Apr
2012

Baby and Cookbook News :)

Baby |

All kinds of fun to spill today. As most of you know, I have my first cookbook coming out this year, you can peek and even pre-order on Amazon HERE Barnes & Noble HERE. It has been an amazing process that I feel so blessed to be apart of. At first, the release date was going to be September 19th, but we have to bump that date one month to October because……

The Picky Palate family will be having another baby in September also!  As some of you know, my youngest is almost 7 years old, so I haven’t done this whole pregnancy thing in a while…not to mention I’m no spring chicken.  I am 35 years old!   The funny thing is, we have been trying for another baby for almost 2 years and this little one decides to come the same time as the cookbook.  Looks like he will fit in perfectly with my boys :)  Yes, I did say he.  We will be having a 3rd boy!

Kind of funny how you seem to forget how miserable the first trimester is.  Seemed like an eternity of nausea, but I am happy to say, I made it through all of that and am feeling great at 18 weeks.  Those of you who follow me on Instagram do not have to ask me any longer how I stay so skinny, I’m eating for 2 now, ok?  Lol!

This is going to be quite an exciting end of 2012 for our family, I am so excited to share it with you!

Comments

Congratulations, Jenny – what an exciting time for your family!

Oh Jenny, all the biggest of Congrats to you and the family!! :)

Ah, congrats! There are food bloggy babies popping up all over the place, it seems. :D

Congrats on both! Very exciting news!!!

Jacks says:

What great news!! Congratulations to you and your family! And I can’t wait for the cookbook – I’ve already pre-ordered mine from Amazon! :)

How exciting!! Congrats! Babies are such a blessing! I’m so happy fo you. I’m 16 weeks and cannot wait to meet my little one.

Congrats!! What exciting news! There are 3 boys in my family too, except for me!:) I’m the only girl, but my mom loves her boys!

Congratulations Jenny! That’s so exciting! :D I’m expecting my first right now and I could barely look at food during the entire first trimester. I hope your nausea subsides and you have a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy! Any advice for the whole birthing thing? I’m only a couple weeks away and TERRIBLY nervous. I just need to binge on some of your cookies and everything will be okay, right? ;-) Haha! Again, I’m so happy for you and your family!

Mai Nguyen says:

Can’t wait for your cookbook release!! And many congrats to you and your family on the new upcoming addition!!! (:

Congratulations on your new addition!! This is sure to be an amazing year for you!

Kristen M. says:

Jenny congratulations!!!!!!! When I saw your IG comment on Cookbook Queen’s pic last night I had a feeling this would be announced by you today. I am so excited for your families newest addition. My son’s have a 6 year age gap so I understand how you are feeling. It all feels like new experiences again. It took me that many years just to get pregnant a second time so when it happened I was shocked b/c in my mind I had reserved myself to the fact that we would probably only have one child. As you know, boys are wonderful and they have such a special place in their hearts for their mamas. :)

P.S. – I totally looked through your pics last night to see hiding bump pics. LOL!

Lori Allberry says:

OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS! Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, JENNY! I’m sorry for shouting but I am just so darn excited for you! Yes, everybody asks how you stay so skinny (on Instagram), and how funny, now we all know!!! OMG! This is awesome news!

*~*CONGRATULATIONS*~*

I wish you all the best!

♥Lori

Brenda Calhoun says:

Congrats! So hapoy for you!!! Hugs!

Very exciting on the book and the baby! Can’t wait to see them both.

Woohoo! Congrats on both! When we start having kids, Hubby and I have decided on two boys and a girl. We’ll see how that goes…

Karen says:

Congrats! I have three boys too, ages 8, 6, and 7 months. Your two boys are going to love having a baby brother! They are a great age for it. Being pregnant at 35 seemed much harder than at 28, but I survived and couldn’t be happier to have a baby in the family again.

This is great news Jenny!! A cookbook AND a baby!! Many congrats to you and your family :)

Sounds like me may have the exact same due date!

