Mar
2012

Creamy Crock Pot Spaghetti

Tags: , , ,

Dinner

A couple weekends ago I remember thinking, I wonder what would happen if I did spaghetti in the crockpot?  Oh my goodness, I did it and it’s fabulous!  Now I am wondering why on earth didn’t I do it sooner?

No boiling the noodles, just throw it all into the crock pot and dinner is done a few hours later.  I added a little secret ingredient to my spaghetti….some cream cheese that makes for a creamy dreamy sauce.  Be sure to try it :)

Hope you enjoy this simple dinner!

Here’s your line up.  I actually used 3 jars of sauce so add one more to this picture….and a couple cups of chicken broth :)

For starters, brown up 1 pound of ground beef in a skillet.

I keep it simple, a little salt, pepper and garlic salt/or powder.

Now we are ready for the crock pot.

Start by pouring one jar of pasta sauce into the bottom of your crock pot.

Time for the noodles :)

Break them in half so they fit nicely into the crock pot.

Pour your ground beef over the noodles.

Sprinkle with some Parmesan Cheese.

Add some cubed cream cheese….my favorite part!

One more jar of pasta sauce over top.

Nice and even :)

Close the lid and you are good to go!

Creamy Crock Pot Spaghetti

1 pound lean ground beef

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or salt

3 jars 26 ounce pasta sauce

1 pound spaghetti noodles

1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese

4 ounces cream cheese

1-2 cups chicken broth

1. Cook/brown beef into a medium skillet over medium heat until crumbled and browned Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drain fat from pan if necessary.

2. Pour one jar of pasta sauce into bottom of crock pot on high heat. Break spaghetti noodles in half and place noodles over sauce. Pour cooked beef over noodles, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with cubes of cream cheese. Pour another jar of pasta over cream cheese, close lid and let cook on high for 3 hours. After 3 hours, give a good stir (will be thick) and add last jar of pasta sauce and 1-2 cups of chicken broth (more if you want a thinner sauce). Close lid and let cook another hour or until ready to serve.

Makes 10-12 servings

_____________________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Jenny it’s awesome looking and I honestly had NO idea you could make spaghetti in a crock pot, noodles and all, without even having to boil them. I really need to dust mine off!

Stephanie says:

I totally just made spaghetti sauce with cream cheese too!! Woah ;)
    Must try using a crock pot next time – brilliant, thanks!

Kathryn says:

Gosh, I had no idea you could make spaghetti in the crock pot – I thought it would go all mushy – but this looks perfect!

What a brilliant idea, Jenny! It reminds me of the absolutely delicious spaghetti I would get in the cafeteria that had been soaking up the tomato sauce all day. Yum!!!! :D

Wow, I had never even considered making spaghetti in a crock pot! This recipe looks delicious and relatively easy to make, which is just my kind of recipe :) Can’t wait to try it, Thanks Jenny!

Amanda says:

This sounds amazing! I am trying this for dinner tonight! Thanks for the recipe!

Creamy and delicious spaghetti. Yummy! =)

My husband would go crazy for this!!! LOVE a good crockpot meal.

Sue says:

Looks divine but curious as to why it requires so much pasta sauce. For the everyday one jar of sauce is, for me, too much for one pound of pasta. and now that I’ve splurged on Whole Foods San Marzano pureed tomatoes I’m spoiled and like to make my own sauce. Will try this, though, esp because I just bought some parmagiano reggiano on sale. It looks very kid friendly, too-thanks!

kel says:

The spaghetti noodles absorb it. It’s like how leftover spaghetti in the refrigerator absorbs the sauce, too.

Melissa says:

Do you think you could freeze this after it’s been cooked? That’s a lot of servings.

wow, this looks amazing!!!!!!!!! love it. i love the idea of adding cream cheese.

katie says:

I never thought to make spaghetti in a crock pot. What an awesome idea! I can’t wait to give this a try. It was so nice meeting you at Food Blog Forum this weekend!

Deborah says:

I am totally loving this – especially that addition of cream cheese!!

Bev Weidner says:

O.M.G. I have to do this!

debbie says:

looking forward to this soon !

Emily says:

I think we’ll have this for dinner next Saturday, thanks! :)

Sarah F says:

OMG looks amazing! so easy and yummy!I will have to try this too!

Jana says:

I’ve been looking for a great crock pot spaghetti recipe and I think I’ve found it. You had me at cream cheese!!!:) YUM!

Cassie says:

This is such a great idea, Jenny! I can’t believe I’ve never tried this. Sounds delicious!

Meg says:

I LOVE when I can invite my dinner into the crockpot to cook for me while we’re running the kids around. Thank you! Looks wonderful!

What a great idea!

Only you could make a photo of raw ground beef look so beautiful! Your photography is always stunning :)

Ihave a 10 year old who would be all over this!!

This is making me so hungry! Looks delicious and simple too!

Jennifer says:

This looks delish!!!
    Ps. I love your etched silverware!!!!

xoxo
    Jen

Lori says:

Looks so good, love the cream cheese add in… I boil the hamburger when I make spaghetti, tacos, gets all the grease out and hamburger is fine..

Lori says:

I should say hamburger is good, the texture/look isnt as large as when you fry it..

Lauren Rains says:

I am totally making this for dinner tomorrow night! My husband is pretty picky, but he has been trying to slowly branch out his palate; this is a good, tiny step up from the usual plain ol’ marinara spaghetti we make. Can’t wait, it looks delicious! :)

Andrea says:

I was so looking forward to having this for dinner tonight, however it helps to turn on my crockpot! Grrrr. We will have it tomorrow. Looking forward to trying this.

