cute these are?  I can’t :)

Here’s your line up.  Don’t worry if you can’t find the Holiday Oreos, any ol’ Oreo will do :) ….and if you can’t find the icing writer by Wilton, feel free to melt white chocolate to drizzle on top.

Whip up your brownie mix….

Time to dip!  Yes, your hands will get messy….the more for you to lick :)

Place your dipped Oreos in muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray.  Here is the exact muffin pan I used.

Drizzle with icing, sprinkle and you get these little cuties!  Wait until you take a bite, the Oreo gets kind of cake like…mmmm!

Brownie Covered Oreos

• 1 Brownie mix (or use your own brownie recipe)
  • 1 package Oreos, I used the Holiday ones
  • White chocolate, melted for drizzle, or Wilton White frosting pen works great
  • White nonpariels Sprinkles

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare brownie batter according to package directions.  Leave in mixing bowl.  Dip Oreos in brownie batter then place in bottom of cupcake tins that have been generously sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, until brownies are cooked through (doesn’t take long).  As soon as you remove, take a plastic knife and run along edges, (this is VERY important so you get the cookie out with brownies not stuck to pan :)
  2. Let cool for 5 minutes, remove drizzle with melted white chocolate or the Wilton White icing pen, sprinkle with nonpariels and EAT!  Enjoy :)

Makes entire package of Oreos

1. **Some are having a hard time getting theirs to look just like mine, so here is the exact muffin pan I used.  Apparently all muffin pans are shaped different!!

____________________________

Happy Baking!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Callie says:

Did you mix up your brownies cake-like or fudge-like?

patsyk says:

Great idea!! I love these little surprise brownie bites! Yum!

Yanely says:

This looks sooo good!!!!!!! Quick question, Did you bake the entire package of Oreos at the same time or 12 at a time? Please let me know I really want to make this!! :)

Vicky says:

I saw these from Tastespotting (though I do have your website bookmarked for regular viewing) and knew I had to make them. So I went to the store and bought the holiday mint Oreos. I did not use a boxed brownie mix, I used my never fail crazy rich and wonderful brownie recipe, and man were these AMAZING. (No chocolate drizzle or sprinkles needed.) They’re so rich we could only really eat one or two. I brought some in for my co-workers and they all raved about them too!

Andrea Thompson says:

Made these today and they turned out perfect just like the picture. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!

[...] …win people over with food.  Especially when your food is this: [...]

Angela says:

I’m definitely making these this weekend! Any idea how long they’ll keep? I’d like them for a party Sunday and was going to make them tonight, but I wasn’t sure if I should hold off a little longer to keep the Oreo from getting soft…

Kelli says:

Just made these today, and tried using Keebler Chips Deluxe Original Cookies, and gingersnaps in addition to the Oreos. YUM! I couldn’t decide which I liked best; the Oreos or the Chips Deluxe. What a fun recipe!

Rachel says:

I made these tonight. The main issue I had was that my brownie batter (Betty Crocker from a box) was REALLY thick. Yours looks more runny, based on the pictures. So my brownie coating was pretty thick around the oreo, I couldn’t just “dip” the oreo in the batter, I had to coat it on. So that’s why I think the batter rose a lot more and the end product was shaped more like a muffin instead of a covered oreo, like yours were. Idk, haha :)

I did the same thing one other reader suggested, which was to just turn the muffin tin upside down, and they just fell right out.

Thanks!

Kaitlin says:

I just put mine in the oven and came back to look at the recipe to make sure I had done everything right and had the time right and realized that I used the Betty Crocker box, too, and the batter was SUPER thick. It was hard to “dip” the Oreos. I think next time I’ll add an extra egg and some more oil and water to thin it out a bit because it was so thick!

Tara says:

I just popped these into the oven. However, now I’m kind of worried because I looked at the link you posted for your muffin pan which shows a regular 12 cup muffin pan but after looking closely at your photographs, it’s a mini-muffin pan that you used. Bummer. I hope they still turn out ok.

