Aug
2011

Inside Look: Behind The Scenes of The Picky Palate Cookbook Shoot

There are moments in my life where I have to step back for a moment and realize how incredibly blessed I am.  Last week was one of those moments.  I had the privilege of watching Matt Armendariz and Adam Pearson photograph and style some of the recipes in my upcoming cookbook.  It was too fun to spend the week at their Long Beach studio and watch them work magic with my recipes.  I LOVE this first photo of Matt prepping my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies (that Gaby Dalkin baked perfectly).

I snapped these photos with my iPhone so I wouldn’t forget the amazing time I had watching my recipes come to life through Adam’s impecable styling and Matt’s amazing camera.  Hope you enjoy an inside peek at the Picky Palate Cookbook Shoot last week :)

Here you have a glimpse of the prop table (left) that was set for the recipes and the photo board (right) where each shot was pinned up.  One of the highlights of my week was getting to chat with Matt, Adam and their great staff.  There is a story behind each and every prop.  Some where bought in flea markets from France, some from ebay, and others from different parts of the country. LOVED the stories behind each piece :)

Here are my fun Oreo Stuffed Cookies getting beautified and photographed.  I love this shot and that old wooden board!

Matt, hard at work shooting some fabulous brownies :)

There sits my homemade apple pie with the most perfect crust prepared by Adam.  The finished shot was stunning.

Matt checking out the image on the computer.  Love.

Matt and Adam discussing options for my chicken taco bake….that I love :)

My favorite homemade chocolate cupcakes getting  photographed :)

My honeyed apple peanut butter tart was so photogenic, just wait until you see this final shot!

Adam dusting powdered sugar while we were rocking out to 80’s hits on our last day of shooting.  These guys are so unbelievably talented.  I will never forget the fun times we had last week.

Hope you enjoyed this sneak peek!

Comments

Wendy says:

Very cool! I wish I had the eye of a food stylist! The pictures and food look amazing!

Wendy
    Around My Family Table

Bonnie says:

Do you have an ETA on your cookbook???? Just so excited to be one of the first to buy it!!!

Ashleigh P. says:

Congratulations on your book :) Looking forward to it!! I love your blog!

That looks like so much fun! How great that you are publishing cook books! That is my dream one day :) Its fun to see it happening for someone else…gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe it can happen for me too.

Congrats Jenny and thanks for putting up some fantastic behind the scenes of your cookbook recipe photo shoot. I love Matt and Adam’s work and can’t wait for them to perhaps consider having a workshop out of CA ;)

Jorge says:

CONGRATULATIONS JENNY! That is so awesome! :-)

Kimberly says:

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see the final result!

I am so excited for you, Jenny! How amazing it must have been to watch the process of your recipes being shot by the incredibly duo of Matt and Adam. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Kendra Flake says:

I’m so excited for you, I’m almost emotional! :) You’re amazing. Congratulations on the book! It’s been a lot of worthwhile hard work.

Brittany says:

Congrats on your cookbook. I will most defiantly be purchasing it as soon as it comes out!

Anilu says:

I recently discovered your blog and i absolutely love it!!!, I can’t wait for your book to come out!, hope i can find some aunt that comes to Peru and bring it to me :)
    I love your recipes, I haven’t seen them all yet, but believe me, I will catch up… I’ addicted to chocolate and all kinds of sweet, like really physically addicted, I can´’t function without my chocolate after lunch… and before lunch.. and before dinner… and one last one before I go to bed… that’s why I find your recipes so cool, you combine cookies and brownies and chocolates and penaut butter and so on….i’ts insanely delicious :)
    thank u so much for sharing your brilliant ideas!!!, you have won (one more to your thousands) follower for life :)
    Regards from Perú

Natalie Whiting says:

That is amazing! I love seeing your dream come to life!! Congrats!!…Oh, and I must say, that looks like a lot of food they HAD to eat after each shoot! LOL :)
    Can’t wait!!

this is BEYOND exciting!! Can’t wait for your book!!

Madde says:

Cant wait for your book to come out. I bet it will be gorgeous!

How exciting. Congratulations!

Molly Carter says:

This is all so exciting, Jenny! You deserve every blessing that is sent your way. You’ve worked hard for this book, and we all can’t wait for it to come off the press! Love ya, girl!

Savannah says:

I just want to say thank you for spelling “sneak peek” correctly! I see it as “sneek peek,” “sneak peak,” and other variations so often it makes me want to scream!
    Oh, and I can’t wait to see the “finished” pictures!

Jamie says:

Very neat Jenny! So interesting to see how a cookbook is put together. You must be extremely excited.

Thanks for sharing the behind the scenes action! Can’t wait to see your book when it is all complete!

Season says:

What a dream team! I love the behind the scenes photos! And now I am dying to get a copy of this book! Every things sounds and looks AMAZING! Congrats again Jenny!

leslie says:

How wonderful Jenny! I am so proud of you and your accomplishments!

Oh my goodness Jenny! Your Incredible recipes in one book?!? I cannot wait to get it! Thanks for the inside look at the photo shoot. How fun!

Roberta says:

This looks so amazing… love all the printed cover possibilities on the wall!

Living the dream! great stuff!

Emily says:

You do not even know how excited I am that you are coming out with this cookbook!!!! I was actually out shopping yesterday for a cookbook and I was like “Man, I wish I could have Picky Palate’s cookbook!!!” A dream come! Thank you!!!!

Alli says:

How exciting, Jenny! You’ve come such a long way since I first met you and I am proud to know you. Enjoy your success, sweet lady!!!

Some seriously fab. behind the scenes shoots Jenny! Can’t wait to see your cookbook!!!

[...] And when I say everything is delicious, I mean it. How do I know? I photographed it! [...]

[...] the editing process.  It’s amazing how much work goes into a cookbook.  Watching Matt and Adam photograph and style my book was a high point for me [...]

[...] get you in the kitchen cooking.And when I say everything is delicious, I mean it. How do I know? I photographed it!And yes, I am trying to remain as objective and partial as I can, but to know Jenny is to love her [...]