Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Cookies
Jan
2011

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chippers

Tags: , , ,

These Peanut Butter Butterscotch cookies may have changed my life forever, no joke.  It all started a couple weeks ago when Amanda and I were cruising around San Diego and popped into the famous “Spread” Restaurant.  It has been featured on The Best Thing I Ever Ate on Food Network and now I completely see why!  They specialize in making their own creative gourmet peanut butter spreads that are beyond your wildest imagination 🙂  I would never believed it until I took my first spoonful.  It was all over from there.  I chose the butterscotch gourmet peanut butter spread and the white chocolate pretzel….swoon!

Here’s the cute little container.  This little baby will cost you $10, but worth every lick.  So, here’s why my cookie was created.  I did NOT use this spread in my cookies, but put my own ingredients in.  I had to have the whole tub to myself 🙂

Start by melting butterscotch chips over a double broiler until melted.

Cream your butter and sugars.

Add your melted butterscotch chips and Peanut Butter 🙂

Add your egg and mix it up!

Now time for your dry ingredients.

Roll each scoop of cookie dough into sugar.

Place onto a cookie sheet and time to bake.  9-11 minutes at 350 degrees F.

No kidding, my favorite cookie to date!  Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chippers

1 stick softened butter

1/2 Cup brown sugar

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

1 1/4 Cups smooth peanut butter

1 Cup melted butterscotch chips

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/4 Cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1 Cup butterscotch chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Melt butterscotch chips over a double boiler until melted.  Add melted butterscotch chips and peanut butter to beaten butter and sugars.  Beat in egg and vanilla.

2.  Place flour, baking soda and salt in bowl; mix to combine.  Add to wet ingredients until just combined then pour in butterscotch chips.  Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough, roll in sugar then place onto baking sheet.  Press tops with tines of a fork if desired.  I did it both ways and both are great.  Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

4 dozen cookies

_________________________________

Happy Baking!  Come back soon 🙂

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Lisa Y. says:

I try new cookie recipes all the time, and this one really stood out. I followed the recipe to a T and they came out perfect. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. 🙂

I need to try this Spread place!! I’m looking at their flavors online and swooning!! Those cookies look delicious!

Shanna says:

I made these this weekend. Very good, excellent dough, easy to work with, easy recipe to follow (yours always are!)

For my tastes, they’re a bit sweet. I wonder if I used a cheapo PB that has less sugar if I might be able to get more into them. Or maybe add in roasted peanuts instead of the whole chips, that extra salt might tweak it enough for me.

Also, I made them as a bar cookie, spread very thin in an 18 x 24 in pan. Totally worked!

Emily says:

I made these this weekend and they were so good!! Definately will be making them again! Thanks for the recipe!

Kris says:

I made these a few days ago as soon as I saw the pictures. They turned out great. These are now my new favorite cookie. Thanks!

[…] Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chippers from Picky Palate […]

janelle says:

WOW! I believe you weren’t kidding when you said these changed your life. I think I may have found my new favorite cookie! We’re having a snow day and I was thinking of making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies but really wanted more of a peanut butter flavor. This was a happy accident because I found your blog while looking for a totally different dinner recipe for tonight.

They’re so good I ate three of them right away, and now I want to deliver them around the city to brighten people’s day!

Susan Buentello says:

I had to come back and leave a comment here about these cookies. I made them yesterday, and while they were good, I wasn’t completely blown away. But today–today!! These are one of the rare exceptions to cookies-taste-best-warm. These definitely taste better the next day, when completely cold. I now can’t stop eating them.

Megan says:

Hi Jenny,

I just made these cookies, and they’re fabulous. I so enjoy all of your baking recipes. I always get excited when there’s a new one up! I just moved to New Orleans to attend Tulane and don’t know anyone, so these cookies are going to my apartment’s night guard! Ha! Have you ever considered creating any vegan baking recipes? It’s actually quite fun to experiment. I would LOVE to see what you might come up with. Thank you again for this fabulous recipe (and blog!). Keep ’em coming!

