Dec
2011

The Farmhouse Restaurant Gilbert, AZ

Arizona, Where to Eat | Tags:

Gilbert, AZ is near and dear to my heart, because we lived there for 8 years before moving to CA three years ago.  It was where we bought our first home and had both of our boys.  So many memories in Gilbert.

When we go back to AZ to visit our family, I love going out to eat to my favorite places.  The Farmhouse is no exception, it is a great place to go to breakfast or lunch.  There will most likely be a line of people waiting to get in when you arrive so be prepared :)

Click HERE to see the full Breakfast menu and HERE for the full lunch menu.

You know the food is good when people wait outside to be seated, right?

We waited about 20 minutes on a Saturday morning at 8:30am.  When I feasted my eyes on the menu, I knew we had to start with the warm giant cinnamon roll.  Watch how fast it disappears!

It was warm, soft and perfectly cinnamon-y!  A must order if you ask me.

All 6 of us grabbed our forks and went to town…..as you can see.

There was definitely some fork fighting going on :)

Yah, I’d say we devoured it in about 60 seconds or so.

The atmosphere is very friendly and country-like.  It is a very small restaurant inside, but worth the wait.

The kids ordered the fun pancakes.  Enjoyed them.

The French Toast was great.  Thick Texas Toast, just how I like it.

My Dad ordered the special of the day which was Country Fried Steak with Gravy, an egg and breakfast potatoes.  Yum!  It was hearty that’s for sure.  You won’t need lunch or dinner when you order this one :)

I ordered this bacon, egg, cheese and tomato omelet.  It was DELICIOUS, full of flavor.

Farmhouse is a great place to go with family and friends if you are not in a hurry to get in and out.  Definitely go expecting to wait, but also expect a great meal and friendly environment.  I am looking forward to going back and ordering that cinnamon roll again!

Have a great day and be sure to check out Farmhouse if ever in Gilbert, AZ!

The Farmhouse Restaurant

228 N Gilbert Road

Gilbert, AZ 85234

480 926-0676

Hours: Mon-Sat. 6AM-2PM Sun. 7AM-2PM

Comments

“You know the food is good when people wait outside to be seated, right?”

Uh, yeah, especially when it’s winter and for breakfast. That food looks amazing. <3

Bev Weidner says:

That omelette has me IN. TEARS.

What a cute place! And that cinnamon roll looks to die for! I’m about to start licking my computer screen.

the Country Fried Steak with Gravy and egg breakfast looks like something that would be right up our ally! yum!

Kindra says:

Looks great! I am going there in a few weeks for my sister’s wedding and she hadn’t been to any good breakfast places since she’s moved there, we will have to go there for our bridesmaids breakfast! Any other “have to try” places we should go to while we are there?

Heather B says:

I live in Gilbert, and that is our place to meet for breakfast with the girls!!! Love the Gilbert farmhouse!!!!

Denise P. says:

I’m moving to Fountain Hills in February. (From TN) I’m going to try it out.

We lived in Chandler (right on the border of Gilbert) up until 4 years ago. We probably shopped next to one another at Fry’s. ;) I don’t remember the Farmhouse but I do miss the breakfast restaurant at the Chandler Airport. :)

Oh yeah… gotta love those small town restaurants. The Chatawyle in Bath NY is famous for its Sticky Buns. Hey, I want some of those fun pancake!

Jessica says:

This is our favorite since moving to Gilbert in 2000. We always get the sweet roll and I get the egg white omlette with spinach and mushrooms…so good. :)

Laura Shackelford says:

Oh my gosh Gilbert, you have grown up! Way back in 1981 my husband attended pilot training at Williams AFB (now closed). Wow, seeing Gilbert, AZ on my laptop screen brings back a flood of memories. Williams was way out in the middle of nowhere back then. I’m pretty certain there was no The Farmhouse Restaurant at the time, or it would have been swamped by all of us living out at the base!

Hanna says:

I live just down the street from Farmhouse and its still one of my favorite place to grab lunch. Staff is always awesome and food speaks for itself.

Next time you’re in Gilbert, you should write me an email. (mail provided in this post) I own a small desserts & cupcake catering business and would love to give you a box of my goodies!

Melissa says:

LOVE the Farmhouse! The cinnamon rolls are to die for :)

Sarah says:

Do check with your computer manufacturer what is the best upgrade
    for your hardware before you puurchase any. When the popup window appears, selextion .
    corresponding os. But do you know easy methods to fix slow Internet.