HUGE congrats to you and your growing family! That is terrific news!!! What an exciting time for you! xo

Pamela says:

Congratulations on the Cookbook and the baby! We have 3 boys and there is 5 years difference between #2 and #3. It’s been wonderful! I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Ashley W. says:

Congrats Jenny! That’s so exciting! I’m also due in September (but a week or two ahead of you since I’m almost 20 weeks) with a boy. Can’t wait to check out the book. :)

Laura says:

Congratulations!!! So very happy for you and your family :)

Bonnie says:

CONGRATS!!! I am blessed with two boys and it’s been quite a ride to their adulthood. Your recipes are family favorites…and they are always excited for me to try the latest one. We haven’t been disappointed yet! I will patiently wait for my pre-ordered cookbook :-)

I’m so happy for you! I had twin boys at 35. You’ll do great!

I am so happy for you! Congrats!

Jenny, what amazing news and major congrats!!!!!!! WOW this little bundle of joy is going to have two protective big brothers and so much love in his life :)

Crazy timing but isn’t that the way it always works with things in life!

So happy for you all!

Congratulations for everything!!!

Bridget wright says:

Whoo hoo! So excited to meet my new nephew! You have the cutest kids ever!

Sondra says:

Congrats and many blessings to you and the boys!!!

Julie Chiou says:

many congratulations to you and your family, Jenny!!! ahh! xoxo

Marie in Va says:

Congratulations! I had my last baby at 35… You’ll do great! :) And your boys will be so much help!
    I pre-ordered your book last month and can’t wait for it to be released!

Emily says:

Congratulations!!!! I’m due in September (September 14th), too, with my first child. So excited for all your news!

Carol says:

A big congratulations to you on your cookbook AND your new addition. What exciting news!

My daughter’s 2 boys are 7 years apart-Stephen was and IS a huge help with his little brother. I bet your 2 boys are excited for their baby brother to arrive.

what fabulous news all around. I’m so happy for you. :)

Amanda says:

Yay!! I am so, so excited for you Jenny!! So many exciting things to come this year. I can’t wait to see you and the precious baby bump in June!! :) xoxo

I can not wait to read your book and congrats on the new baby!!! Boys are the best.:)

Katrina says:

Congratulations on the soon to be addition to your family and for the new book! Such wonderful news! I love your recipes on your blog so I will definitely be purchasing your book.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You’re just a few weeks ahead of me, so fun!! Any chance you’ll be at BlogHer Food? We’ll both be rocking the baby bump ;) Again, huge congrats, this is so exciting!!

Shelley S says:

A new baby boy & a cookbook!! What wonderful and blessed 2012! Congratulations, Jenny!

Allie Q says:

Congratulations! It’s a wonderful blessing

yeni says:

Wow, that’s awesome! Congrats and best wishes. BOYS ROCK!

Sarah F says:

Congrats! :-) Very exciting!

Mary P says:

Congratulations! I had my last surprise baby at 42, so know where you are with that! Exciting news, thanks for sharing it with us !

Sara E says:

woo-hoo!!!! congrats on boy #3… I have 3 sons also… LOVE

and… I’m pre-ordering your book :)

SharonS says:

Super excited about both! I have two copies of your book on preorder! Congrats!

Katie W. says:

Congratulations!! I have been following your blog forever and love that you will have another precious little boy to help you in the kitchen! I also can’t wait to get my hands on your cookbook, your recipes always turn out wonderful!!

Katie

A big congrats to you and your family! What an exciting year 2012 will be. And by the way, you are still a spring chicken:)

Kimberli says:

Congratulations to you, such an exciting year!!! And yay for more boys – I have 2 myself and couldn’t imagine it any other way!!

Cindy says:

Congrats!! I too am the mom of 3 boys and love it. 11,8 &4. Can’t wait to see the new cookbook and try out some of the recipes Best wishes on all your upcoming adventures. Cindy

Nancy Brown says:

Congratulations! Wonderful year for you and your family!