Dec
2010

Kiss Pies

Tags: ,

Desserts

Only 5 days before Christmas!  Woohoo, is everyone ready?  What a great time of year.  This really is the best…..even if I feel like I’ve gained 50 lbs the last month!

I’ve got such a fun little pie to share with you today that really couldn’t get any easier.  I am talking 2 main ingredients people :)

I decided to use the rest  of my Mint truffle Kisses, but ANY Hershey kiss will work beautifully here.  Go grab your favorite flavor and get baking!  You are really going to love these, they are adorable and you can pop em’ right in your mouth :)

Hope you enjoy!

Here you have it, some refrigerated pie crust and any Hershey Kisses :)

I used these bad boys!

Unroll your pie crust after it’s been thawed and place the first group your kisses around like so.

You’ll cut a 2 1/2- 3 inch circle for each kiss.  Does NOT have to be perfect.  A few of mine were different sizes and they were all great.

You’ll brush a light egg wash over each little pie….

….and sprinkle with sugar.  Try not to dump it on like it shows on my picture :)  Trying to do this with one hand while taking the photo=dumping of sugar, lol!

Here they are, I seriously love these!  Ready to bake!

Awhhhh, look at these little Kiss Pies :)  Little cuties.

One of my readers who lives in China sent me these adorable mini forks!  How cute are they?  Thank you Terra!

Kiss Pies

1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed
14 Hershey Kisses of choice, I used Mint Truffle today :)
1 egg white whisked with 1 Tbsp water
Powdered sugar for dusting
Granulated sugar for sprinkling before baking

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Roll out pie dough onto a lightly floured counter top.  Place 10 kisses around the edges of pie dough, about 2 1/2 inches apart (as in the photo above).  Take a knive and cut a 2 1/2-3 inch circle around kiss.  Fold half of pie dough around top of dough and pinch edge around top of kiss.  (See Photo, step 1).  Now, fold up both sides of remaining dough up to the tip of the kiss pinching edge.  (See Photo, step 2).  Now press together edges and form criss cross as shown in photo, step 3. * *Continue cutting dough around kisses until all dough is used up.  I got about 14 rounds cut when I re-rolled my scraps :)**

2.  Brush all little pies with an egg white wash then sprinkle with granulated sugar.  At 350 degrees, bake for 20-28 minutes or until little pies are golden.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Dust each with powdered sugar and serve.

about 14 little pies.

Comments

RglBrat says:

I am pinning this awesome recipe on my Pinterest site but I am so jealous of the little forks!!! I WANT those!!! hahaha

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I featured these today on my Valentines Day sweet post. They look delicious. :)

Jane says:

These are so cute! Saw them on a friend’s Pinterest, then tracked them back to you – so clever! Will definitely make some :)

Sammy says:

Sorry Picky Palate not my favorite :(

[...] inspired by Picky Palate Share this:FacebookEmail This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Emily. Bookmark the [...]

[...] Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies,  2. Kiss Pies,  3. Red Velvet Brownies,  4. Conversation Heart Sugar Cookies,  5. Marshmallow Pops,  6. Flair [...]

Stephanie says:

I am going to make these for Valentine’s treats. Do you bake them on a greased cookie sheet, or ungreased? Thanks!

[...] our friends at Picky Palate share their Kiss Pies, because what says Valentine’s Day more than a Hershey’s Kiss. These [...]

Joan says:

Thank you for sharing ~ I can hardly wait to try making them soon!!!

[...] in little Kiss Pie Heaven.  Oh my gosh!  There went my diet.  Here’s the recipe  link.  I totally wasn’t expecting the mint-filled Hershey’s kisses.  I’m going [...]

[...] decided to try out a pinterest recipe tonight: Kiss Pies. Well, they didn’t turn out pretty but mmm.. were they yummy and simple to make (though I [...]

Dori says:

I featured this recipe today on my blog at richestoragsbydori.blogspot.com. Please check out my blog and hopefully you will like the other recipes too. Hope this brings you lot of traffic.

Justoleme says:

I just wanna say that I’m amazed that a lot of the readers have leftover KISSES. I didn’t know there was such! :)

Tia S. says:

Ok, I feel dumb, but I tried these tonight and the chocolate kiss didn’t melt in the middle! The pie crust was super crunchy (not delicious flaky) and the kiss kept its shape and didn’t mush down all perfect :( What did I do wrong?!

Jennifer says:

Just made these – super yummy and very easy! I would just suggest that you make sure your pie crusts are very well sealed when you put them in the oven, because a couple of mine weren’t and they split right open.

Pam says:

Beautiful kiss pie cookies! I’m making these today too….. putting these on pinterest.

Cathy says:

This is a great idea. I think I will try these with my niece who is visiting from Tennessee.

Stacie C says:

Have you ever tries using chocolate chips? I found a link on Pinterest on my PHONE and it looked like chocolate chips! So I’m gonna give it a whirl! Thy will be mini!!

Alma King says:

Can you make these ahead of time and store them. Or would they be better made right befor you eat them. I am planning to have them at a wedding rehearsal? Wanted to make a day a head.

