Swiss N’ Chicken Vegetable Marinara Rice Bake
- 2 cups brown or white rice
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 26 ounce jar marinara or pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and cook 2 cups dry rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onions, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add rice, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Stir in vegetables, pasta sauce, Parmesan, and shredded chicken. Transfer to 9×13 baking dish spreading evenly. Top with Swiss cheese and bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and hot.
Makes 6-8 servings