Rachelle says:

Cami brought these to book club and they were amazing! You’ve done it again :)

Bekah says:

I just made them with the peppermint Oreos… they’re a little piece of heaven. My kids LOVED to help make them and EAT them!

leslie says:

What a genius idea Jenny!

Robyn says:

Mine tasted yummy, but they would not come out of the pan. The less batter I used the better. I don’t mind the cupcake look to them so I think I would just use paper liners next time.

Oh my goodness…that’s it. I think I’m going to make these next. My husband would love them!

Rikki Morrell says:

I am planning on making these wonderful treats..but I am having the hardest time finding the Winter Oreos. I know I can use the other types but I really like the way the red looks. Where did you find your Oreos?

Shan says:

Brilliant! I’ve put Oreos in brownies before, so can’t imagine why I didn’t ever consider doing it this way. But this totally works. Mine did look more like little brownie muffins for the most part, but I can deal w/ that. I used the mint Oreos, and I totally melted when I ate the first one. This is the total bomb!

Mandy says:

I made these…and they exceeded my expectations.. Out of this world yummy…and super easy!!

Melissa says:

Just made these tonight! SOOO good! Mine don’t look EXACTLY like yours, but they’re still cute enough! :) I put a pic on my blog if you wanna see! Thank you thank you! They’re delish! You are genius! :)

[...] much as i want to, i can’t take credit for the idea. it came from jenny over at picky palate. it’s been sort of sweeping the interwebs by storm. or, maybe it’s just gone viral with [...]

Amy says:

My friend & I are making these now, and although they taste DELICIOUS, they don’t look anything like the picture. Is your muffin pan regular sized? We clicked on your link, & it looks like a standard-sized muffin pan. Are you shaking off as much excess brownie batter as you can? How are you getting them so thin? We’re just trying to understand how you’re getting such a tight, cookie shape with your final product! They’re really yummy, though ~ ours just don’t look as cute!!

Jessie says:

Thanks for the recipe! I used it for a cookie exchange and I won Best All Around Cookie! I actually used peppermint oreos (from Aldi) and used white chocolate and crushed candy canes for the topping. They turned out awesome! I’m definitely going to try with regular though.

Heather J. says:

Followed the directions exactly and still had a really tough time getting them out of the pan. The few I managed to save were pretty good though.

Sadie says:

I made these this past weekend for an party and I was delighted by the turn out! Thanks for another great recipe. I posted your recipe on my blog.

Sue Stanley says:

How well do you think they would freeze?

Mandie says:

Mine turned out like little cakes. I actually ended burning the first batch :/ so I put the second and third batches in cupcake liners, and that worked out SO MUCH BETTER. But they are cute and round like yours.

How’d ya do that?!?!

Lisa says:

These are adorable, which is why I wanted to make them. First batch was a disaster – stuck to the muffin tin, did not want to budge, ended up destroying them to get them out of the pan. But . . . they did tast great! Next batch, cut circles out of parchment paper to put in muffin tin and made sure to not use as much batter. Much more pleasing to the eye! I plan to make a third batch tomorrow and I know they will be the best of all. They are fast and easy to make.

Heather D. says:

Love these! I’ve made them twice so far (and bought more Oreos today!!!). I used the Cool Mint oreos and Oh.my.gosh!!! I also used the Wilton Candy Cane burst white chocolate candy circles to melt on top! I have to keep giving them away because I can’t help myself! I brought them to work the other day and had several people tell me that they were the BEST THING THEY EVER ATE!!! The second batch, I added a tsp of instant coffee grounds to the brownies! That’s always a great way to deepen the chocolate flavor without a coffee taste! It made them EVEN better!!! Thank you soooo much for sharing! Off to make another batch!!!

Susan says:

I made these for a cookie exchange. I found that my tefolon covered regualr sized muffin pan worked well. I did spray it for insurance but didn’t have to run a knife around the edges. I think it depends on the kind of brownie batter you use. I used 2 differnt kinds and one made much larger (thicker) cookies.

