Jan
2011

Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls anyone?  These are cute aren’t they.  I thought it would be fun to share some fun Superbowl/party food this week to get ready for game day.  It’s no secret that I am only interested in the commercials and half time performances of Superbowl but I do LOVE to make party food, so let’s celebrate with fun food :)

Stay tuned for some great NYC pictures coming this week, I had so much fun in the big apple last week.  Looking forward to sharing the mouthwatering photos of our bakery hopping!

Here are your ingredients, nice and simple.

I LOVE that Pillsbury put out a “Simply” line of products.  No artificial flavors or preservatives.  Thank you!

Unroll your french bread loaf and cut into 10 equal slices, about 1 inch thick.

Flatten each slice with the palms of your hands about a 3 inch round.

Press in the bottom and up the sides of your muffin tin.

Time to cook the spinach, watch it wilt in seconds :)

Now add your garlic and stir it all up for a good minute or so.

Place your cream cheese, sour cream, spinach and parmesan cheese into a mixing bowl.  Mix mix mix.

Here’s the yummy part.  Add a pinch or two of McCormick Gourmet’s Ancho Chile Pepper.  Love this!

Don’t forget the garlic salt.

Give another good mix and….

Scoop dip into your bread bowls.

Sprinkle with cheese, bake for 15 minutes and….see photo below :)

Wait until you dig into these :)  Enjoy!

Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls

13.3 oz roll of refrigerated french bread loaf, I used Simply Pillsbury
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
3 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 Cup light sour cream
2 Tablespoons fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Ancho Chile Pepper
1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Garlic Salt
1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray 10 regular muffin cups with non stick cooking spray.  Unroll package of french bread loaf and slice into 10 equal size slices, about 1 inch thick.  Press each slice into about a 3 inch round, I did this by pressing in between my hands.  Press into the bottom and up sides of the muffin cup.  Set aside.

2.  Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.  Cook and stir spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes then add garlic, cook and stir for another minute then turn heat off.

3.  Place cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach and garlic, Parmesan Cheese, Ancho Chili Powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper into a medium bowl.  Mix until well combined.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dip into each of the centers of bread bowls.  Top evenly with shredded cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning brown on edges.  Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.

10 mini spinach dip bread bowls

Comments

Love spinach!

And I wish I could buy a big jar of shredded parmesan like that….

Emily says:

Kirkland is Costco’s brand.

• Janice says:

Good Morning, I shop at Costco all the time. Our Costco has Parmesan in plastic bags. Perhaps it is coming soon or possibly you live in the States and I need to take a drive across the border. I hacvce never seen Simply by Pilsbury either. Please tell me whether you live in the States? Thanks!

likeit1 says:

You should go to a good deli and buy a wedge of Parmesan reggiano and get them to shred it. Better and tastier than Jar Bought and cheaper.

Store in the fridge or freezer

The recipe looks lovely! And this “I LOVE that Pillsbury put out a “Simply” line of products. No artificial flavors or preservatives. “–I had no idea and thanks for sharing!

Such a cute vehicle for spinach dip. Love it!

These really are so cute!!! I feel like there are so many possibilities with the idea of the mini bread bowls.

Kelley says:

I want to try these for sure. These are not in an actual mini muffin tin are they, just regular? But I’m guessing you could adapt them easily enough, just might give it a shot. Thanks!!

What a fantastic idea for a party! Totally cute and no risk of double dipping. Genius.

Alicia H. says:

I love this idea! I could eat a whole bowl of spinach dip so this is some awesome portion control!

Valerie M. says:

These look so delish. I gotta find an excuse to make them soon.

Lisa says:

I love warm spinach dip…this is such a great idea; I can’t wait to make these this weekend!

Ricki says:

These look so yummy! I can’t wait to try them!

These are adorable and they look so good! I am going to have to check out the simply line from Pillsbury. Thanks!

Erin says:

I love it, such a great idea!

