Skillet Berry Crumble
- 12 ounces frozen or fresh blueberries (if you have fresh or frozen elderberries, those would be great)
- 2 tablesoons corn starch
- 2 tablepoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place blueberries, corn starch, lemon juice and sugar into a 9 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, stirring to combine. Stir and cook until bubbly and thick, about 7 minutes. Turn heat off.
- To prepare crumb topping add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt into a large mixing bowl, stir to combine. With a pastry cutter, cut in ice cold butter cubes until small pea size balls form. This takes a good constant 5 minutes of cutting butter into flour mixture. Pour crumb topping over blueberries and bake for 25-30 minutes, until blueberries are bubbling and crust is golden and firm to the touch. Remove and serve with warm with ice cream on top.
Makes 4-6 Servings