Chocolate Shortbread Bars with White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s
2 sticks softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil that’s been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring.
4. Pour melted chocolate into mixer beating until well combined. Slowly add flour and salt until well combined. Dough will be thick.
5. Press dough into prepared pan and line with M&M’s, pressing in slightly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Let cool completely and cut into squares.
Makes 9-12 bars