Molly says:

This is such a neat appetizer twist. They look adorable!!

Cute! I’m a sucker for anything in a miniature version!

Linda says:

I recognize the shredded parmesan from Costco – love it! We also like to buy Romano at Costco, but here in Virginia they sell it by the wedge, so we shred it with our KitchenAid mixer attachment. I just LOVE Costco! These Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls look yummy – Costco sells a delicious spinach dip (I have never made my own spinach dip)… I have some in my fridge that I have to use up, so maybe I will cheat and use it in the biscuits!

Jenny, these look wonderful. The step-by-step photos are beautiful & very helpful! xo

yum and more yum. This is a perfect superbowl recipe. I’ll be sneaking veggies in so the boys don’t see them.

Looks like a great start to a tasty week!

We love these I make them as a breakfast quiche all the time, I have done the spinach and add bacon as well, yours look amazing! I love you call them bread bowls these are perfect for appetizers for Sunday! Great job!

LOVE this recipe Jenny! Perfect for Sunday’s game!

[...] Dip Black Olive Pesto Dip Roast Beef Sliders Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings Buffalo Chicken Wings Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls Main Course Steak Chili Vegetarian Chili White Chicken Chili Baked Potatoes Fixings Sour Cream [...]

Amy @DYKTMP? says:

WEIRD! Jenny I’m working on the exact same recipe, no joke. These look wonderful.

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Carolynn Santaniello, Jenny F., Taste of Home Mag, ~cinzia~, Erin and others. Erin said: RT @PickyPalate {New Post} Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls! Perfect for a Superbowl appetizer :) http://su.pr/34P7Hs [...]

Tracy says:

What a great game day appetizer! I’m drooling!

Nataleigh says:

Oooohhhh Jenny, you’re wicked…those look amazing.

Shannon says:

Looks yummy. Definitely one for the future.

looks swell, drooling here !

Sarah says:

Looks sooo good. I love spinach dip!! Can’t wait to try these.

Mandie says:

yum! keep the super bowl recipes coming please :)

Kylee says:

Awww – where were you when I needed you on Friday!!

Vicki says:

Hi Jenny,

I have a question. Are those mini muffin tins or regular size?

I am also glad with the Simply Pillsbury line! Hope to see more recipes with them used. Thanks.

Delishhh says:

YUM YUM! What a great idea. I can just imagine all those thins you can stuff in there.

I am SO making these this weekend. I love spinach dip and I loved bite sized anything- perfect combo!

patsyk says:

Wow! Fabulous idea! There are so many ways you could fill these little bread bites… but, this one would be the biggest hit with my family! Yum!

Wow those look really great, bet they’re tasty! What an ingenious little appetizer!

Aggie says:

These really are so cute Jenny! Love them. I would never have thought to make them into cute little bowls!

Michelle says:

What an awesome idea!

What an easy and fun recipe for the Superbowl festivities and lots of other occasions too. This would work well for a quiche concept too or a mini pizza cup. I’ll be making wings from this recipe http://slatheriton.com/2011/01/super-slathered-sweet-%E2%80%98n-hot-pepper-wings/

Wow…these look so good. I was searching for ideas for a Superbowl party this Sunday and now I have my first menu item. Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe. : )

What a fun idea, Jenny! I would love to try these with puff pastry, too.

Elizabeth says:

This looks so great!! :) I love all your recipes!! Thank you!

I absolutely love this idea. I can almost taste them!

I can’t wait to try these. I’m searching now for other fillings I can use also!

EatLiveRun says:

delicious! I love spinach dip.

Christina says:

These are dangerous! I would eat 20 in one sitting.

[...] Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls by Picky Palate [...]

holly says:

LOVE spinach dip and this is so completely deeevine sounding and looking too;)

Cheese Please Mini…

[...] Parmesan Cheese, Ancho Chili Powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper into a medium [...]…

LOVE IT! Your dip and bread all in one handheld bite!