Dec
2011

The Coffee Shop Gilbert, AZ

Arizona, Where to Eat | Tags:

Surprisingly, the suburb of Phoenix–Gilbert AZ has great spots to eat at.  If you are in AZ you must run over to The Coffee Shop is located in the Agritopia Neighborhood off of Ray and Higley.  It is such a charming little shop full of breakfast, lunch and lots of delicious cupcakes.  They even won cupcake wars on Food Network!

The grounds are gorgeous and right next door to The Coffee Shop is Joe’s Farm Grill which is another must visit.  Joe’s Farm Grill was on Drive In, Diners and Dives.

When you walk up to the counter, you will see gorgeous baked goods of all kinds.  These peanut butter cookies look to die for!

Oh the whoopie pies!

Vegan Options too.

Gorgeous!

Here’s some of the cupcakes we ordered.  Fabulous!

This is the Birthday Cake Cupcake.  By far one of our favorites.

The Vanilla Cupcake.  Classic and mighty tasty.

The Banana Chocolate Chip.  My FAVORITE!

We also tried the Vegan Turtle Cupcake.  Fabulous as well.

The Cookies and Cream Cupcake.  Love!

The Cookies and Cream Whoopie Pie!  Soft and perfect.

We really did have breakfast first :) My husband ordered this egg scramble with spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms.

I ordered this fabulous breakfast burrito.  Seriously to die for.

This picture of my nephew kills me.  Shows you how good the food was, lol!

There is a great area outside where the kids can run around and play.  Perfect place for the whole family.  Check it out next time you are in the Gilbert area.

The Coffee Shop

3000 E. Ray Road

Gilbert, AZ 85296

(480) 279-3144

Hours:

Mon-Thu 7am–8pm
Fri-Sat 7am–9pm
Sun 8am–4pm

Comments

LOL, love how your nephew cleans his plate! Those cupcakes look amazing, but the breakfast burrito looks wicked tasty. What a fabulous place!

JJ says:

We’ll be spending the winter in Fountain Hills. Have to check this out! Looks tasty

Jen says:

LOVE the Coffee Shop! They won “Cupcake Wars” when Duff was the judge. My fave cupcake is the cookie dough. If you’re going to be in Gilbert for a while, you should also check out the Gilbert House on Gilbert Rd. just north of Warner (east side). They have breakfast all day and their pancakes are scrumptious!

Ooooo, thanks for the Gilbert House recommendation. I will totally be checking it out! I LOVED the cookie dough cupcake at the coffee shop. Was one of my favs too :)

Dianekay says:

Been there – love it!
    One very good reason to come to the Phoenix area.

Kati says:

to think, a place called COFFEE SHOP won cupcake wars. I would never had thought they had cupcakes in side! I will have to check this place out next time we go north from Tucson! AND triple D is one of my FAVORITE SHOWS, definitely wandering next door as well, what is Joe’s Farm Grill most famous for?

Zee says:

Looks like an amazing place with great food.. Good that you had fun :)

I’m just drooling looking at all those sweets! Yummmm!!!

Debbie says:

Oh my, those sweets look so yummy! I didn’t even know about these places and I’m local. I live in Phoenix. Thanks so much for sharing. I might just have to stop by and check them out for myself.

Happy New Year!

Debbie

karie says:

been to both! delicious!

Gloria says:

Love the The Coffee Shoppe! They have the best lattes (especially the Scotch Kiss) and their cupcakes are amazing as well! Have yet to eat breakfast or lunch, but will definitely make and effort the next time I’m in town visiting!! Joe’s Farm and Grill is absolutely amazing, too!