This recipe looks amazing I can’t wait to try it. I tried this at home this is really nice.

chris says:

Can these be frozen? Thinking of making these for a wedding. If not for wedding then for me!!

Wendy says:

I did the caramel ones as well. It would be good to mention up top they will leak. Have you lowered the temp or anything to get them to ooze less. Thanks though; I really like these and will try them again.

Lori says:

This looks fabulous…and so easy to do. Not a mint fan here, so I’ll use the regular Kisses or the chocolate/caramel ones.

[...] as for these ridiculously good pumpkin pie bites! I saw these on Pinterest from Picky Palate and I knew I had to make them for you! They are so easy to throw together and they taste amazing [...]

Naomi says:

These would work the same with homemade pie crust right?

Samantha says:

These looked SO good. I went ahead and tried them today. While it satisfied my sweet tooth, I don’t think they were quite as savory as I was imagining. I cooked them for 15 min and even then I felt the chocolate tasted dry and crumbling instead of melted. It may have been something with my oven though. They did have a great aesthetic appeal, and I might make them to give away at some point. Perhaps I might want to try another type of kiss, as the plain chocolate ended up tasting…plain. Thanks for the idea, though!

Megan says:

You can also use a cookie cutter for the circles if you have one :) -much easier.

Jo says:

Thank you for the fantastic idea!

[...] is a recipe I found on Pinterest from the awesome Picky Palate website…have fun baking these delicious [...]

Pam says:

I will be making these for our Christmas party and will package them to go.If they don’t have room to eat them with all the other things.They will have a snack for later.Thanks great idea!

[...] This recipe gets slightly fancy by using mint truffle kisses. Source: picky-palate.com [...]

Angela says:

I love the idea of these cookies but I definitely had some problems with them. First, I found that 20 – 28 minutes was WAY too long; even after just 15 minutes the cookies were very hard. Second, the mint truffle kisses dont melt very well and the center was an awkward texture, almost chalky (I also tried the caramel filled ones which melted out of the pie, and the regular chocolate which were better). Maybe I wasnt using a good pie crust, but the crust taste strongly overwhelmed anything else and it was as if I was biting the last bite of pie that is all crust (i used Pillsbury crust). Did anyone else have these problems or can offer any suggestions. I like the idea and I would like them to work for me.
    Thanks

Kimberley says:

I had the same issues as you, Angela!!! I just made these and I’m a little disappointed. This was going to be a treat for my co-workers but I’m not so sure about taking these in now. :(

Bonnie B says:

These are so cute, can’t wait to try them! I think to make them even easier to make, you could use a biscuit cutter. :)

Dave says:

I made these last night and removed them right after they turned brown and candies inside were burnt and dry. Pretty gross.

Elizabeth says:

I really like this recipe but had the same problems others had with the hershey kisses not melting at all. The kiss itself was instead extremely hard. Would love make this recipe again… anyone have suggestions on how to get the chocolate to melt?
    Thanks!

[...] I cooked a ton. For dinners, we made a pasta bake and chicken enchilada puffs. We made eggnog and Hershey’s mini-pies as well, and both of them turned out quite nicely. I also went out to lunch with the percussion [...]

Emily says:

Mine all came apart at the seams and were SUPER dry and gross. Very disappointed. Threw all of them away. I was supposed to serve them at a party but I couldn’t have those served… It would have been embarrassing.. Very sad. Very cute, and a great idea.. Just didnt work out for me…

[...] Jenny Flake, from over at Picky Palate, is the most adorable woman. She’s talented, successful, a super-mom and has great taste and if you haven’t read her blog do yourself a favour and head on over. In this post I’m going to show you one of her holiday recipes. [...]

Anne says:

Caramel kisses do not work

Mimi says:

A cookie cutter would make this project go much faster, I think. Am going to try it. Love this idea and can hardly wait to try it.

Janice Martin says:

These are perfect for my weekly baking/craft activity with my younger grandchildren. They will love them and will easily be able to “make them by myself.”

Robyn Mortinger says:

I am trying these right now for the first time. If all works out well I want to try some with Rolo’s.

Pam says:

Thanks so much for sharing this!! I found it was easier to use a hard plastic cup to cut the little round circles around each kiss : ) I got 14 also by re-rolling my dough. Great recipe idea!!

Sam says:

I made these over the weekend and was disappointed:( I used Pillsbury Pie Crust it was dry and the kisses was hard and tasted burnt . Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on what pie crust to use or what to do so its not so dry and melts the kisses?

Donna says:

I am going to try these with the cherry cordial kisses. I bet they will take like a cherry pie. Yum

[...] Okay these cookies are so quick and easy. I saw them on Pinterest of course. Recipe from the Picky Palate.    All you do is lay out your pie dough, I recommend rolling it a little thinner than it comes [...]

Courtney says:

These are in my oven right now. I used mini Reese’s cups in half of them. They smell so good! I’m so excited! Thanks for posting this :)

Courtney says:

Update: The kisses didn’t melt much but they are still pretty soft. The Reese’s cups, however…oh. my. god. SOOO good!

Margaret Carrico says:

I think I would lilke to make them with the slice sugar cookies. Just slice and roll out a little and wrap the kiss.