Mar
2011

Sneak Peek: Picky Palate Cookbook

What a whirlwind of excitement the last few months have been.  Behind the scenes of Picky Palate, late nights, early mornings, you name it, I have been creating dozens and dozens of new recipes for my very first cookbook that will be available mid 2012!  I’ve wanted to blab about it for months, but wanted to wait until it was all official and make sure I wasn’t just dreaming this.  The book will be published by Wiley and I couldn’t be more thrilled about it!  I am working with the most incredible people and am learning so much through this journey.

I think back to when I started Picky Palate on a whim one evening, late 2007, not having the foggiest idea of what I was doing.  I had recently discovered I had a talent in creating original recipes when in 2004, the start of my career—or I should say, hobby at the time—was born in competitive cooking around the nation with entering and becoming a finalist in Pillsbury Bake-off.  If someone would have told me I would have a cookbook almost 5 years later from the start of Picky Palate, I would have thought they were  nuts!  I am so grateful for the incredible opportunities writing Picky Palate has brought me and am so grateful for all of you who pop in and support me!  Thank you.  I can honestly say I have my dream job.

I wanted to give you a little sneak peek at some of the recipes I’ve been working on for the book.  You’ll be seeing recipes for my Homemade BBQ Chicken and Smoky Skillet Cornbread, my Homemade Apple Pie with the most incredible buttery flaky crust and my perfect Homemade Yellow Butter Birthday Cake with Chocolate Cream Frosting.  I have found that the hardest thing about writing this book  is having to wait to share all of the amazing recipes I’ve been creating.  I want to jump on the computer and tell you all about them, lol!  I guess that means it will all be worth the wait :)

Thanks for letting me blab about this, I am so excited for this project and hope you are too!  xoxo

Comments

Mia says:

Congrats!
    So happy for you! I live in Sweden but read your blog all the time! Love it! :)

Jenny, major, major congrats!!!! You deserve every bit of this success and more!!! I am soooo happy for you! Can’t wait to buy your book!

I made some bars with Nutter Butter cookies in them this weekend and thought of you.

And every time I see Oreos, I want to stuff them INSIDE another cookie :)

Your recipes rock, and I can’t wait to see your book!

Congratulations on the cookbook! That is so exciting! :)

Erin says:

Congratulations! What an amazing opportunity :)
    I can only hope that the cookbook will be available in New Zealand. Sadly, there probably isn’t much chance there xD

Jennifer says:

Congratulations Jenny, so happy for you and I most definitely will be buying your cookbook!!!!

Molly Carter says:

Congrats, Jenny! You know I’ll be purchasing your cookbook. Best of luck with the rest of the ride. :)

i can’t wait! if it’s anything at all like the stuff you make on here all the time you know i’ll be buying it :)

Congrats!! This is so exciting!

I can’t wait to buy it :)

Mary says:

Congrats! I’ll be 1st in line to purchase your cookbook!

The Souper says:

Congrats on first cookbook :) Enjoy hearing foodblogger’s stories

The Souper

Tina Rhodes says:

Can’t wait!!!! Huge Congrats!!!

debbie says:

congratulations !looking forward to the finished product !

Laura says:

I will be buying a copy as soon as I can. Can’t wait for it! Thanks for the sneak peek!

Ginger says:

This is all so wonderful Jenny! I can’t wait for your cookbook!!!!!!!

Mandy says:

I am so excited for you!!! AND FOR US!!!! lol! Can’t wait to buy your cookbook when it comes out! :) Your recipes are always so easy to follow and SUPER delicious!

Congratulations!!! how exciting :) I can’t wait too see what recipes are in the book!

Yayyyyyyyy!! Super happy for you Jenny. Absolutely cannot wait to see it and help spread the word & sell that baby for ya!

Thanks for the sneak peak! We can’t wait to get the book to our kitchen so we can try out some of your delicious recipes! Congratulations!!!

Jennifer W. says:

Congratulations!!!! What a great thing for you after all of the work you have done!

