Mar
2011

No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

Oh how I love a treat that can be whipped up in about 15 minutes.  My boys and their buddies couldn’t get enough of these Chewy Oreo Bars we had as an after school snack this week.  Sometimes my spontaneous recipe creations turn out to be the most fun, lol!

Yes you use an entire package of Oreo Cookies, but what you get in return is a marshmallow-y Oreo treat that is worth every bite :)

Surprise the kids (and yourself) with this one, they’ll be all smiles, Enjoy!

3 whole ingredients.  I know, tricky :)

Break out your Cookies!

Place them all in the food processor or blender and mix until ground.

Like so.

Melt the butter and marshmallows into a large bowl until puffed.

You’ll get a little something like this :)

Working quickly, pour in your ground cookies.

Mix, mix and mix :)

You’ll get  a gooey mess….that’s delish!

Transfer to an 8×8 inch baking pan and let set for about 10 minutes.

Cut into squares and indulge :)

No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars

One 16 oz package of Oreo

5 cups Large Marshmallows

4 tablespoons butter

1.  Place Oreos in food processor and pulse until ground.  Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave until puffed, about 1 1/2- 2 minutes.  Remove and pour in ground Oreo Cookies.  Stir to combine then transfer to a foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan.  Let set up for 10 minutes.  Remove bars out of pan with edges of foil and cut into squares.

Makes 9 large bars

____________________________________

Have a great rest of your week!  Come back soon :)

Comments

jo says:

These look amazinggg!!! Does anyone know if its possible to let them set in jars and serve them like that instead?

lsc says:

I made these the other day for my work and they were delicious! I can’t believe how easy it was to make. I don’t have a food processor so I chopped and crushed up the oreos the best I could and I liked the end result even better. It left for more cookie crunch in the bars! Thanks for the great recipe!

Beverly says:

If Only, I had those to go with my coffee right now!

[...] also got a new blender after I broke our old one attempting to use it to crush up some Oreo cookies to use in a recipe.  This new blender is a 3-in-1, including a food processor, which is nice because even though we [...]

[...] Friday, we made Cookies and Cream Bars. Alex and David never get into the kitchen, can you believe that? David wanted a peanut butter and [...]

This looks like Crack in a bar… I’m already hooked and I haven’t even tried one!

ElizabethMD says:

ohh WOW! I can’t wait for Oreo’s to go on sale. I am so going to try this! It sounds absolutely yummy.

Jennifer says:

I tried to make this but did not get a very good result!! I over grounded the Oreos and just ended up with a huge blob of an Oreo marshmallow :( So note to those who make this… do not over ground the Oreos!!

Cat Davis says:

Mmm Mmm Mmm those look sinfully delicious and of course easy. I have to say though, I love the look of the dessert stand even more. Mind sharing where that came from?

Are you serious? Oreos and Marshmellows? Excuse me for drooling all over my keyboard. I need to go home and make these RIGHT NOW.

looks very tasty. the photography is good also. ill keep track to see if there will be more interesting posts.

[...] here to go to Picky Palate. A really great blog. Terrific pictures and other great [...]

Natalia says:

This looks awesome! I love no bake desserts. Will definitely be trying this out soon!

idontknow says:

I made these and the marshmallow refused to stir and got stuck EVERYWHERE. On the fork, the knife, the bowl, on me. It was all sticky and then got impossibly hard. Is it supposed to be like that? :|

[...] 15 minutes later and one of these little beauties was enjoying a one way ticket to my tummy with a brief layover in my mouth. Awkward phrasing aside, these were really delicious but given the ingredients, how could they go wrong? Bliss, thy name is OreoTo check out the recipe, click here [...]

Andrew says:

Just made these for me and my room mates…awesome. Just one note. a find grind of Oreos doesn’t work so well, it clumps the marshmallows up too much to get mixed thoroughly

Corey Banta says:

AS delicious as they may be…they look like something scraped from the inside of a volcano.