With such a recipe as this, I can see why you have over 27,000 likes on Facebook! It looks awesome. :)

Stephanie says:

So excited to try this! Will the noodles still cool if I leave it on low all day while I am at work or does it need to be cooked on high?

Hi Stephanie, not sure if I would let the noodles sit in the crock pot all day long. I think the noodles would get too mushy.

wendy says:

Have you made this without the cream cheese? If so, how did it turn out?

MegT says:

Love seeing another crockpot recipe- thank you for posting! I hope to try your recipe soon. The crockpot is a great convenience for on-the-go mommas. It just makes me feel like I still “made” supper for my family without all the chaos after work.

This is a great idea for a quick and simple meal! Love it!

looks great! SO GREAT to see you this past weekend! Keep in touch! One day I am coming to visit! You are so sweet and such a breath of fresh air!

Amy Hudnut says:

YUM, I made this tonight and it was delish! I used rotelle noodles instead because my boys aren’t big fans of spaghetti noodles. It was a HIT! Will be making this again and again!!! Thank you!

I made your Wild Rice Cheesy Chicken Casserole for dinner tonight and it was SO delicious!! I halved the recipe as I’m just cooking for my husband & I-it was plenty and we have leftovers. Also, I added some broccoli which we really liked. I will be making it again!

I’ve heard of crock pot spaghetti but I’ve never made it. This looks really easy for the busy days I’m living now. Your spaghetti looks really good!

Brilliant! I haven’t heard of slow cooked spaghetti recipe before. This is perfect for busy weekdays when you just don’t have enough time to cook. Thanks for this lovely idea.

Lauren says:

Ok, I officially need to get a crockpot.

OH wow does that look good! Can’t wait to try this at home!

Thank you for the recipe… That sounds very tasty! I’ll try to cook some these days ;)

I’ve never seen anything like this before. Can’t wait to try it!! Thanks for this post.

This looks so good! And so easy, now I just need to go out and get a crockpot!! I’ve been meaning to get one anyway and this seems like the perfect excuse for a splurge :D

Gretchely says:

Thank you for such a great idea. It was the best spaghetti I’ve ever had!

Sandie says:

I am wondering, did the pasta come out mushy ? this sounds great, but not sure about how the texture would turn out

jessica says:

I work during the day away from home and am wondering how I might adapt the time on this recipe to be able to start it before I leave (around 8am) and have it go all day until I get home around 4:30 . . . is it possible to cook it on low for that period of time and have it be ok?? Thoughts? Thanks – love the crock pot but am having trouble finding recipes that can cook as long as I need them to. Thanks – love your site. One of my favorites.

jessica says:

just made it through all the comments and say your reply to a previous post about leaving it all day. Think I will have to save this one for a day I am home. Looks good though.

Thanks.

Bethface says:

So I made this tonight for dinner and it was so yummy and really easy. Although mine was done after only two hours, so happy I checked it.

At first glance I saw Creamy “Crack” Pot Spaghetti and anything that is described as crack has got to be fantatstic…though now that I say that it makes me sound like a crackie, of which I am not…oh dear, this hole is going to get very large if I don’t stop now.
    Needless to say – this looks fantastic and anything made in a crock-pot is always delicious.

Kim in MD says:

Jennie- this looks so easy and amazingingly delicious! I have a question, though. Is there a reason why you add the chicken broth at the end instead of at the beginning? I wonder if you wouldn’t need three jars of marinara if you added the chicken broth in the beginning? I may give that a try and let you know how it turns out! Thanks for sharing your awesome recipes with us! :-)

Katie says:

I just made this and maybe I messed something up. I followed the directions exactly but ended up with mushy, clumps of pasta. Most of it stuck together and got all gummy and pasty. I peeled as much apart as I could before adding the broth and letting it cook another hour but yeah, just didn’t work for me. It tasted great, quite yummy but the mushy, pasty texture of the pasta just really turned us off. Oh well.

Katie says:

This happened to me too! Did you use angel hair pasta? I am wondering if that made a difference in mine?!

• Jenny says:

Yes, definitely use a normal spaghetti noodle, that will help!!

• Katie says:

Same thing happened here! I wish I would have read allll of the comments before I bought the angel hair pasta yesterday. Oh well, at least I know what caused the clumpiness for when I make it next time. Note to self: get regular spaghetti noodles!

• Cool Breeze says:

Turned into mushy mess. Used whole wheat pasta which is normally more stout… Good idea but not too sure on the execution here. Help?

• jerri ryan says:

I think the angel hair pasta is the problem. I used angel hair (all I had) and we got mushy-cheesy pasta. :) The kids ate it, but reluctantly!! Next time I will make sure to use spaghetti noodles.

• Vicki Buntemeyer says:

Didn’t work well for me either. Sauce on the bottom dried out and clumped a lot of the spaghetti together. Salvaged what we could and put in regular pot to finish it. Added more sauce and some tomato juice to finish cooking the spaghetti. The taste was pretty good but don’t think I will try it in crockpot again.

Angela says:

No, it wasn’t just the angel hair, I used regular spaghetti noodles and had the same issue

Sara says:

This was a winner at our house! I used only half the sauce, since that’s all I had and we don’t like a lot of sauce anyway. Also, I used water instead of chicken broth, because I didn’t have any broth. Still turned out good. I may add mushrooms next time though.

Thanks for posting!