Chicken Gorgonzola Bruschetta Garlic Toast
- 5 firm Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, stacked, rolled then thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Ciabatta bread or French Loaf, split
- 6-8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- 1- 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola (depending on how much you like)
- 1 large chicken breast, shredded
- Preheat oven’s broiler with rack 5-6 inches from top.
- To prepare bruschetta topping, place diced tomatoes, garlic, sliced basil leaves, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Place split bread cut side up onto a large baking sheet. Spread with butter and season with garlic salt. Top evenly with gorgonzola cheese and shredded chicken. Top with bruschetta topping and place under broiler for about 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown. Remove, cut into 2 inch slices and serve.
Makes 6 servings, 2 slices of toast each