Winter is wonderful for so many reasons, but one in particular I love is that I can drink hot chocolate everyday, lol! I feel like Buddy the Elf:) I have created this hot chocolate recipe that is downright irresistible. I have a few secrets that I use to make a creamy dreamy drink that will have everyone asking for the recipe.
Let’s take a look.
I LOVE using part Dark Chocolate Almond Milk and part milk as the base. Now, don’t be turned off by the “dark” chocolate. I assure you it does not taste dark at all. It’s thick and makes your hot chocolate wonderful. I would recommend a higher fat milk like 2% or whole. I used skim today and it’s fine, but come on Once the base is hot, I add some grated chocolate and Junior Mints for a hint of peppermint. The heavy whipping cream is to make whipped cream for the top!
To start, add your milk and almond dark chocolate milk to the saucepan.
While the milk is getting hot, break out your lemon zester or even a cheese grater will do the trick.
Grate about 1/2 cup of chocolate.
Add the chocolate to your saucepan whisking to melt.
Junior Mint time
Add about 1/2 Cup right to your saucepan. Stir until melted.
Time to make the whipped cream. Just some heavy cream and a little sugar.
One of my favorite tools from oxo is their Egg Beater. Works great for eggs and even better to make homemade whipped cream.
Ladle the hot chocolate into your cups.
Top with your whipped cream then sprinkle with more grated chocolate!
I got a little messy as you can see Enjoy!
Creamy Junior Mint Hot Chocolate
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup finely grated chocolate
- 1/2 cup Jr. Mints
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated suagar
- Pour milk and chocolate almond milk into a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add grated chocolate, stirring to combine. Add Jr. Mints stirring until melted. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Pour cream and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Ladle hot chocolate into cups and top with homemade whipped cream and sprinkle with additional grated chocolate.
Makes 4 Servings