I know I know, another Oreo Cookie recipe, lol! I am an addict what can I say?
Let me give you some details here. Think Reeses Peanut Butter Cup but with Oreos and homemade buttercream! Did I convince you?
I found these cute little cups at Michaels in the baking section. They are great to have in your pantry.
Ok, lets take a look at how simple these are to prepare
If I could make one recommedation it would be to get yourself a vanilla bean for the buttercream. It makes the frosting absolutely to die for. Pretty simple ingredients here other than the bean
Get your chocolate chips ready into a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted and smooth. If you prefer doing this over a double boiler that is fine too.
Prepare your buttercream and have it ready. See those fabulous vanilla bean seeds?! Yum!
Here’s your melted chocolate ready for the cups.
You’ll spoon about 2 tablespoons into your cup.
Top with an Oreo Cookie and a spoon of buttercream.
Top with more melted chocolate. Oh yah
The hardest part of the whole recipe is waiting for them to set up. They are worth it though
Chocolate Oreo Buttercream Cups
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Oreo Cookies
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, about 60-90 seconds. Spoon 2 tablespoon melted chocolate into cups then top with an Oreo cookie.
- To prepare buttercream, place butter into stand mixer and beat until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until nice and thick. Split vanilla bean down the middle and scrape out the seeds with the tip of your knife. Add the seeds to the frosting and mix to combine.
- Top each Oreo with a small spoonful of buttercream then top with more melted chocolate to cover Oreo and buttercream. Let chocolate set up for a good hour or so then serve.
Makes 4 Servings