Mar
2012

Working with COOL WHIP

I am working with the COOL WHIP brand this year and the 2012 COOL WHIP Creative Campaign is based on the notion that “What you add makes it.” It’s a reminder to all Moms that the little things she does, like adding a dollop of COOL WHIP to an otherwise plain cake or pie, turns ordinary into extra special.

I think it’s so true that what you add makes it.  Any special touches to your desserts will make everyone feel so special :)

Be sure to check out the COOL WHIP  Facebook Page for more helpful information.

Be sure to be on the lookout for me in the following magazines…May issue of Food Network Magazine and June issues of Family Circle, and Real Simple!

Take a look at this gorgeous Chocolate Lasagna below that was inspired by me and will be featured in my upcoming COOL WHIP ads.

We all know I am an OREO cookie fanatic, so those cookies layered with COOL WHIP, pudding and cream cheese make for an extraordinary dessert.  You are in for a treat with this one!

Chocolate Lasagna

Prep Time:  20 Min. plus refrigerating Makes:  24 servings

What You Need

35 Oreo Cookies

6 Tbsp. butter, melted

1 pkg. 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened

¼ cup sugar

2 Tbsp. cold milk

1 tub 12 oz. COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided

2 pkg. 3.9 oz each Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding

3 ¼ cups cold milk

Make It

Process cookies in food processor until fine crumbs form.  Transfer to medium bowl; mix in butter.  Press onto bottom of 13×9 inch dish.  Refrigerate until ready to use.

Whisk cream cheese, sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk in medium bowl until blended.  Stir in 1 ¼ cups COOL WHIP; spread over crust.

Beat pudding mixes and 3 ¼ cups milk with whisk 2 min.; pour over cream cheese layer.  Let stand 5 min. or until thickened; cover with remaining COOL WHIP.  Sprinkle with additional crushed OREO cookies if desired.  Refrigerate 4 hours.

Size-Wise:

Enjoy this dessert on a special occasion, but stick to the serving size of this rich treat.

How to Easily Cut Into Squares:

Place dessert in freezer about 1 hour before cutting into squares to serve.

How to Soften Cream Cheese:

Place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese on microwaveable plate.  Microwave on HIGH 15 sec. or until slightly softened.

I am working in partnership with the COOL WHIP brand and I am receiving compensation for my participation in this campaign. All thoughts/opinions are 100% my own.

Comments

Congrats, Jenny!! How exciting and awesome!

I love Cool Whip. I was raised on it as one of the major food groups :)

Mmmm…I love Cool Whip! My husband thinks I’m crazy because he loves whipped cream, but I don’t like whipped cream. Weird. Anyway, you look great in that photo! :D

Kristen says:

Great picture and how fun to see yourself in a magazine! Funny that the slice you’re holding is definitely not the recommended serving size…but rather much closer to the size I would like to eat right now! :)

Cassie says:

This is so fun. Great picture, can’t wait to see more!

Look at you go,Jenny!!! So so cool, can’t WAIT to see the ads!!!

Thesha says:

Congratulations Jenny, you look great! And Yum! This dessert looks awesome, I can’t wait to try it.

Oh my gosh! Look at you, JENNY!! YOU LOOK AWESOME! So pretty!! Congratulations on this endeavor and that chocolate lasagna you’re showing off in the ad, looks like it’s just for me! hehe ;)

Melody Williamson says:

This is one of my favorite desserts and everyone always loves it! I do make a change though. I use mint oreos instead of the regular oreos and I sprinkle Andes mint pieces on top! Perfection!

Georgia says:

That is so great! When I see the ads, I’ll say “I know her!!” Haha!

Chocolate lasagna! This will be great for the summer.

Kristen M. says:

Congrats Jenny! Great pic and very exciting! I will definitely pick up those mags.

Pamela W says:

You deserve this for all your hard work on recipes that we benefit from. What’s next a TV show on food network?!!

Holly says:

You would have loved the doughnut that I had this morning from our local doughnut shop. It was a chocolate doughnut filled with whipped cream (inside and on top) and then covered with crushed oreos. It was amazing.

Bev Weidner says:

I will FREAK MY FACE when I see this in person! CONGRATS!!

Nancy Brown says:

Congratulations Jenny! I am making this recipe on the weekend!

Lauren says:

You’re getting SO famous now!! Go Jenny go! PS- could eat cool whip on its own. Forget the dessert!

Megan says:

Jenny…. WOW!!! And to say you used to work at Boston Street :) Congratulations, and keep up the good work. My family’s taste buds thank you!!

Congrats Jenny! You look fabulous and so does your dessert :) Can’t wait to see the ads. Happy Friday!

You’re a celebrity! Congratulations. Lasagna is a favorite of mine; so’s chocolate. Putting the two together… heavenly idea!

I love Cool Whipp as well!! I always have like 5 tubs in my freezer for when I want a quick dessert!!!

Oh my gosh Jenny, that’s awesome, can’t wait to see you in magazines! I am obsessed with Cool Whip – if you gave me a spoon and a tub, I’d easily eat the entire thing. But yes, I agree, adding a dollop to finish off desserts does make them extra special!

Marie in Va says:

Your new ad looks great! We can all say we followed you before you were famous :)
    I think this dessert may have to be added to our Easter menu!

van pham says:

There is a recipe that looks very similar to that on Kraft’s website called Striped Delight. But yours look so much prettier then mine had ever turned out.

EatLiveRun says:

You are adorable!!! I love it!

Awesome!!! Congrats Jenny! WI love cool whip, I normally add it to puddings to make them fluffy and I also top my frozen fruit with cool whip for the perfect cool snack!

Clever! Love the idea of lasagna too! :D

LuLu says:

can you use regular chocolate pudding instead of instant?????

i ssen this in a magazine.
    i made it….only i didn’t have any cookies left for a topping.
    so i just sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top.

Shaun says:

A fellow guest brought this to a party last Sat. It was devoured in minutes. Can’t wait for a nice occasion to make it myself.

Jessica Peters says:

Great dessert and easy to make but…the containers of Cool Whip are 8 ozs….

Sara Dickson says:

Does 35 cookies mean the whole entire cookie? or does it mean 35 single cookies? Or 35 cookies minus the filling which would be approximately 70 single outside’s oreo wafer s?

Samheechan says:

How long can it last in the fridge?