Joshua says:

I’m pretty sure Oreos are made with Partially Hydrogenated Oils, which always contain trans fats. Even if the packaging says 0 grams Trans Fat. This is because an FDA ruling decided that if it has less than 1 full gram of trans fat per serving, that’s the same as zero. Despite the fact that the human body has no way of passing trans fats and the only way to get rid of them is with fat reduction surgery!

… other than that, your recipe sounds delicious.

wow! those photos just told me: pull yourself away from the screen right now — go to the kitchen — grab whatever sweet you might find there

the perfect recipe for my sweet-lover husband and 2 year old daughter as my oven just broke down! thanks for sharing!

Jenni Jane says:

such a fantastic idea! especially for someone like me who is great with cooking but when it comes to baking its kind of a gamble! I’m working on getting better with the measuring and lack of ADD baking requires, but this is a great way for me to impress my friends without stressing over getting it right!

Baby Baby you know my life
    Charls.

Raechel says:

These look delicious! I plan on making them for my fiance as a graduation present from Army Basic! After months of Army food I’m sure he’ll LOVE these!! :)

lemonaiub says:

i like cake and pastries but doctor says ‘no’all of its

Jess says:

thank you thank you thank you! You just solved my dilemma of what desssert to make for this weekend. I see that you lined the pan with foil, did you grease or spray the foil so it would make it easier to cut out? Can’t wait to give these a try – will need to make a double or triple batch!
    Jess

Henrietta says:

Oh my goodness! These look even better than oreo stuffed brownies!! Yum!!

Ariana says:

I replaced the oreos with hershey’s bars :D Now I made some S’more Creme Bars topped with some vanilla ice cream for my family :) So many endless possibilities you can make with this recipe.

Motivation says:

It’s looks soo delicious, I got water in mouth ! mmmmmmmmm!

Monica says:

Can you use marshmallow cream? I prefer not to use regular marshmallows since it has gelatin. Thanks. These look way too good.

Valarie says:

Saw your blog post last night–bookmarked it for later. At the grocery store today, I picked up two of the ingredients, thought for sure I remembered just three things in your picture, and knew I had butter at home.

Have sent text message to son, “hands off” the Oreos and Marshmallows, I’m making a surprise!

Can’t wait for tomorrow. Thanks for the post, it’s honey extracting time here and that doesn’t leave time for much else, but this little yummy I can fit in!

[...] No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars [...]

Kim says:

I just made them and they were quick and easy. I think next time I wont ground them so much. Thank you so much for all the great ideas that you post!!!

Made sure to link you in the blog :)

Shannon says:

Yummy! I just made these and they are great!

Nate says:

I tried making these last night, I need to make them again, but adjust the amount of marshmallow. I measured out 5 cups (measuring marshmallows isn’t as easy as it sounds) and it was too much. The Oreo to marshmallow ratio was off. They taste amazing but there is no way to cut them into bars, they’re too rubbery!

Jacqueline says:

my sister absolutely hates oreos- so i made this with the golden kind. it turned out fabulously and was a huge hit! thank you so much!

Sandy says:

Wow this is so simple and looks really delicious! I could totally use some of those right now :)

Dena says:

You are genius

[...] No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars from Picky Palate [...]

Katie says:

Looks deliciousssss!!!!!!!!!! Momma like it!!!! ;D xD jk but I DO like it.

Curt says:

Oh man, I love anything to do with Oreos. We’ll need milk!

Nicole E. says:

I can’t wait to try these! Someone made the best oreo cake for me this week, hopefully it’s not an overload. It looks so delish! :)

Ang says:

I just tried to make these without using measuremeants, added way too many marshmallows and ended up with something that tasted like chewing gum with cookie stuck in it! Not recommended! Follow the recipe! xx

Chrystal says:

I wonder if I can justify buying a small food processor just for this…

[...] (adapted from Picky Palate) [...]

vicky says:

thats reakky awesome i loved it do visit my video recipe blog for more spicy tasty recipes at freshrecipes.blogspot.com

Petula says:

That looks so good… I can’t stand it! I’m going to have to make these as soon as I can get to the store. Thanks!