My Set, My Homemade Chicken Ragout plus Giveaway
I had so much fun creating this recipe for www.calphalon.com/yourset. I wanted to create a simple yet impressive dinner that the whole family would enjoy. This is great for a Sunday dinner or even during the week. With only a few ingredients needed, you can whip up this dinner in no time at all. Calphalon, makes a beautiful AccuCore 3-quart Stainless Steel Saute pan that I am in love with. Make sure you enter below the recipe to win a $500 Calphalon gift card to build your own set of cookware!
It’s so fun cooking in a brand new pan isn’t it?! It’s shiny and fabulous just begging to be cooking in, lol!
www.calphalon.com/yourset is the first cookware experience that allows you the ability to customize a cookware set for the way you cook and entertain. Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or mastering a new technique, now you can create a set piece by piece from the best of Calphalon. Mix it up. Make it yours.
Let’s start shall we? Heat olive oil in your pan over medium heat. Get the pan nice and hot.
Add your chicken pieces to the pan.
Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
You are going to partially cook the chicken, browning on both sides, about 5 minutes each side.
Remove chicken from the pan to start the ragout.
You want to see these wonderful brown bits in the pan, this will season the sauce nicely.
Add your diced potatoes to the hot pot with browned bits.
Season your potatoes with a little salt and pepper.
Cook the potatoes for a few minutes to brown nicely.
Add your chopped onions and minced garlic.
Cook and stir for 5 additional minutes.
Add a can of crushed tomatoes right to the pan.
Give it a good stir.
Nestle your chicken pieces right in the sauce and potatoes and bake partially covered for about an hour.
I like to serve this dinner right in the pan. This chicken is great served with spoonfuls of sauce or on top of cooked pasta.
Homemade Chicken Ragout
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 pieces chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 small russet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Heat olive oil into 3 quart or larger sautee pan. Salt and pepper chicken pieces then carefully add them to hot pan. Brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer partially cooked chicken to a plate or some tin foil.
- With oil and browned bits still in pan, add potatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper then and onions, stirring until potatoes are browned and onions softened. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, stirring to combine then add partially cooked chicken sitting in sauce and potatoes. Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove and serve with chicken and sauce or over top cooked pasta.
Makes 4 Servings
Giveaway $500 Calphalon Gift Card
Here’s How To Enter:
For more chances to win a $500 Gift Card, visit these other participating Calphalon bloggers:
Eclectic Recipes Thai- Basil Pork Stir Fry
Recipe Girl Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Apple Bacon Pan Sauce
Aggie’s Kitchen Spicy Fish Wraps
Good Life Eats Sauteed Garlic- Bacon Green Beans
Family Fresh Cooking Pumpkin Mac n’ Cheese
Baked Bree Steak au Poivre Sandwiches
Disclosure: “This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Calphalon blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.”