[…] Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chippers […]

K says:

I made a batch of these this afternoon for a Super Bowl party for the students where I teach. I added a bit of the peanut butter to the butterscotch chips as I was melting them, and it definitely made the chips easier to work with. I used a small cookie scoop to measure the cookies, rolled them into balls, then tossed them in turbinado sugar. They came out beautifully! I immediately packaged them up and sent them to the party, but did keep two for myself. I’ll definitely make these again!

Kelli R says:

Just made these today and they are seriously the best peanut butter cookie I have ever eaten!! The only change I made was to add peanut butter chips at the end instead of the additional butterscotch chips. They were amazing but very dangerous as they are so addicting!!

So glad you enjoyed the cookies Kelli! These are by far one of my top 3 favorite cookies….hands down. Love hearing about others who love them too 🙂

gabby says:

Love your super yummy recipes!! These are in the oven as I type. My hubby already licked the beaters and was happy 🙂

[…] you have been following me for a bit, you will notice that I have shared a few recipes from Picky Palate. A playful blog all about FOOD! She creates some yummy stuff and I have made a handful of her […]

Lorna says:

Just made these! I love butterscotch and I love peanut butter, but together…I just didn’t know what to expect. They are absolutely amazing! If you like peanut butter cookies – these are a must!

The only thing I did differently was I added more butterscotch chips. After adding the 1 cup of butterscotch chips (the unmelted ones), I then added another whole bag. Totally awesome!

Thanks for another great recipe!

Laura says:

Hi! I made these cookies the other night for some friends. The flavor was WONDERFUL (unlike any other cookies -honest!), but the texture was a bit crumbly. I found it unique with one stick of butter and one egg. And adding the thick peanut butter and melted butterscotch, it made them not very moist. I followed the recipe closely and followed directions!

Anyone else have this problem? What did I do? :/

Corinne says:

Made these last week and they were major awesomeness!

[…] I have a bad habit of lusting after desserts I see on other blogs. In this case, these little darlings. And unfortunately, the only steps between seeing what I want and getting it are […]

Liz says:

I made these cookies yesterday, my husband is a butterscotch fanatic but doesn’t like oatmeal which most butterscotch cookies call for. These were a big hit with him, thanks for the recipe!

Jen says:

Usually every cookie I have must include chocolate, but I saw this recipe & decided to give it a whirl-delicious!! Definitely keeping this one!

Rhonda says:

OMG! If there is life after death, please let there be peanut butter and butterscotch in heaven! I made a double batch for my first try because your pics looked scrumptious. I added a couple things to the recipe, 2 tablespoons of milk (because it is in my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and milk just goes with everything), 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar ( shhhhh, secret cookie ingredient for the thin cracked outer shell and moist center) and added half butterscotch half peanut butter chips at the end. These are picture perfect, no joke. I heard the hallelujah chorus in my head upon savoring the first bite. My 6 y.o. and I love peanut butter and butterscotch and was truly lucky to stumble upon both in this fantastic recipe. Thank you so much for sharing. I always bake a batch and freeze the dough for future…However this time, baked the double batch all at once. I know these are going to disappear fast!

The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple ipad and tested to see if
    it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can
    be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed
    and she has 83 views. I know this is totally
    off topic but I had to share it with someone!

[…] peanut butter butterscotch chippers (I made these last year!) […]

mary mcintosh says:

I just got done making your receipe for the first time. They came out just like the pic and are absolutely delicious! I see why they are your new favorites! Thanks so much for sharing and happy baking!

Diana says:

These are in the oven–YUM!! Found some butterscotch chips on a good sale and I’m glad I found your recipe. I didn’t roll them in sugar or flatten them–I just cookie-scooped them directly onto a parchment lined pan. I liked the shape they took better that way. Thanks for the recipe!