I used mint ores AND put a mint-hershey’s kiss on top when they came out of the oven. They melt quite a bit but are a good addition.

I might be a hit at the exchange tonight!

Melanie says:

I just made a bunch of these and they all sinfully good! Thank you so much for this recipe! My family loves them! I can’t wait to make more for our holiday party. Thanks again!

Holly B says:

Oh I am so going to make those with the Peanut butter filled Oreos, and drizzle on some melted peanut butter chips…nom!

Mandy says:

In the oven right now :)

Cheryl says:

Made these this week- with the red Oreos and the mint Oreos. They didn’t turn out exactly like your picture, but close enough. The main thing is they were easy-peasy to make and DELICIOUS.

Thank you!

[...] the marshmallows AND I don’t like marshmallows, so I’m doing my own variation) and brownie covered oreos.  At the end of the bake-off, we’ll all swap with each other so that everyone takes home a [...]

Traci Funk says:

I made these this morning for my husband’s Holiday luncheon today and of course I had to try one – they are DELICIOUS and so easy- thanks so much for the recipe!

Erin says:

Such a great idea! I have always loved making chocolate covered oreos, so instead of drizzling I went ahead and dunked them completely in chocolate while skewered by popsicle sticks. Wrapped them up and tied off with ribbon to hand out :-)

[...] covered Oreos never disappoint. So when I saw the recipe for Brownie Covered Oreos at Picky Palate I assumed they would have the same result. Assumption correct! Just as she says the cookies are [...]

Sarah says:

I used a wilton pan and they turned out perfect. I decorated mine with the red wilton sparkle gel for my regular ones and green sparkle gel for my mint ones, so cute!

Gina says:

Ok, YUM!! I just made a huge batch of chocolate covered oreos (chocolate covered, white chocolate and peanut butter) but never thought of this, will be running out and making these tonight for my daughters xmas party tomorrow for school!

sherry says:

I made these today .. mine look just like the pic, but I have to say they most def look better than they taste, maybe too rich for me, but my daughter loved them.

Christine says:

Thanks for the great recipe! I just made them and they were so good right out of the oven but a few hours later they are really hard. Any idea what I did wrong?

Rachel; says:

These look fabulous!! I think I know my next cookie to try…..

[...] item #3: These goodies from Picky Palate — I used the Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Jo-Jo’s. Now, I am sharing her photo as they [...]

Mandy says:

I just made these and made them 2 different ways. One I dipped them and let some of the brownie run off..they turned out just like the picture. The others I scooped a little extra of the brownie mixture on the top before popping them in the oven and they looked more like cakes.

I didn’t have any problem with getting them out of the pan once they baked. I just “pan”‘d them well and everything turned out great!

Thank you for the great recipe!

jackie says:

hmmm…mine are looking like those brownie bites too…not in the shape of oreo’s…oh well!

Linda says:

I was wondering has anybody tried putting them in cupcake liners to make it easier to get out of pan? I am dying to try them and have to wait till Wed night to try them but am definitely adding them as a last minute addition to the cookie trays.

Chrissy says:

I just wanted you to know I linked this page to my blog http://jackieandtina.blogspot.com/2010/12/baking-at-its-finest.html
    I made these for my family and again for a cookie exchange. thanks for sharing your ideas!

[...] lastly I made these little ditties.   HUGE hit at work today.  A tin of 48 gone in less than an [...]

Megan says:

I made these to add to my christmas cookie plates and they got rave reviews! I used mint oreos :) The only problem I had was the bottoms stuck even though I sprayed the pan… so I just put them in the freezer for about 5 minutes and they popped right out! Thanks so much, this recipe will definatly be on my list every year!

[...] used were simple & tasty, which means I need to blog them, right? The first things I made were Picky Palate’s Brownie Covered Oreos. I heard about them through Chelsea, & they were awesome. I used Oreos with red icing (Holiday [...]