You are writing a cookbook! I am so excited, it will be a best seller for sure. Your recipes are always top notch and delicious! Can’t wait!

wow, congratulations! That is awesome news :)

Beida- Fish says:

congrats! I can’t wait to buy it!

Amy at The Scene From Me says:

Ooooo, I can’t wait. I’ve been a fan of yours for a long time!!! Way to go!

Stephanie says:

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Can the book be pre-ordered? I going to have to get a few copies to pass around to my mom, sisters, and friends!!

Caelyn says:

This is so cool!! Congratulations! That cake looks amazing btw!

CookiePie says:

Congrats! Can’t wait to see it all!!

kellypea says:

Hearty congrats to you on your cookbook! What an accomplishment :)

brandy says:

Congrats!!! I can’t wait for your book

Katie M says:

I am so excited! Just the other day I was wondering if you were ever going to put out a cookbook. This is something fun to look forward to!

Monica says:

That is so awesome, I am terribly excited (for you and to read the cookbook!)!!

Congrats on your cookbook, Jenny! Very excited to see it!

Deborah says:

Congrats Jenny! I’m so excited to see it. (And I posted about your chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallow pudding cookies today – delicious!!)

Lori Allberry says:

Oh my goodness Jenny! This is such INCREDIBLY EXCITING news! I can NOT think of a person more deserving of this! Be sure and tell us when and how we can get our copies!!!!

*******CONGRATULATIONS********

I am so HAPPY for you!!!! ♥

Lori

Darlene Humphreys says:

I just found your site, looking forward to being a big fan! Congrats on the book, that is huge!

Wow! Congrats!! Way to go Jenny! This is so Exciting!!

Soooooo exciting! HUGE congrats! I can’t wait to try out all of your fab recipes!

Kerstin says:

Congrats Jenny, can’t wait to check it out!!

Oh Wow! This is great news!

Can’t wait to see all the goodies:)

Nicole, RD says:

A major congrats to you!

Rosalinda says:

That is outstanding!!!! Congrats!!!! Can’t wait to go out and buy the book!!!

Sara says:

How exciting!! Congratulations. I’ll totally buy your cookbook and then I’ll say, “Oh yea, I used read her blog before she became famous.” :)

Joyce Lane says:

I am so happy to hear the news of your cookbook. Please let your followers purchase advance copies. I am new to your web page but sorry I did not know of you long before now. Love your emailed receipes. Keep up the wonderful work.
    Nothing but good luck to you.
    Joyce

Carole says:

Can I put my order in now?

Yippee! Congrats to you. I absolutely love your recipes and hate to admit how often I am cooking/baking from the Picky Palate (don’t want ya to think I am stalking :) )
    But really, when I see something fab from you I will ask my friends, did you see what Picky Palate has today?
    Can’t wait to have my own copy! Make sure to put Fresno CA on your book signing schedule (although I would drive to So Cal and visit my fam just to get a signed copy)
    So happy for you. Have a blessed day.
    P.S. Are you by chance going to the Creative Estates conference?
    Jenny

Thanks Jenny! So glad you are enjoying my recipes :) I am not going to Creative Estates Conference as of now, what and where is it?

Kathleen says:

I am looking forward to adding your cookbook to my collection. What a thrill for you to be published. Many congratulations.

pamm says:

Congratulations Jenny. So nice to hear some good new these days. I’m very happy for you and look forward to adding you book to my collection. Job well done. I’m sure your book will make it on the best sellers list just like Ree Drummond. It is a pleasure to know of you and your blog.

Dani Johnson says:

Congratulations! I can’t wait for the book. I have so many recipes at home that I printed and they end up with spills and smudges, fold marks, tears.

Mandy says:

I don’t usually buy cookbooks, they sit on the bookshelf unused, but I will definitely be buying yours as soon as its available. Love all your amazing concoctions. My hubby was so excited when I told him!

Congrats and Darn It! I was hoping to have that cake recipe by July 19th!!!!

Christel says:

Jenny, you rock! How awesome! I REALLY hope you’ll do a book signing tour, too! (I’m not far, just over the hills, in Vegas ;) )