Feb
2012

Glazed Donut Hole Brownies

Tags:

Desserts

I know, there is no explaining my madness, I just wanted to try this idea.  Let’s just say it was a good idea, lol!  I do not recommend indulging this dessert on a regular basis, but oh baby if you are having a bad day or just need a good sweet treat, you have got to whip up a batch of these bad boys!

Yes, you heard me right, glazed donut holes :)

Transfer those babies to a baking dish.

Pour your prepared brownie batter right on top :)

Time to bake!

How fabulous does this look?

Let cool and prepare the ganache.

Whip up a simple ganache over a double boiler.

Spread over top cooled brownies and go to town :)  Enjoy!

They are absolutely as good as they look.

If we are going donut holes and brownie you might as well add a scoop of ice cream right?  xoxo

Glazed Donut Hole Brownies

1 box brownie mix (I used the 8×8 inch size, but the 9×13 inch size works too)

1 15 ounce box Glazed Donut Holes, about 32 (I used Entenmann’s Pop Em’s)

1 cup chocolate chips

2-3 tablespoons heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

2.  Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Transfer donut holes to prepared baking pan. Pour brownie mix evenly over top of donut holes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownies are baked through.

3. Remove and let cool. To prepare ganache, place chocolate into the bowl of double boiler. Mix until melted then slowly stir in heavy cream until shiny and smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into squares and serve.

Makes 12 brownie squares

_______________________________

Have a great day, come back soon!

Comments

Terri says:

What a great idea. I have ti try these. And now, my mind is working overtime thinking of all the things that I can make into brownies!!! :)

Oh your an evil one Mrs Picky Palate ;) These look and sound like one of those evenings when you need to be by yourself with a bottle of Cab and a tray of sweet goodness, right?? Perfect!
    Take care…

Connie says:

I made these for work and everyone loved them! I used Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate brownie mix. I made two 8×8 pans and used one box mix for each. I used just one box of Entemann’s holes. I had to bake them about twice as long as the package said. I did not make a ganache but sprinkled on some Hershey’s dark chocolate chips when the brownies were done and put the pans back in the oven for the chips to melt. The BEST thing I did was to make the in the morning and bringing them in warm from the oven! The donut holes were definitely a surprise for everyone. I will make these again.

MikeVFMK says:

It`s like timbits (our famous coffee house small donuts) and brownies and donuts and heaven wrapped into a dessert guaranteed to give you a sugar rush and a smile and memory. Just looking at these has me craving a slice or four. Sooo good Jenny!

Oh wow! What a great idea…these are just too fun!

natalie says:

i just gained 10lbs looking at this…and topping it with the chocolate ice cream. SOLD!

Jennifer Haigh says:

just made them and tried them….YUM. Store didn’t have glazed donut holes so bought regular glazed donuts and cut them up.

Marie in Va says:

These look fabulous! Can’t wait to make them!
    When you make these in a 9×13 pan–does the recipe need to be doubled?

Hayley says:

I am so going to try making these! Donuts are totally my BFFs and what a unique way to enjoy them :)

[...] purchase them online here.  And what are those big brown things, you ask?  Yeah.  Those are donut hole brownies.  I saw the recipe a few days before the get together and how can you not make them?  I will be [...]

Lorna says:

I made these last night for some friends. I was trying to think of a quick and easy dessert and remembered this recipe. I used the 8×8 brownie mix and there didn’t seem like there was enough batter to cover all the donut holes. I took a spoon and scooped up brownie mix from areas that weren’t covering the donuts and made sure they were all covered in brownie mix. Baked it according to brownie directions and it came out looking exactly like your picture. The ganache part, one cup of chocolate chips didn’t seem to be enough to cover the whole brownie pan, I wish I used more. Maybe my chocolate was old because it wasn’t “runny” it was kind of clumpy and the cream made the chocolate harden a bit, so I had to melt it some more. So when I spread it on the brownies – I really had to work to cover the entire pan. The ganache wasn’t pretty, but the brownies were a hit!!! So funny how simple the recipe is and how incredibly good they were. Thank you for the recipe!

ravi39501 says:

Washington is home to hundreds of small producers of incredible specialty foods in dozens of categories. Join us now in welcoming the producers of delicious and naturally healthy specialty food products at BuyWA.net.

Nina R. says:

Made these for work today, my co-workers liked them although some said they were a bit sweet. I may try using reguar cake donut holes next time! Thanks for the recipe.

Anna says:

I made these tonight for our Sunday School class tomorrow and they are AMAZING!!! They have haunted me ever since I saw this recipe and HAD to make them. LOVE THEM!!

[...] Glazed Donut Hole Brownies from Picky [...]

Terry says:

You simply slay me Jenny!! I mean, who would have thunk it? Donut holes & brownies!! Wonderful idea!!! I am making brownies for the 4th of July. What is your all-time favorite brownie recipe? Anyone of your fabulous creations stand out to be your favorite? I really want to knock the socks off my friends/family with an amazing brownie. You have so many wonderful choices to pick from…and they all look so good!! I can’t decide which one to make!! Help!!

Nikki says:

Yippee! I’m buying the Timbits (Tim Hortons’ donut holes) today!! I am doing a whole bunch of baking for my mom and her friends for various things, and I knew this one had to be in the mix when I saw it!! Will let you know how they turn out!

Nikki says:

In the oven now! I am leery about the fact that there did not seem to be much brownie batter for this size of pan, but we’ll see – I’ll be back to review!

Nikki says:

Alrighty, I’m back. Turned out wonderfully!! Well, the brownies that is… the ganache didn’t make it on the brownies… as the chocolate and cream didn’t really make it to ganache… more like a firm, seized clump of chocolate… both of my two attempts.

You. Are. Killing. Me! Lol! I think I just gained a couple extra pounds just reading this!

[...] were several hybrid desserts to choose to share like glazed doughnut hole brownies and croissant pretzels.  But, the churro cheesecake caught my eye because I love the two flavors [...]

Hi, Jenny! I’m stopping by to let you know that I featured your INCREDIBLE Glazed Donut Hole Brownies on my blog today in celebration of National Donut Day! Thanks for sharing the “sweet” recipe! Have a fabulous weekend!!

Emily says:

I think you just nailed the perfect combo of all of my pregnancy cravings…now I just have to try to convince my husband to make it for me ;)