Aug
2011

Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta

Tags: ,

Dinner

Here’s a deliciously simple weeknight dinner for you that I prepared for Goodbite.com and the Real Women of Philadelphia.  This is one of those dinners the the whole family loves.  Creamy with lots of chicken and full of flavor :)  Enjoy!!

I am off to San Diego for the weekend with my traveling BFF Amanda.  Follow our fun as we hunt down the best sweet shops the city has to offer :)  I’ll be posting faithfully on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup finely chopped white onion
1 clove minced garlic
4 cups baby spinach leaves
2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 Cups Philadelphia Cooking Creme
1 pound bowtie pasta or other small noodle
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place oil in Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in spinach leaves, cook, stirring until wilted about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, and pepper, and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add cooking cream, stirring to combine.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Add pasta to chicken mixture stirring to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted.Makes 8 servings

Click HERE to watch a step by step video of me making this dish on Goodbite.com :)

Have a great weekend!!  xoxo

Comments

Kristen says:

This was so good and easy to make! I cut the recipe in half, added two small roman tomatoes and used Italian cheese flavored cooking cream.

Diane says:

Made this today with Italian herb 1/3 less fat cooking cream and added broccoli and a can of artichoke hearts. Soooo good! Thanks!

Allyson says:

This sounds so good, but you lost me with “cooking creme.” I try to stay clear of adding processed and added preservatives into my family’s food. I’ll be playing around with it to see what I can use to substitute.

Jenny Cheatham says:

The cooking cream is no longer being made. So what else do I use? Dinner guess coming in few hrs, Please help!!!

[...] and Broccoli Sesame Mango Chicken Salad Shrimp and Avocado Salad Skillet Parmesan Chicken  Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta Quick Dinner Nachos  Chicken Quesadillas  Southwestern Chicken [...]

Maryann says:

I cook a lot and I love this one I never cooked this before! If I make it, it wont be dry? There don’t seem to be much liquid to it?

Jackie cree says:

Deliciousness! Used regular old lite cream cheese..about 10 oz, and added about 4 T lite sour cream along with a healthy chug of white wine. Could not find the cooking creme. Also added 6oz sliced mushrooms. This was so so good and easy. Thank you much!

Iris Brown says:

Served this for company. Everyone loved it. Thx

Laurie A. says:

Since they discontinued the cooking crème, I found this recipe on Epicurious that allows you to make your own with whatever flavorings you want and not have to worry about preservatives and all that other stuff. I’m making this tonight for 3 hungry teenage boys (one is mine and the other two are exchange students) who are in the middle of final exams. This should satisfy them! =) http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/MAKE-YOUR-OWN-COOKING-CREME-52461791