Bakery Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In stand mixer, cream your butter and sugars for a good 3 minutes. Will be light and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- In a large bowl stir together your flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add to your wet ingredients along with your chocolate chips until just combined. With a giant cookie scoop or a heaping 1/4 cup scoop dough onto your prepared baking sheet fitting only about 5 cookies per sheet. Press each cookie down to about 1/2 inch thick before baking. Bake for 13-16 minutes, until cookies are baked through and edges golden. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Place on cooling rack to finish cooling. Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container.
Makes 10-15 XXL cookies